Chapter 2
119 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After he finished recording everyone's numbers, he took a warm shower to feel vigorous and vibrant. He opened the window of his room overlooking the main street in the heart of Alexandria. He began to look around the old buildings mixed with the modern buildings which were built using darem technology. These vast and overlapping streets made him feel like he was looking at a gigantic maze . In the 24th century, new city of Alexandria was one of the gigantic cities which had more than 30 million people spread over ten large blocks. The Emirs block where Ibrahim lived was considered a classy block. Even though the Emirs block was famous for its calmness and its few problems and noise, the area where Ibrahim lived contained a lot of shops and businesses so life was pulling out all day in the streets near him without interruption during night or day. Ibrahim kept watching the movement of people in the streets and their controversy over prices and their random moves and the movements of cars and plans in the busy street for nearly two hours. He knew that he wouldn’t find another chance to live in this city, whether he chose to escape now from the grip of the agents of the eight big countries or years later when everyone moved from reality to the game world . He usually didn’t care about anything as long as it didn’t touch his interests, but now he knew for sure that if he didn’t move to protect everyone against the conspiracy and schemes, then he won't find piece ever again and his safety would be threatened . saving everyone was equal to saving himself , as all he wanted was to survive. When his mind regained the painful memories about all what he had experienced in the five years after he entered the game, he believed more in his decision that he made yesterday. He had to fight for the freedom of every Egyptian players , he had to challenge himself and be a different man so that he could create a different future , much different than the dark future he experienced before . he closed his eyes and remembered a lot of past experiences , about the struggle he and other Egyptian players had experienced against sorlon invasion . it was a miserable life through which everyone was fighting fo their lives . whole five years of fighting and struggle didn’t yield any benefits as all the players of the eight great nations and seven follower nations were moving ahead in fast speed but their lives were still stagnated at the same point . fighting against players whose levels were much higher than yours wasn’t a fair fight . living under the rule of your enemies and losing your freedom weren’t a very nice memories but he needed to remember so he wouldn’t ever forget .
he checked his clock to find that it at 8:00 a.m., he used his phone to ask for a meal of hot falafel. After he had finished his breakfast, he started to revise his plan which he thought of yesterday . it wasn’t a complete plan but just a general layout of a plan without much details. The task of persuading the 11 to take part in the game under his flag was easy. It was a common thing in his time to had many studios for the virtual reality “ VR “ games. These studios made contracts with the players on a very attractive and appropriate financial basis. Because of the widespread of this pattern in the VR games, he decided to use that method to avoid the undesirable attention and to make it easier for him to convince those eleven. Within an hour with a specialized company He had created his own company for the VR Games. He made the studio headquarter to be in this apartment. As for its name, he had settled on the name of "Studio sphinx" as a sign of the role that this giant sculpture played in protecting the three great pyramids. then he sent a notice via e-mail to all 11 people to invite them to join his studio. The last obstacle he had right now is the last player : Aya Darwish .

