040 – Matchmaking
331 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been one month since Team 7 completed their first D-rank mission. Throughout the month, the team trained for three hours each morning and then undertook D-rank missions. Kakashi made sure to make each mission a challenge.

Sasuke remained silent and acted as he always did. However, Kakashi couldn't control his other two students anymore. Naruto was growling like a child, and Tenten began supporting him during the last week.

Kakashi finally decided that they were ready for their first C-rank mission.

Hiruzen faced Team 7 with a small smile and said, "Are you ready for your next mission?"

"Come on, old man. Please give us a real mission. We are ready," Naruto said with resignation.

"What do you think, Kakashi?" Hiruzen asked.

"I think my team is ready," Kakashi said confidently.

"YEEESS!" Naruto exclaimed with enthusiasm, and both Tenten and Sasuke smiled.

"Let's see what I have for you..."

After looking through some scrolls, he finally said, "Eiko Tanaka-san is a cloth merchant from Sunagakure. After selling most of her merchandise, she wants to return to her home. She needs a team to protect her. Eiko has used our services many times in the past without any problems. She is a trustworthy client. This is a C-rank mission with low risk."

Naruto's excitement diminished a little. He had expected something more thrilling from a C-rank mission. Nevertheless, he was still happy about the opportunity to travel outside the village and visit Sunagakure.

Hiruzen had a brief discussion with Kakashi about the mission's details and then called the client to arrange a meeting with the team. She was a tall middle-aged woman with exquisite clothing. She was extremely polite and set up a meeting for the next day at 8:00 at Konoha's West Gate to depart.

---

The quickest route to Sunagakure was through the Land of Rivers. With a normal pace, including breaks, it would take them approximately six days to reach their destination.

Sasuke created his twelve clones every morning while the rest of the team was still asleep. He sent them away to train in secret, taking all necessary precautions to hide his training from Naruto. He didn't want to accelerate Naruto's training any further. In the last month, with Kakashi's help, Naruto had made tremendous progress with his wind training and could already affect the waterfall.

The mission was uneventful, and nothing dangerous occurred. Throughout the mission, Naruto was extremely excited and couldn't stop talking. He and Tenten learned everything about Eiko, and she even promised to bring them new clothes when she returned to Konoha.

Naruto hadn't yet changed his clothes to resemble his father's style, but he had let his hair grow longer. In a few months, he would practically be a copy of Minato.

During the mission, a whole new world had opened up for Naruto, and he couldn't stop admiring and commenting on the rivers. When they finally reached their destination, Eiko looked at Naruto and thanked him. She said that she would request the same team for her next mission. Kakashi couldn't help but admire the resemblance between Naruto and his sensei.

As the team was on their way back to Konoha, Sasuke decided to proceed with his plan. The group had a small talk when Sasuke asked, "Naruto, do you want a girlfriend?"

Naruto looked at him strangely and said, "What kind of question is that? Why do you ask that out of nowhere?" From the tone of his voice and his body language, it was clear that Naruto felt a little awkward.

"I am just curious. After Sakura, you haven't shown interest in any girl," Sasuke said.

Naruto couldn't control his natural reaction anymore and started scratching his head. However, his eyes lit up for a moment, and he said with a smirk, "Do you plan to offer yourself to me?"

Sasuke looked at him with a serious expression, then came closer to him and said with a seductive tone, "Do you think you can handle me?"

"WHAT??? STAY AWAY!" Naruto shouted in panic, raising his hands to shield himself.

Sasuke, Tenten, and Kakashi, who watched his reaction, couldn't control themselves and burst into laughter.

"SASUKE, YOU BASTARD!"

After a few seconds when the laughter subsided, Sasuke asked again, "I am still waiting for your reply, Naruto. Do you want a girlfriend or not?"

Naruto looked at him with frustration and said, "Of course, I want a girlfriend, you bastard. Is this even a question?"

Tenten smiled and asked, "Naruto, what do you think about Hinata?"

"Hinata-chan?" Naruto asked, surprised and thoughtful.

"Isn't she cute?" Tenten asked once again.

Naruto turned a little red and wasn't too comfortable with this kind of discussion. However, he still nodded to Tenten.

"Do you want her to be your girlfriend?" She asked with a cunning expression.

"Me and Hinata-chan?" Naruto asked with complete confusion.

Tenten nodded.

Naruto turned extremely red with the idea. However, after some thought, he said, "But every time I tried to talk to her, she didn't reply back, and she didn't even look me in the eyes… She once said that she likes my clothes, though."

Kakashi, who was watching his students' matchmaking attempt with pride, suddenly facepalmed.

"Naruto, Hinata is a very shy girl, and it's difficult for her to talk to someone she likes," Tenten explained.

"SHE LIKES ME? NO WAY!" Naruto said with full confidence.

"Naruto, if she likes you, will you accept her as your girlfriend?" Sasuke asked.

Naruto looked offended by the question. "Do you think I'm an idiot? Of course, I will accept her!" he said, thinking about Hinata's cute face. However, he still couldn't believe that Hinata liked him.

