Chapter 5: Sight, But No Vision
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The air was warm, so much so that it caused Inko to sweat as she waited in a small yet comfortable room. Miles away from Tsukuyomi’s shrine, deep in the heart of Shinkyo, was a special clinic. In this room, Inko stared at a special Byobu style piece of art. A folding screen mounted on the bamboo paneled wall. The screen showed a grand tiger staring out at the raging waves of the ocean. As it stared out, a blue dragon stared back from the gray storm clouds above. Two symbols of power gazing into the eyes of one another, the sea crashing into the cliffs of Japan, the clouds thundering with a mighty roar and lightning. Inko watched it with great focus, holding her hands together anxiously. Just then, a fox ran through the door and scurried over onto the nearby bench. Inko turned around and saw the fox, staring into its eyes. It was Masaomi, the male fox playing with Akiba just a few short hours ago, his amber pelt shining in the moonlight.

         “Mrs. Midoriya,” He said in a formal manner. “Have there been any updates on Izuku’s recovery?” 

         “Oh! No… Sukuna is still in there…” Inko said quietly. The fox tilted his head. 

         “He's the kami of medicine, he won’t fail,” he said. “The Young Master sent me to be his eyes while he tries to calm down everyone in the city.”

Inko walked over and sat down next to the three-tailed fox, and the small fluffy mammal laid down on the bench. Inko, without thinking, started petting the fox, and Masaomi’s ears perked upward. Her face turned to a grin and she closed her blue eyes, her tails wagging in delight. 

         “Heyyyyy, heheheheheheheheheheeeee.” Masaomi laughed. 

         “Oh, am I bothering you?” Inko asked kindly. 

         “No not at all!!! Haaaaahehhehehehheheh!!” 

Inko noticed that Masaomi turned on his side and started kicking one of his back legs. His little cackle was also one that made Inko feel more comfortable in the situation. The high pitched laugh felt like a child was in a small furry form, and with every breath, Inko felt a comfort fill her body, the soft fur of Masaomi’s pelt making her feel better. In the next room, the kami Sukunakihona was treating Izuku as fast as possible, and every moment had her heart pounding. She clenched her hands together, tightly gripping Masaomi’s back. 

          “Hey! The Young Master just brushed me this morning!” 

          “Oh! Sorry!” Inko cried. 

She let go of the fox and placed her hands on her knees, yet as the minutes passed she couldn’t help but anxiously tap her foot on the floor. The room became still once more, the air thick and humid as the two remained quiet. Yet, they weren’t truly alone, they had each other at least. 

           “You know, I didn’t really get to know him much, but he seems like a nice guy,” Masaomi said as he looked upward at Inko, who would look at him with a little gasp. “Sure I was outside with Akiba but Izuku looked uh… innocent!”

           “What do you mean by that?” Inko asked. 

           “Well…” Masaomi said as he curled up once more. He tucked his black paws under his belly and leaned his head on Inko’s leg. “When I was playing with Akiba I took a quick break, and kinda poked my head in on your talk. I haven’t been to the Human World yet, but I know determination and confidence when I see it!”

Inko gasped for a moment. 

           “I don’t know what’s up with these Quirks and Heroes and all that stuff, but maybe once my birthday comes next year I can go down to the Human World and see for myself. But I do know that Izuku is passionate, I know I am!!”

           “Um, that’s really kind.” Inko said awkwardly. 

           “Yeah that uh… wasn’t the best was it?” Masaomi asked. Inko shook her head, and Masaomi chirped in embarrassment. 

           “How old are you again?”

           “Ninety-nine.” Masaomi said. 

           “HUH?!!!” Inko cried. 

           “What? Time works differently for kitsune you know!! In kitsune terms 99 is the same as being in a human’s early teens!”

Inko stopped for a moment and scratched the kitsune on the back, causing him to laugh once more. 

           “Oh so that’s why you’re so friendly around Akiba right?!” She cried as she tickled the fox.

           “Yes yes HAHAHHAH!!!! Okay!! Yeah Akiba’s special!! He’s my best friend!!” 

