029 – Kakashi vs Sasuke – part 2
526 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kakashi, with all his weights removed, was a true menace. The tables immediately turned, and Sasuke was once again on the defensive.

However, Sasuke had a wealth of experience with a sword. Even though Kakashi was stronger and faster, he couldn't gain a clear advantage.

And then it happened. Kakashi started using his jutsu. Kakashi used only two hand signs and threw pressured water towards Sasuke.

"Water Release: Water Bullet Technique," Kakashi announced.

In reply, Sasuke also formed two hand signs.

"Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique," Sasuke countered.

The two techniques collided, creating a temporary mist. Kakashi, taking advantage of the mist, had already moved next to Sasuke.

"I had already predicted that you would use this technique. You managed to reduce it to two hand signs. That's impressive," Kakashi remarked.

Sasuke attempted to attack, but Kakashi had already prepared a new water bullet. Sasuke barely managed to deflect the water with his blade when a new Kakashi appeared behind him and struck him in the ribs. He was using a shadow clone.

Sasuke popped. He had also predicted Kakashi's movements and had created his own shadow clone. The original had already hidden himself behind a tree with the help of the mist.

However, another water bullet came towards him from a different direction and the original Sasuke didn't have enough time to completely dodge it. His left shoulder got hit. Kakashi had created a second shadow clone.

Kakashi didn't press him further and said, "I guess that's enough for a spar."

"Sensei, we're not even close," Sasuke retorted and activated his Sharingan.

"I knew you would say that," Kakashi replied with an evil smile.

He had already prepared new water bullets when Sasuke got hit. Water came at Sasuke from three different directions. However, with his heightened senses, Sasuke easily evaded them.

Sasuke’s hand immediately turned green and touched his shoulder. He used his increased evasive abilities for a few seconds to heal his shoulder to an acceptable degree.

Watching Sasuke’s skill Kakashi thought 'Hokage told me not to show any new techniques to the kid, but this is just plain stupid. Sasuke will be my student, and I need his trust. He has already developed his own techniques and he is a genius. If we continue making his progress hard, he will develop negative feelings towards the village. I refuse to act as his warden, and I refuse to be trash. I am sure that with my new status as an S-rank, Hokage-sama will forgive my small disobedience.'

Sasuke couldn't create many clones right now. He used all his clones for training, and he only left space for one more in case of an emergency. He immediately dispelled three of his training clones, increasing his limit to four. His clones had been training for half an hour already, accumulating new memories. Dismissing three of them together was his limit, and he already felt a slight headache. However, this rule didn't apply to new clones with only a few seconds of memories which means that he could use and pop his four remaining clones during this fight.

Sasuke promptly created four shadow clones and sent them against Kakashi's two clones. His main body engaged with Kakashi.

Kakashi avoided him and used the Body Flicker Technique to support one of his clones. Almost instantly he managed to pop one of Sasuke's clones with a kunai.

Sasuke was very pleased. He had managed to copy the body flicker with his Sharingan. However, he didn't want to use it immediately. He still remembered the experience of using a shadow clone immediately after copying it and didn't want to take any risks without a reason.

'I didn't expect Kakashi to let me copy his jutsu. It seems that his mindset is different from the Hokage's. That's a very welcomed surprise.'

Sasuke decided to push Kakashi even further by revealing more of his cards. He immediately used an overcharged genjutsu against Kakashi's clones. He didn't expect to ensnare the main body in genjutsu and he didn't even try. Afterall according to Hiruzen his sensei is supposed to be a genjutsu expert.

Sasuke used a lot of chakra, but he successfully put Kakashi’s clones in a genjutsu.  He effected their senses and he easily destroyed one of them with his blade. Kakashi, however, dispelled the other clone himself to recall his chakra.

"Your Sharingan is very strong, and it seems that you have a natural talent for creating layers. However, your technique is raw, and you are using too much chakra. You have clearly overestimated my clones. You could achieve the same result with only a third of the chakra. You need practice and more techniques as a reference. However, considering your lack of practice, I have to say that your natural talent is superb. As your sensei, it is my duty to help you reach your maximum potential."

Sasuke was very pleased with Kakashi. He hit the bullseye with his words.

Kakashi refrained from creating more clones and instead focused more chakra into his feet, further increasing his speed. The way his chakra flowed through his body was the epitome of efficiency.

Sasuke successfully copied these precise movements and also copied the Water Bullet technique that Kakashi used to eliminate the rest of his clones.

Sasuke moved onto the river, and the fight was once again a 1v1 without clones.

Once again Kakashi pushed him hard, and Sasuke struggled. After several exchanges, Sasuke barely defended against a kick, and his back was bent to such an extreme degree that it resembled a limbo dance move. Kakashi thought he had Sasuke cornered, but suddenly, Sasuke used his feet to skate between Kakashi's legs.

Kakashi was taken aback and Sasuke’s katana almost stabbed his right leg. However, Kakashi managed to defend himself at the last moment possible by jumping.

'I'll end this now,' Kakashi thought and smiled.

Though Sasuke managed to counterattack, his body was in an extremely awkward position. Watching Kakashi's smile, Sasuke knew he wouldn't be able to avoid the next move and focused all his efforts on copying it.