When the VR Rioneed game was launched, all the the Great Eight nations players participated in it. Each country of the Great Eight “ G8 “ can choose only one country from their allies to support and give their players the opportunity to play in Rioneed. Although China is a great country of the G8, it did not choose any country to support, while Tasania chose Sorlon to support. Of course, Sorlon took advantage of this opportunity and invaded many Arabic countries including Egypt, especially in the absence of any Arab country in this list. This list was named by "The list of shame" and all the countries in it used to colonize all of the countries around them in the game except for one , which was China. So when everyone join Rioneed after five years, they were surprised by the invasion of the countries in the list of shame to their lands, and Egypt was not an exception. This conspiracy, which had been carefully planned, included the use of some of the players who had double nationalities and were living within the G8 to spy on their home countries in the game and to tell them about any person that might threaten their plans. Aya Darwish was one of those misfortunate players, since she is an Egyptian and a Tasanian citizen, she was forced like other miserable players like her to cooperate with them. What made her such an important person that despite her dangerous position she protected many of those Egyptian players who played the game by chance from the beginning . She also established a number of cities that represented a safe haven for Egyptian players when they entered the game five years later . Unfortunately, her struggle ended at the third year when one of the players betrayed her and reported her . although he had never met her but her name had been repeated like a myth in the game. If there was a list of regret for everyone in the Egyptian domain , the first of this list would be the incident of murdering Aya Darwish, and if there was a list of must do, in the beginning of this list was to save Aya Darwish .
What he knew from the future was that Aya Darwish was now in the modern city of Cairo. For anyone with two nationalities like her they can’t choose the country that they would play in the game , as the game would determine the country automatically for them when they first created their characters as the game selected the country where the players live when they entered the game for the first time. All the G8 knew this information so the presence of Aya Darwish in Egypt right now was logical. The problem was that she like other double nationality players were tightly monitored . he couldn’t try to meet her at the hotel where she was staying as that would be useless , as the hotel was also closely observed . If he wanted to meet her, he had to do it in an impromptu manner so no one could suspect him or even her. If he wanted to do that, he had to choose a place where it was natural for two people to be and talk to each other.
His mind revised all the information about Aya Darwish's past life which he knew from the future. Like other idols of the Egyptian players back then, every detail of her life became usual information in everyone's stories when they gather around the fire in the camps at the long cold nights. About her stay in Egypt in this week before the launch of the game, he remembered that she went out more than ten times, including three times Ibrahim could manage to talk to her safely . The first time was yesterday, and it was his best opportunity  which he already lost . It was a football match between Al—Ahly and Al—Zamalek football teams. she was a big fan for Al—Zamalek's team . It was an ideal opportunity because Ibrahim himself was a member in Al—Zamalek football club, so it was easy to meet her in the stadium. But this was in the past, and Ibrahim couldn’t do anything now but regretting not coming back in time a day earlier The second chance would be two days later when she would visit her mother's grave. The last chance was very risky as she would visit tonight a gathering for all Egyptian professional players in VR games . he was certain that Tasania’s people would be watching this gathering very closely. If he participated in it, it would be so easy for them to notice him an tag him. The second chance was much more risky . His presence around Aya’s mom grave would undoubtedly raise suspicions . After giving the matter few thoughts he settled on trying the third chance as his new studio that he just created today would be his ticket to participate normally in this gathering . The fact that Sphinx Studio was just a recent established studio  without any reputation may play a role in neglecting him . He looked at his clock to find it a little past 10 A.M. . He still had time so he entered the site of this gathering , which was called " League of Legends " named after a very famous historical online game centuries ago and booked a small booth to under the identity of his Sphinx Studio. He didn’t stop at just that but contacted an advertising company in modern Cairo city and selected a collection of ordinary studio's advertising flyres . he tried to make his studio looked like a normal game studio . If he took part in this event without a propaganda , he would attract undesirable suspicion . After he finished doing all of this , he booked a special aircar to transport him to the event place .The date for the gathering is 5 p.m., so he had at least 4 hours before the aircar’s arrival .
Suddenly a number of alerts came from his phone so he quickly opened them . These alerts were a notice about the reply of the 11 players telling him their decisions via e-mails . As he expected , they warmly welcomed his offer and agreed to represent Sphinx Studio in Rioneed . they were also waiting for him to decide the date and place to sign the contract. The contract problem was very easy to solve . The electronic network has multiple models of game studios contracts for decades , so he could use one of them . He didn't care to read the content of these contracts and chose contract randomly and then signed it and sent it to everyone. He remembered that two of the eleven lived in the city  of Modern Cairo , so he e-mailed them with the details of the event and asked them to be there in time . There was no problem for him in meeting the two of them before the start of the game . he decided to invite them as they may help him to get rid of the eyes that are stealthy spying on him .
After completing all these tasks , he finally found a space to breath and started to think about the next steps he would take in the game. The game was based on a pattern similar to the reality in the old history of the world. For the scenario of the game in Egypt, it depended on the existence of multiple battles that take advantage of the weakness of the Pharaoh's power over the throne of Egypt . The start of the game as Ibrahim remembered was just before the fall of the six dynasty at the time which was just before the oldest revolution in history on mankind . The information in the game forums speaking about the game events and scenarios before everyone joined the game stated that the general pattern of the game was the age of cold weapons . during this age every country began its journey in a scenario similar to Egypt's scenario. This put recent countries like tasania and sorlon in a very difficult situation. These countries had a history that only existed for only 600 years. The features of these countries scenarios were innovative scenarios . Tasania was fighting against dark wizards plaque and sorlon was fighting vampires . Perhaps this was one of the factors that made tasania chose to ally with sorlon as the latter were situated at the heart of many old civilizations that Tasania would invade later in the game and use their advantages in the game for themselves . in Rioneed game after many years Tasania had taken control of Mexico and the countries surrounding the Panama Straits, and its fingers had spread to Africa to take over the whole south of the continent. sorlon had taken over the entire Arab countries as well as Turkey. The rest of Africa was split between Britania , Almon and France .