Eventually, she stopped tickling the small fox and let out a sigh. He dread and fear were finally put at ease, and she looked out the window at Shinkyo, the moon shining beautifully, blanketing her in warmth. 

           “Well you’re right, Izuku’s always had a dream…” She said, Masaomi perked his ears up. “Many years ago, a baby was born, and as the doctors uh… finished the procedure, he was suddenly glowing like he was the sun. Then, as time passed, more and more children around the world started developing these strange powers. Some people could make fire from their hands, or… cause explosions by shooting them from their mouth. Others had their bodies changed, they looked less human than others.”

Masaomi perked his snout with curiosity. 

           “What do you mean by that?” He asked. 

           “Well, some people may look a little different. Maybe… they might look more like a fox! They might grow a tail or whiskers.”

           “What’s so bad about that?” Masaomi asked as he wagged his large bushy tail. “I’m a-”

           “You’re a kitsune, I know.” Inko laughed. “But, that was just an example. Otherwise, yeah that’s what Quirks are. They just started showing up, more and more, and soon the whole world was experiencing these ‘Quirks,” she continued. “Everyone had them… well… almost everyone.”

Inko looked down with a sorrowed sigh, and Masaomi looked at her with a worried face. He twitched his nose as Inko gazed at the floor, the glimmer in her eyes replaced with a subtle darkness, a darkness that was starting to swallow her like it did for so many years. Masaomi looked at her again, and he too felt something… hollow. He closed his eyes, and scurried onto the wall. Inko felt her energy restored, and as she looked up, she saw Masaomi walking on the wall towards the ceiling. He rounded his way behind her, and without warning he hopped onto her shoulders. 

           “H-Hey! What are you doing?!” She cried. 

           “Just trying to help!” Masaomi replied cheerfully. “I’ve seen that look in people’s eyes before. It’s only been a week, sure, but you can trust me!”

Inko tried to look up as the kitsune laid his snout right on top of her head, but Inko could also feel the soft fur caressing her scalp. She reached up, and she felt one of Masaomi’s paws press against her palm. 

           “If there’s something on your mind, if you ever want someone to talk to, I’ll be there.” Masaomi said gently. “Yeah yeah it’s only been a week since I met you but, I wanna prove I can be helpful in some way. Trust me.”

Inko closed her eyes, and she could feel tears welling up inside. She looked forward and out the window, clenching her hands on her clothes. She let out a deep sigh, feeling the release of her doubts, and when she opened her eyes, she felt… stronger. 

           “In the Human World, well, mostly everyone has some kind of Quirk. I have one too,” Inko said with a quiet voice. “But Izuku… doesn't. Roughly 80% of the global population has a Quirk, well according to the world governments. There’s… billions of people all over the globe, but Izuku was one of the few who doesn’t have one. He’s just an ordinary boy.”

As Masaomi laid himself on Inko’s head, he could feel her sorrow, her quiet sadness as she tried to hold it all in. 

           “Ever since the kids his age developed their Quirks, Izuku tried to follow in their footsteps.” Innko muttered, her tears starting to leak out. “He tried breathing fire like his father, he tried to attract objects to him like me, but no matter how hard he tried, he never gained a Quirk.”

Masaomi remained silent, his ears peaked with full attention. 

           “All these years he was bullied for being different, for not having a Quirk like everyone else. Especially by a boy named Bakugo… he was relentless.” Inko continued. “And now here we are, Inari comes home with him one night and some spirit attacks us and nearly kills him! But now… now Izuku has this gift, this power that he would’ve never had if not for Inari. I’m really thankful to him for giving Izuku a chance but…”

Masaomi shook his head.

           “You’re scared aren’t you?” He asked quietly. 

           “Of course I am!” Inko cried with tears falling from her face. “This is all just happening so fast! First he almost dies protecting me and now he has a scar on his chest, now some kami comes in, attacks all of us, and gives him a seizure?!!” 

           “Mrs. Midoriya!” Masaomi cried. 

But it was too late, Inko covered her face with her hands, her cries of sadness echoing in this waiting room. 