Kakashi used two hand signs and created small sparks with his fingers. He immediately threw them towards the river.

“Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder”

Sasuke got momentarily paralyzed, and when he regained control of his body, Kakashi had a kunai next to his throat. However, Sasuke still had a smile on his face after successfully copying the technique.

"My dear student, it's your loss. However, I have to say that you would make an excellent dancer. That was truly an impressive trick. I never thought doing something like that," Kakashi said with admiration.

Sasuke smirked in response. "Next time, I'll make you use your Sharingan."

Suddenly, both Kakashi and Sasuke heard voices and turned their focus to the right.

"LEE!"

"GAI-SENSEI!"

"LEE!"

"GAI-SENSEI!"

Sasuke was completely confused.

"What's happening?"

"It seems that our fanboys can't contain their excitement," Kakashi said with a twisted smile.

---

After the fight, Gai secretly approached Kakashi. Gai had a very serious expression and said, "Kakashi, some of your jokes towards the kid were totally inappropriate. Don't get me wrong, I love your jokes, but you were talking with a child who is not even a genin. Just because Sasuke is insanely strong, it does not mean he is an adult."

Kakashi was not used to seeing Gai so serious, so he was very skeptical and troubled by his words.

Gai continued, "Kakashi, I know that you used the Icha Icha books to escape from your pain, but it seems like they have affected you, at least your sense of humor. You sounded like Jiraiya, and you know how he treats women. You should talk to Inoichi about that."

Kakashi was a little shocked with the realization that he had started to resemble Jiraiya. He looked at Gai and nodded reluctantly.

---

The next day, Kakashi, Lee, and Gai visited him again at his training spot, and Kakashi requested another spar. This time, Kakashi came prepared with a small katana.

"Sasuke, I was truly impressed with your Kenjutsu. I haven't used this tanto in a long time, and I'm quite rusty. Please indulge me," Kakashi suggested.

Surprisingly, Kakashi immediately activated his Sharingan and shed his weights, attacking Sasuke with almost full power.

'This guy is completely shameless. He wants to copy my Kenjutsu,' Sasuke thought.

Not wanting Kakashi to copy his swordsmanship, Sasuke promptly activated his Sharingan. He began spamming fireballs and multiple Oni Dekopins. After yesterday's spar, he had tested the Body Flicker technique and found it safe to use. Now, he used it continuously to maintain distance from his sensei.

Kakashi, however, saw through Sasuke's strategy and began spamming ninjutsu to force Sasuke to reveal more of his swordsmanship. As a result, this spar evolved into an exchange of techniques.

Sasuke successfully copied three techniques: 'Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique,' 'Earth Release: Tearing Earth Turning Palm,' and 'Wind Release: Great Breakthrough.' Kakashi used many different techniques as a way of bribing for copying Sasuke’s kenjutsu. However, Sasuke knew that he was still on the losing end of the exchange even though he managed to limit his kenjutsu to only a few styles.

‘Kakashi is stronger than I expected. He can play with me without using his strongest techniques. He can wield all five elements, and all his aspects are at a very high level. Isn't he a bit overpowered for an A-rank? Is the bingo book wrong about him? I wonder how skilled he is in fuinjutsu. Also, it seems that after Danzo's fall, Hiruzen isn't as desperate as before to find a successor. Otherwise, I don’t think that my sensei would have much of a choice considering his skill. Anyway, it will be an interesting experience having him as my sensei.'

---

Sasuke had accepted the group’s invitation to train together, and the next morning at 5:00, he met with the trio. They began with a warm-up run towards the waterfall.

When they reached the waterfall, Sasuke, Lee, and Gai were astonished. The entire waterfall was covered with clones—nearly a hundred of them—each attempting to slice through the water using wind.

'Naruto can create way too many clones. This is going to be a serious problem… Also, Kakashi didn't seem surprised,' Sasuke thought.

"SO MANY NARUTOS. UNBELIEVABLE," exclaimed Rock Lee.

Sasuke and Lee attempted to approach Naruto, but Kakashi stopped them.

"Before you go, I need to tell you something about Naruto” Kakashi began.

"Has something happened? Is Naruto, okay?" Rock Lee asked with a troubled expression.

"I was informed yesterday that Naruto's sensei was assassinated."

"WHAT? EBISU-SENSEI IS DEAD?" Lee said, tears welling up in his eyes. He had sparred with Naruto numerous times under Ebisu's tutelage and knew him to be a very kind person.

'Interesting. I wonder who did it,' Sasuke thought but remained silent.

"Did they catch the killer?" Gai asked, still shocked with the news.

"It was a teacher from the academy, Mizuki. He was Orochimaru's henchman and wanted to exploit Naruto's close relationship with the Hokage to steal a scroll from his office. He tried to manipulate Naruto, but he failed, and Naruto apprehended him. However, he had already assassinated Ebisu before meeting Naruto."

"MIZUKI-SENSEI?? THAT BASTARD WAS NOT ONLY A TERRIBLE TEACHER BUT ALSO A TRAITOR?" Rock Lee said with extreme anger.

"Naruto must be feeling terrible right now. He loved his sensei very much. Lee, come with me. We need to help him," Sasuke said with a low voice and tearful eyes.

Lee nodded with sadness and followed him.

30