Rioneed game supported multiple modes of play within it, so the player could choose the adventure path and move alone or with his alliance in the giant map that was a thousand times bigger than the size of Earth . Given the huge size of the map , the time in the game was around five times compared to Earth's time , which mean that five years on Earth were equal to twenty-five years in the game . The other mode of the game was the lifestyle mode which was similar to normal jobs in the real life . Perhaps the most famous lifestyle players were blacksmiths . alchemists were also very important lifestyle jobs . The last mode of the game was the mode of feudal lords , which allowed players to build cities and kingdoms inside the game. If he wanted to achieve a difference in the game he had to use the first mode . His previous experience is rich in this field but the major problem was that in order to exploit this mode he had to establish an alliance and to benefit from this alliance he must make a large number of players join this alliance . The problem was how would he obtain all these players ?  the players at the Egyptian domain at the early steps of Rioneed were so few so he couldn’t use this mode at all .  If he wanted to change this brutal reality he must break the limiting rules of players joining the game so he could exploit this alliances mode for his own benefit . To achieve this step it was impossible for him right now . There were three solutions to break these limiting rules , the first solution was to wait for a five-year period . if he chose to wait he would lose everything by then . the second solution  was for a country to control five different cities from five different domains of Rioneed . This rule was spread like a fire in the fringe when all countries entered the game after five years. At that time everyone believed in their capabilities to achieve this solution if they knew it before . No one doubted the difficulty of that task and they thought they could do it so easily , but now after five years of experience , he was sure that it was almost impossible . If he wanted his small team to do this, he would need 50 years, not five !

There was another problem of the second solution  , and that he needed to speed up achieving this solution  as soon as possible. As the historians said that Solron invaded Egypt in the fourth year of the game . That meant he had to do that job before the fourth year by one year or two at least so the players had a chance to develop and raise their levels in order to deal with the Solronian invasion. He must invade these cities in just two years or three , but how would he do it with his little crew ? The last solution was to buy huge number of capsules that were enough to supply one tenth of the Egyptians, and then the game allowed this country to get the capsules free of charge . This made this solution not practical at all. From where would he get all this huge wealth ?

In brief : it was impossible for him to achieve this step right now .
Then that leaved him with the last mode , which became his life saving straw .  he must play as a feudal lord and establish a kingdom as soon as possible. He had to use NPCs as many as possible . The most important problem right now was how would he create a powerful kingdom capable of invading five countries in just three years ? if he managed to do so he would bypass many obstacles and give Egypt a chance to fight for its freedom . he couldn’t use NPCs in his kingdom to defend the domain as their numbers were too few for such a job .

 

 

 

1