           “Hey, hey now!” Masaomi yelped as he jumped into the air. He landed on the floor and sat down in front of Inko, who sobbed and wheezed in her seat. Masaomi wagged his tail and looked at her, feeling her pain, and he rubbed his body against her legs, trying to cheer her up. 

           “Izuku’s strong, trust me!” He said. “If the Young Master was willing to Bless him then that means he put his absolute faith in him!”

           “Sure he gave Izuku a power, but he’s only 14, and he doesn’t know how to fight!” Inko argued. “And Inari just expects him to fight?!”

           “Mrs. Midoriya please.” Masaomi pleaded. “If not for the Young Master, I’m not even sure Izuku would be here right now.”

Inko slowly took her hands away from her face, and she stared at the amber fox, who sat in front of the woman with a proud stature. He puffed his white furry chest, he straightened his back, and he grit his teeth under his snout. 

           “The Young Master never goes back on his word. He keeps every promise he makes, he’s been doing it for centuries.” Masaomi said proudly. “Every deal ever struck, every hand shaken, every bow he made to a human or spirit, Inari is a man of his word.”

He shook his head. 

           “I owe him everything. He saved my life when I pissed off a tanuki from Sado Island. And ever since that day I’ve wanted to show him how thankful I am, whether it’s just playing with Akiba or even if it means giving him a message that could change the world, I want to be there.”

Inko stared at the fox… as he started crying along with her. She felt shock in her heart as Masaomi struggled to stop shaking, yet there he was standing before her. 

           “He’s never let me down, sure he may not call me often like all my other brothers or sisters, but he’s always been there to teach us to be better, or help us realize who we can be. So if he can do that for us, he sure as Yomi can do that for Izuku!”

Inko gasped, yet after a moment of silence between the two, Inko wiped her tears. 

           “Izuku’s strong, he’s with Sukuna after all, he’ll definitely come back strong.” Masaomi added. 

Inko pat the fox on the head. 

           “Huh?” Masaomi gasped. 

And Inko? She smiled warmly at the fox and played with his ears. 

           “Thank you…” She muttered. “I’ll try to be open minded. I want him to be safe, but I also want him to be happy. So what’s next?”

           “After Lord Sukuna’s done with him? I don’t know, but after that attack Mayu told me about, and the fact that Susanoo caused it?” Masaomi asked. 

There’s no doubt that this is going to cause a lot of panic, the Council might even ask us to hunt Susanoo down and bring him in before he can do anymore damage.”

Just then, a door creaked open, and Inko and Masaomi looked in the direction of the sound. Inko looked around the room, there was a vase with a small bamboo plant, a window showing a beautiful view of Shinkyo, the pagodas stretching into the sky as far as the eye could see. Sashes and banners flying through the air, some with eyes and mouths. Orbs of fire dancing in the night sky, there was blue fire, green fire, even white flames as they danced the night away. The moon hanged low in a full sphere, the white star shining blue rays onto the city, and Inko still couldn’t make heads or tails of the situation. 

           “Inko Midoriya?” A low voice asked. 

Out stepped a man wearing a white surgeon’s garb. The man in question was quite short, no taller than four feet in terms of height. Strangely, unlike the people Inko had met so far, the doctor was wearing many modern attires, including a face mask over his nose and mouth, surgeon’s gloves, a bright scrub cap, and professional shoes. As he stepped out into the room, he removed his facial mask and scrub cap, revealing to have a mustache that was thin and black. His hair was also black, tied into two small buns on the back of his head. His eyes were entirely white, and as he walked, he walked with a noticeable strut. 

           “Lord Sukuna!” Inko gasped, she suddenly bowed. “How is he? Is Izuku going to be okay?!”

           “Yeah, how’s he doing?” Masaomi asked. 

Sukuna simply raised a hand, and Inko and Masaomi shut their mouths. 

            “Izuku Midoriya is recovering at an adequate pace,” Sukuna said as he clapped his hands together. “His brain is still recovering from the seizure, his body is incredibly sore and after some tests, it would appear his visual and auditory receptors are… how should I put it?”

