035 – First day at training
405 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Team 7 met at 8:00 at the Third Training Ground. After greeting each other, Kakashi announced his plans for the week.

"My dear students, before we begin any serious training and missions, I need to assess your capabilities and help you develop a feasible training plan. I already know Naruto's and Sasuke's capabilities, and today I will personally test Tenten.

Sasuke and Naruto, two of my shadow clones, will help you develop your training plan. You can discuss with them about your current plan and ask any questions that you have."

The team nodded, and Kakashi immediately took Tenten away for a spar.

"Tenten, I know that you are a prodigy in medical ninjutsu. The report said that Hōshō was very interested in you and gave you private lessons in the hospital." 

Tenten nodded. "Hōshō-sensei was interested in me mostly because of my character. He said that my cheerful and caring nature is ideal for a doctor. It wasn't exactly tutoring but more like practice of what we learned in class. I worked with patients, and in the last year, I also performed some simple surgeries with his guidance."

"That's very impressive. Don't downplay your talents," Kakashi said.

"I don't downplay them, sensei. If Hōshō-sensei was interested in talent, he would have easily picked Sasuke. Also, Sakura has better talent than me. The only reason that I am better than her right now is that I train much harder."

Kakashi nodded and said, "A good friend of mine says that the best talent is the ability to work hard… Has Hōshō taught you any noteworthy technique that you can use in combat apart from the mystical palm jutsu?"

"Not really. Most of the techniques are D-rank and they are diagnostic jutsus. I can also perform Chakra Scalpel, and Sasuke said that the technique has potential. However, it requires great precision to hit the correct muscle tissues and tendons. Sasuke suggested that if I decide to focus on this jutsu, I should put weights on my hands and fingers and practice my precision with them."

Kakashi nodded, pleased. "Well, this technique can have its uses in battle, but there are many more techniques that are easier and more practical to learn at your stage."

"That was also mine and Sasuke's conclusion. I mostly focused on my weapon training, my chakra control, and my water elemental training."

"Interesting. Show me."

Tenten immediately threw four shuriken at him. Kakashi easily avoided them and also noticed the wires connected with them. He instantly cut three of the wires and avoided the last shuriken.

Tenten had already predicted that he would avoid them and had thrown a kunai with an exploding tag at him. Kakashi jumped back, and Tenten immediately dropped a smoke bomb and hid herself.

Kakashi smiled and waited for the smoke to dissipate. He heard a small sound and saw Tenten who was trying to hide. However, Kakashi immediately realized that it was a bunshin, one of the three basic techniques.

'Not bad. She set a trap and she wants to lead me there.'

Kakashi looked carefully at the floor and noticed some small footprints. However, they ended near a tree.

Kakashi immediately looked above. As soon as he looked up, a kunai with another explosion tag came towards him. It was another trap.

Kakashi jumped away, and shuriken came towards his dodging destination.

'She is very good with traps,' Kakashi thought and deflected the shurikens with his kunai. But then pressured water came towards his back.

'Water Release: Water Bullet Technique.'

'That's a technique that Sasuke copied from our spar. He must have taught her. She was able to master it to such a good degree in such a short time. She is very good.'

Kakashi was in the air, and in order to dodge the bullet, he tossed a kunai connected with a wire towards a nearby tree and pulled himself out of the way.

At the same time, Tenten used his awkward position and moved with her full speed towards him. Her right hand was bright green, and her left had a kunai.

She jumped towards Kakashi and managed to hit him in the chest with her right hand. She immediately used her left hand to stab at his leg. However, Kakashi turned into a log!

"You are very good," Kakashi said and touched her shoulder from behind her.

"When did you create the replacement?" Tenten asked with curiosity. She already expected her loss and she wasn't upset.

"Your traps had many layers, but I am very good at seeing underneath the underneath," Kakashi said with a smile and continued, "You overcharged the mystical palm jutsu with too much chakra. You were planning to use its negative effects to make me temporarily numb and create an opening. 