Hearing his reply, both Sasuke and Tenten wore evil smiles on their faces.

---

After returning to Konoha, the team immediately reported to the Hokage. After that, Naruto headed straight to Ichiraku. After so many days without ramen, Naruto couldn't resist any longer.

It was late evening, and the shop was closing. However, they couldn't say no to their favorite customer. Ayame sent Teuchi away and told him that she would take care of Naruto.

However, after a few minutes, a new customer appeared.

"Kakashi-sensei, I knew that you would also miss ramen after so many days," Naruto said.

Kakashi looked at him with a strange smile and said, "Mito Ramen, my favorite."

After consuming five portions, Naruto was full and ready to pay and leave. However, he noticed that Kakashi-sensei had almost finished his portion and decided to wait for him.

Kakashi didn't say anything, but Naruto could feel that he was a little irritated. For some reason, Kakashi wanted to be alone. Naruto was very curious but he decided to respect his sensei and finally left.

---

The next day, Kakashi gave them a day off to relax. 

Naruto spent the entire day training. At 22:00, he finally returned to his house and had a bath. While he was still in his bath, somebody started knocking on his door. Naruto panicked a little and rushed to the door with a towel covering himself. Standing in front of the door was a familiar face.

"Sasuke, did something happen?" Naruto asked with a hint of worry. Sasuke had never visited his house before, and it was already late.

"Naruto, get ready fast. I have something urgent to show you," Sasuke said.

Naruto didn't ask any more questions. Sasuke had said it was urgent, and within a minute, he had already dressed in all his clothes.

"Follow me," Sasuke said and started running toward the Uchiha training ground.

"Sasuke, what's going on?" Naruto finally asked.

"Naruto, I'm a shadow clone. I want to show you something. Tenten and I have prepared a surprise for you. Follow me silently, and don't speak until I give you permission. This is extremely important. Do you understand?"

"A surprise?" Naruto was completely confused, but seeing Sasuke's serious expression, he nodded.

Naruto followed Sasuke, moving silently from tree to tree. Sasuke instructed Naruto to remain silent and not make any sound. When they reached their destination, Naruto was even more bewildered.

He immediately spotted Sasuke's main body, engaged in a passionate kiss with Tenten. Naruto turned completely red and uncomfortable. He wanted to ask the clone what was going on, but the clone silenced him with a gesture. Then, he pointed to a spot nearby, and Naruto followed the direction of the gesture. What he saw left him astounded.

It was Hinata-chan. Her cheeks were rosy, and she was trembling slightly.

'What is she doing here? Why is she looking at Sasuke and Tenten? She is so red, and she's not wearing her jacket!'

Naruto's gaze then moved down and stayed at her chest. His mouth hung open, and his body reacted immediately.

'Is this really Hinata-chan? But...'

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when Sasuke stopped kissing Tenten and turned towards Hinata.

"Hinata, both Tenten and I believe that you are ready."

Hinata didn't avert her gaze and didn't flinch. However, doubt still lingered in her voice. "Do you really think that Naruto-kun likes me?"

Tenten replied, "Hinata, I have told you many times already. Believe in yourself. You are a very beautiful and talented kunoichi."

"But Naruto-kun is handsome, strong, and brave... Do you think he would like someone like me?" She asked with hesitation.

Naruto, who was listening to the discussion, was completely lost. 'How is this possible? Hinata-chan feels that way towards me? Is this a prank?'

However, a pat on the back from Sasuke's clone interrupted his thoughts. The clone then whispered in his ear, "Naruto, it's time to prove that you are a man. Go now and kiss her."

Sasuke was completely serious. After his encouragement, Naruto couldn't control himself anymore and jumped from the tree directly next to Hinata.

Hinata was startled by the sound and immediately turned her head.

"NA…RU…TO-KUN?!" She suddenly felt an extreme dizziness.

'Did he hear everything that I said?' She wished for the earth to open up and hide her.

However, Naruto immediately stood in front of her and gently grabbed her small hands. He then looked into her eyes, and she couldn't look away.

"Hinata-chan, it's impossible for me not to like you," Naruto said and kissed her gently.

Hinata couldn't believe that this was happening. Her eyes opened wide as she stared at Naruto, who was kissing her.

'IS THIS REAL? NARUTO-KUN IS KISSING ME?'

After realizing what was happening, Hinata returned the kiss with too much passion. She almost devoured Naruto's mouth. She started using her tongue more and more, and both of them had expressions filled with satisfaction.

Sasuke, who was enjoying the success of his plan, immediately noticed that he had made a small miscalculation. Watching all this passion taking place in front of her, Tenten was throwing side glances at him with very high expectations.

'Her contribution to this plan shall be duly recognized.' 

Meanwhile, near the borders of the Uchiha compound, Neji was watching the scene with extreme jealousy. However, he was also a little pleased because he finally managed to categorize his cousin. She wasn't playful like Tenten and obedient like Sakura. She was intense and overzealous!

17