Sukuna pinched the left side of his mustache and pulled on it slowly. 

             “They’re on the fritz.” He said. 

Inko felt a cold stream hit her in the face, and she went silent. She took several breaths, and Masaomi rubbed against her leg again, reminding her that he was there. 

             “Is the damage permanent?” Inko asked in a trembling voice. 

And much to her surprise, Sukuna gently grabbed her hand, and smiled with pearly white teeth. His eyes spoke of comfort and pride, and Inko was left confused. 

             “My dear, no disease or injury is ever permanent on my watch.” He spoke. 

Sukuna turned around and headed for the patient room. 

             “You there, you’re one of Inari’s foxes right? Call him.” 

             “Wha- yeah, why? He could be meeting with the Council right now for all I know.” Masaomi cried. 

             “If you want Izuku Midoriya back to full health, then I recommend you call your master.” Sukuna said in a punctual tone. 

             “But-” Masaomi argued. Before he could continue, Inko knelt down and pet him on his furry back. 

             “Please, if what he’s saying is true then we need Inari here, right now!”

Masaomi gasped, yet he lowered his head with a sigh. He looked up again with his eyes, and closed them after taking a deep breath. As he did this, Inko heard a muffling sound coming from the next room, it sounded like someone was being moved. She heard a sudden outburst. 

             “Come on now, just work with me here kid!” Sukuna shouted. 

Inko looked back and leaned over. She could hear Sukuna back there continuing to rummage around with some kind of device, and her curiosity only grew. 

             “Do you need help?” She asked. 

             “Oh no! I’m quite fine!”

CLAAAAAAAASSSSSH

Suddenly, something synthetic and metal fell onto the ground. It was so loud that it sounded like an entire table was tipped over. 

              “Your son’s a lot heavier than he looks! What are you giving this boy?!” 

              “HUUUUUUH?!” Inko shouted. “I’ve been feeding him fine, he eats plenty of vegetables!!”

              “Tell that to Ukemochi then!” 

WOOOOSH

Suddenly, a gust of wind entered the room causing Inko to gasp, and she soon turned around to face… Inari. His golden eyes widened in slight surprise as he remained unmoving, his white hair blowing in this sudden wind, and his white haori flapping over his blue kimono. 

              “Masaomi,” He said in a deep and focused voice, one with a modicum of irritation. “What is it? Is Izuku alright?”

              “Lord Sukuna told me to summon you Young Master, he’s in the room right there.” Masaomi said as he quickly looked at the room. 

And as they were speaking, Sukuna appeared, and in front of him… was Izuku in a wheelchair. 

              “Izuku!” Inko and Inari cried. 

Yet the boy’s head was leaned back, his skin turned a sickly pale. His dark green hair was matted after spending so many hours in bed, his eyes were dazed, looking all over the place. First they stared at the ceiling, then they drooped down to the floor, then straight ahead, then out the window. His arms were hanging off the armrests of the wheelchair, and his feet were barely sitting on the footrests. He was wearing a traditional lime green hospital gown, and Inko covered her mouth in shock. 

              “Oh my-” Inari said as he approached Izuku. He knelt down and grabbed his hand, his skin was ice cold. “What do you need?” He asked Sukuna urgently. 

              “Oh what perfect timing,” Sukuna replied. “I just need you to join him if you catch my drift.”

Inari looked at the short kami for a moment, his eyebrows raised in confusion. Then, much to Inko and Masaomi’s surprise, he started smiling. 

              “Oh… you mean that. ” Inari giggled. “Well it’s been a while since I’ve had one, it should be very nice!”

              "Excellent, with you by his side he should be fully healed in no time.” Sukuna replied with a smirk. 

Without warning, Inari stood up, his geta sandals clacking once more against the floor, and he took Izuku’s wheelchair. 

              “Where is it?” He asked. 

              “Head down the hall and take the elevator down two floors. Ask Shinji for the private suite.” Sukuna said. 

He approached Inari and handed him a special seal, a set of kanji with his name written on it, and Inari took the seal with a smile. 