Considering your lack of jutsu, it was a good idea to use mystical palm jutsu like that. However, don't try it in real combat because an opponent with good chakra control can almost instantly remove the numbness. 

Also, I noticed that you tried to stab my leg and not my weak points. As a new genin, it is understandable to have a little hesitation, but this is something that we will fix later together."

Tenten nodded and said, "Sensei, if you were an enemy, I would have attacked your heart, but towards my comrades, I don't want to take even the slightest risk."

Kakashi gave her a bright smile of acknowledgment.

"Do you have any other abilities that you didn't use in the fight?"

Tenten nodded and said, "I have basic fuinjutsu knowledge, and I can create the storage scroll and the explosion tag. I am also very proficient with the Bo staff, but it wasn't suitable for a stealth battle like this."

"You made the correct call. I am impressed," Kakashi said and continued, "I think that I have the perfect technique for your style. The technique is used by Suna ninjas to control their puppets. However, it can also be used to control weapons. It is very practical, and I also use it from time to time. Let me show you."

Kakashi then created chakra threads with his fingers, and Tenten watched him with excitement.

---

Naruto and Sasuke were next to each other with the two Kakashi clones.

As soon as Tenten left with Kakashi, Sasuke said, "Sensei, I want to lend 10 of Naruto's clones and teach him the basics of calligraphy and fuinjutsu."

Kakashi lifted an eyebrow with surprise.

"You want to teach me how to create explosions?" Naruto said with confusion. He had concluded that the reason Sasuke won against him was because of the explosions.

'Isn't he afraid of losing if he shares his main advantage with me?' Naruto thought.

"Why do you want to teach him?" Kakashi asked.

"Sensei, I wanted to check if the rumors about Uzumaki and fuinjutsu are true. I sent Naruto a storage scroll, and he was able to understand what it does just by looking at it. He has great talent, and it's his clan's legacy. It would be a huge waste if he doesn't master the art," Sasuke said.

'Sensei, it seems that Naruto has inherited yours and Kushina's talents. I should inform Jiraiya-sama about this. He would be interested,' Kakashi thought.

After Naruto heard that he is a kind of prodigy, he was instantly excited. The fact that he could also learn his clan's legacy made Sasuke's suggestion even more attractive. "Kakashi-sensei, I want to learn it."

Kakashi nodded and said, "Sasuke, you can start teaching him. When Naruto learns the basics, I will teach both of you how to create some useful scrolls. Fuinjutsu isn't my specialization but I can perform some useful techniques."

Naruto sent 10 of his clones to follow one of Sasuke's clones. They immediately left towards the Uchiha compound to begin the training that Sasuke had prepared.

Then, Kakashi's clones took Naruto and Sasuke to different corners for personalized training.

---

"Naruto, how is the training under the waterfall going?" Kakashi asked.

"I didn't have much progress. It is very difficult," Naruto said with a little frustration.

"Naruto, you went from cutting leaves to trying to cut a waterfall. You have skipped many steps," Kakashi said, taking a big rock from the ground and giving it to Naruto. "Naruto, use your clones and gather rocks. The right step for you right now is to cut this rock."

Naruto immediately thought that this makes much more sense compared to the waterfall, but he was a little reluctant.

"Naruto, I have read the training plan that Ebisu had prepared for you, and I have a theory."

Kakashi had his complete attention.

"Ebisu told you about the waterfall training immediately after he gave you the Gale Palm jutsu. This was completely opposite to his previous teachings in which he demanded perfection before going forward. I believe that Ebisu wanted you to fail. I believe that he wanted to teach you a lesson about the importance of patience and systematic training."

Naruto nodded and had tears in his eyes. Even after his death, Ebisu-sensei was still giving him lessons.

---

Kakashi looked at Sasuke and said, "I am sure that you have many questions. I will answer all that I can."

There was no need for pretenses between them. Kakashi already knew how capable his student was.

Sasuke smiled at Kakashi with satisfaction. He was pleased with him.

21