              “Hold on, where are you going with him?” Inko asked with a worried voice. 

As Inari took Izuku and pushed his wheelchair down the hall, the kami looked back over his shoulder and smiled. 

              “We’re off to take a bath!” He cried. 

Inko stood there, and suddenly…”

              “WAIT WHAT?!!!” She and Masaomi cried. “HOW’S A BATH SUPPOSED TO HELP?!”

Sukuna cleared his throat, and Inko noticed that he signaled them to follow. Together, the group moved down the ambient hallway, one with a sweet and fresh aroma. The floors were clean, bright, and open, several staff members moved swiftly ensuring health to all. 

              “Lord Sukuna! My patient’s fever is starting to subside!” One staff member said, his body was that of a snake. 

              “Excellent, give him some tea, and if he wants, treat him to a bath.”

              “Of course, thank you sir!”

Inko looked back as the large, human sized snake, slithered down the hall into another room. The snake slid the door behind him shut, and she quickly returned to the rest of the group. As they reached the elevator, the room opened up from a small hallway, and into…

              “Wait, you’re telling me this place is also a bathhouse?” Inko cried. 

There it was, a grand bathhouse several stories tall. The group found themselves on the seventh floor, with grand halls of paintings and trinkets. Several hundred people were making their way through the building, men, women, children, all of whom were either human in appearance, or had several interesting features. One spirit was a man who only had one leg, but it was facing the other direction. Another spirit was a talking frog who was accompanied by her husband and son, all of them wearing different colored yukatas. 

              “This way Mrs. Midoriya.” Sukuna said. “We mustn't delay your son’s recovery.”

              “Ah! Right!” Inko said as she looked back at the grand bathhouse once more. 

As she stepped in, she noticed a tall weasel was working the contraption. He was wearing a pair of glasses and a professional hotel lobby suit from the modern day. 

              “Where to Lord Sukuna?” He asked. 

              “Fifth floor, we need one of the medical suites, private.” Sukuna replied. 

              “Yes my Lord.”

The weasel smiled and cranked a lever inside the elevator, and the cage shut in front of the group. The elevator slid down two floors, and the cage opened swiftly. 

              “Thank you.” Sukuna said. 

              “Of course my lord!” The weasel replied happily. 

Sukuna led the group outside, with Inari pushing Izuku in his wheelchair once more. The boy could barely see anything. Despite the dazzling chandelier in the center of the building, the bright colors and patterns of the large wall-sized paintings, the beautiful golden walls, they were all burred in the boy’s eyes. As spirits and people passed, he could barely hear anything, like static and buzzing passing through his ears. 

BZZZZT

              “Oh my- it’s lord Inari!!” A spirit cried. 

Suddenly, several spirits spun their heads, some human, some animals, others were giant creatures. 

              “Inari?!” They all cried. 

One of the women suddenly approached the group, a short woman, the same height as the pale boy. 

              “Is it really you?!” She cried. “Oh please bathe with me! I’ve heard so much! I wanna know what it feels like!”

              “HUUUUUUHH??!!!!!!!!” Inko and Masaomi cried. 

              “Young Master?!!! Y-You don’t uhhhh… y-you… k-know..”

              “I don’t do such things!” Inari cried, his face blushed so much that it turned as red as an apple. 

              “Me too my lord!” A teenage boy cried as he ran up. “I heard a bath with a kami makes everyone feel much better! It’s like having the best kusamochi ever!!”

More and more other spirits started approaching. 

              “Oh is that true?! Join us and have some sake Lord Inari!!” A Kappa spirit cried. 

              “HEY!!!” Sukuna screamed. “WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT DRINKING IN MY BATHHOUSE?!!” 

Inari continued to blush, and that’s when he grew a nervous smile.

              “Whoops! That’s my queue!!” Inari cried. 

Inari lifted his arm, one of his wide sleeves falling towards him, revealing his pale arm. 

SNAP

He snapped his fingers, and out of nowhere…

RUMBLE

              “What was that?” Inko cried. 

              “Inari…” Sukuna grumbled. 

              “Oh don’t worry about it! Just making my escape!!” Inari cried. 

And then… the entire hallway shrieked as an army of foxes and kitsune scurried into the building. Several women gasped and suddenly giggled as their hakamatas were blown with the wind, the foxes ran through the halls, some in the air itself, many on the floor, others on the walls. Soon after, they all appeared at the feet of the group, their bushy tails wagging back and forth excitedly. And to the shock of everyone, these foxes… were all cubs and puppies. 

              “Young Master!!!!” They all cried. 

              “Hey kids!!” Inari cried. “I need to make a quick escape, take me to this room okay?”

SNAP

Inari snapped his fingers once more, and all of the fox cubs’ eyes glowed, each with their own colors. 

               “Oh hey Michiru!!” Masaomi cried happily. 

               “Big Brother Masa!!” one of the fox cubs chirped. “I get to take you somewhere today!”

Suddenly all the foxes ran up to the group, Inko gasped as several cubs suddenly ran in a circle, a large circle enveloping the whole group, and the lights vanished from their eyes. 

               “What the?! Inari what’re they doing?!” Inko yelped. 

               “Don’t worry they're just bringing us to the room!” Inari said happily. 

               “Wait how do they even know where they’re going?” Sukuna asked. 

Suddenly, the light returned, and the foxes all scattered, revealing a small inn. The group remained still as all the fox cubs all regrouped and circled around everyone, their eyes as big as marbles. 

               “Hey, this is the medical bath!” Sukuna cried. “Well then, I’ll let this slip for now, better get in with Izuku Lord Inari!” 

               “Yep, just give me a second.” Inari replied. He knelt down, putting his knee on the floor, and suddenly the cubs crept towards him. 

               “Hey guys, thanks for getting me out of that, forgot how rare it is for kami to be in public bathhouses.”

One of the cubs stepped forward, all the other foxes making way for the puppy. She had large and innocent green eyes, and when she sat down, she struck all that viewed her. 

               “Aw…” Inko muttered. “She’s adorable…”

               “They all are, they’re my family of course.” Inari said with a warm smile as he looked at his foxes. “Thanks for getting me out of there guys, here, have some tarts on me!”

               “REALLY?!” They all cried. 

               “Now hold on!!”

Everyone turned as Sukuna marched his way towards the pack, his arms crossed as he came to a stop in front of the cubs. 

               “Maybe you haven’t heard of my rules but… NO SNACKING IN THE BATHROOMS!! It leaves crumbs everywhere and it’s a pain to clean up! Not to mention that this room is part of the Medical Wing!” 

The foxes started tearing up, and they looked at the floor, yet as Sukuna gazed upon them, he felt something change. His chest felt warm, and some strange feeling filled him up on the inside, the eyes of the fox cubs… winning him over. 

               “Oh… fine.” He relented. “They can have one tart but that’s it!”

               “THANK YOU!!” All the foxes cried. 

As they gathered around Inari, the kami pulled out a shred of powder, pinching it in his fingers. 

               “Alright guys, time for you to head home okay? You’ll get your treat there in the woods!”

               “Awwwwww! Fine…!” they all cried. 

               “Are they really all your family?” Inko asked as Inari stood up, as the kami turned around, he saw that Inko was cuddling a small fox in her arms. 

               “Yep, descendants, grandkids, pretty much all that.”

Suddenly, he took the power in his fingers and threw it all in the air. The powder hovered and froze, and all the foxes immediately chirped and hoorayed into the air, scurrying on the wind itself. 

               “YYAAAAYYY!!!” 

And suddenly, a gust of wind hit everyone in the face, and the foxes vanished without a trace. Not a single hair, whisker, or paw print was left, and Sukuna ran up to the area. 

               “How in the?!” he cried. “Damn… never mind that! Lord Inari, we have delayed long enough! Izuku needs your help, now get stripped and get in the bath!!”

               “Right, right you are!” Inari cried. “Okay Izuku, time for us to get in some water, you’ll feel as good as new when we’re done.”

               “He can’t hear you.”

               “Right, he can’t hear me.”

Inari loosened the collar on his kimono, and pushed Izuku’s wheelchair into the changing room. Before he closed the doors however, he looked back at Inko, who stared at him as she took a seat with Sukuna. 

               “Well, despite the tomfoolery we were all just subject to, I’ll say this Mrs. Midoriya.” Inari stated. 

“I will help him, count on that.”

Inko looked at him one last time, and nodded. She realized now with a quick exhale that he was telling the truth. His golden eyes spoke to her like a whisper, they spoke the truth. She looked at him with a strong heart, clenching her legs.

              “Just do what you have to.” She said. 

Inari nodded as well, and slid the door to the changing room shut. He wheeled Izuku towards the entrance to their bath, and as he turned away, he looked in the mirror. He removed his haori and neatly folded it, pacing it in a basket. He opened a nearby drawer and brought fresh clothes for Izuku, hospital gowns can’t be the only thing he can wear. Soon after, he looked in the mirror once more. 

              That’s right… I never told them what happened in the city. He thought. 

Inari grabbed his blue kimono, and loosed the collar. Shortly after, he took it off completely, leaving his chest and torso bare. 

              I can’t believe Susanoo would use the Rend Technique on Izuku like that… this is far worse than I thought. 

He looked in the mirror with a plain and average face, but it turned to one of slight anger. His frown became defined, and he tightened his eyebrows. He looked downward at his chest, the kanji tattooed on him after signing his Contract with Izuku, and he touched one of them with his right hand. He felt his heartbeat with every breath, and the cold touch of his fingers on his chest and nipple. Despite his kind and almost weak appearance, Inari had a slightly toned body. He had defined pecs, visible muscles on his arms, and slightly defined abs. Yet he remained quiet and sound, never raising a hand. His mind lingered however, and he thought once more. 

              I may not want to admit it, but this has definitely caused an uproar…

Inari reached towards his waist… and took off his pants. He neatly folded them and placed them in the same basket as his kimono. When he was finished he looked in the mirror once more, his naked body showing a gray pale tone. He looked down at his private parts, and scratched the back of his head. 

             Well, I’d feel pretty embarrassed if Mayu or Kyoka saw me like this. Inari thought as he looked up at the mirror again. Speaking of which I need to signal her that it’s safe to return to the city. Hopefully Akiba and Tenko are okay… and Satoshi too…

He looked at himself once more, and turned around heading for Izuku’s wheelchair. However, when he blinked, his eyes glowed a bright gold, a light shining so strong that he saw the glow painting the very wall itself, the painting of an Inari shrine reflecting with glowing eyes of several foxes. 

             Mayu, it’s safe to bring everyone back to the city, come to Sukuna’s bathhouse. And if you can, bring Tsukuyomi and Satoshi.

The glowing vanished and one of the foxes in the painting suddenly blinked. It stood upward and bowed its head, and it turned around leaving for the forest in the painting. The fox had seven tails, a black pelt, and when it looked back one last time, Inari nodded silently. Then, it flew into the woods, leaving no trace. Inari wasted no time, and approached Izuku’s wheelchair, the boy’s eyes wavering aimlessly. 

Inari was cautious, and he kneeled slowly. 

              “Hey Izuku,” He said quietly, his cheeks beginning to blush heavily. “This is a little embarrassing for both of us but I need you to work with me here.”

As stood in front of the boy, he sat Izuku up in his wheelchair. Inari loosened the hospital gown, and removed the top half, revealing Izuku’s bare chest and torso. The Contract remained intact, yet Inari couldn’t help but notice Izuku’s physique. He was so thin, no muscle, no strength. He was incredibly skinny, his muscles as thin as a pencil. 

              When we finally start your training the first thing we’re doing is bulking you up! Inari thought. 

Inari folded the gown, and he grabbed some fresh clothes for Izuku, as well as several towels. Holding them in the small carrier underneath the chair, Inari opened the door and walked Izuku into the onsen itself. 

There it was, a grand bath steaming with hot water for the both of them. There was a small waterfall pouring steaming water into the tub, and in front of them was a large window, gazing out into the beautiful view. Beyond the window were no buildings, no peepers, no lights, only a hilltop with a beautiful cherry blossom tree at its peak, and a soft spring wind blowing the tall grass. Inari walked swiftly through the room, feeling the chill hit his naked body, and he closed the window. Then, he made his way back to Izuku, setting the basket far from the pool and away from the water. He returned to Izuku, who continued to stare in a daze around the area. 

Yet, Inari felt sorry for him, he looked at the poor boy, who laid crippled in the wheel chair, helpless in this world. His eyes tracked around the room once more, Inari even snapped his fingers. 

SNAP

Yet the boy didn’t respond. 

               This is worse than I thought…

Inari approached the boy, and grabbed his right arm. He pulled Izuku out of the wheelchair, and the green haired boy fell forward, leaning on the kami. Inari blushed immensely as he felt Izuku’s cold chest touch his own, and Izuku suddenly… groaned. 

               “Hey it’s okay… uhm…” Inari said, his face was as red as an apple. “Okay, I have to do this okay? I’m uh…”

He could barely finish his sentence, but he took a major gulp. 

               “Come on, it’s time for our bath…”

He reached down and grabbed Izuku’s trousers. With another gulp, he pulled them down and raised Izuku’s feet one at a time. He threw the trousers into the basket across the room, and as he blushed from this strange situation, he managed to wrap Izuku’s arm over his own shoulder. Inari took his left arm and grabbed Izuku’s side, and held him upward. 

               Yeah… that’s it Izuku. He thought as he carried Izuku into the bath.

               “Oooooh!!!” Inari yelped as he stepped into the bath. 

The quick burning sensation of the water hit his feet like the Nue that attacked just hours earlier. As Inari took another step, the warm water quickly ran up his legs, then his butt and his privates as he sat down with Izuku by his side. He finally sat down in the warm waters, the liquid splashing all over his chest, and Izuku, who was barely awake or aware of his surroundings, simply fell into the water. His head was kept out, and he leaned back against the wall of the tub. 

Inari took several deep breaths from the humidity, and as he sat there… he felt a tingling sensation. He looked down at his chest, and he gasped… for his Contract glowed a warm light, and the kanji on Izuku’s chest did the same. 

               “That’s it…” Inari muttered. “At this rate you should be back to 100% in no time buddy.”

The moon laid low, and Inari looked out the window at the cherry blossom, and with a single gust of wind, he watched several pink pedals fly into the wind. 

               “Uhhhh….” Izuku groaned. 

               “Just sit tight, let the water help.” Inari said. 

Yet as he spoke, Izuku leaned over, and his head fell onto Inari’s left shoulder. 

               “Gah!” Inari yelped. “H-Hey!!” 

Yet Izuku didn’t move, he simply lingered, barely awake. 

               “I-I guess it can’t be helped…” Inari said. 

               “Well… it shouldn’t really matter…” He continued. 

The waters brushed up against the two boys once more, the steaming waters filling Inari’s lungs with a refreshing breath. Inari cupped his hands, and brought water to his face. He rubbed the water all over his cheeks, and did so again with his hair. He cupped his hands once more, and rubbed the water in Izuku’s hair as well. 

               “Guess it’s a nice thing I could do for ya.” He said. “I’m sorry… for getting you into this…”

He looked out the window once more, and when he did, he saw a wolf flying in the sky. A wolf he knew all too well, as its bright flames trailed in the sky faster than the human eye could track. But of course, Inari was no human, he was a kami, a god. He simply looked onward as the wolf ran, and felt the wind brush against the window. He closed his eyes, took a breath, and when he exhaled, he gazed upon the stars. As for Izuku, he simply laid his head on Inari’s shoulder, the waterfall giving a small ambience. 

               “Izuku… you’re not alone.” Inari said. “Don’t worry… we’ll be there, always.”

“Once you’re back at full strength, I promise you, we’ll make you stronger than you could ever imagine. That’s my vow to you, as your friend.”

0