Prologue
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0: Prologue

Year 1519, Somewhere in the New World.

With majesty, a young man adorned in the typical attire of a Spanish noble exhibits an outfit that reflects his distinguished status. He wears a scarlet cape richly embroidered, gracefully falling over his shoulders, highlighting his regal bearing. His tight doublet, crafted with exquisite velvet details, embraces his torso, while the snug-fitting hose completes the harmonious composition. A adorned sword hangs from his waist, symbolizing his warrior lineage. It would be the perfect image of a nobleman in a ballroom ready to dance with some noble lady if it weren't for the fact that he is in the midst of a bloody battlefield.

In the heat of the conflict, Alejandro Montalvo de Cádiz, appearing as a young man of about twenty years, emerges as an enigmatic figure in contrast to the surrounding brutality. His vermilion hair, a symbol of the purity of his lineage, usually vibrant, waves unrestrained and is infused with ash, creating a striking gleam in the dimness of war. Although his face bears the marks of battle, the innocence and vitality that once adorned his features are now eclipsed by the serenity and absolute indifference reflected in his dark hazel eyes, which were once filled with the vivacity of youth but now mirror the harsh reality of the battle.

The deafening sound of swords clashing mixes with the roar of fire devouring the surrounding fields. The acrid stench of smoke intertwines with the earth soaked in blood. Despite his noble attire, Alejandro inhales the bitter scent of war that clings to his skin.

On the eve of his 39th birthday, instead of celebrating with loved ones, he finds himself fulfilling his duties as the current heir of House Montalvo de Cádiz, one of the 12 First Rank Oligarch Organizations that rule the world from the shadows. In front of the 12 Oligarchs, as they are known, not even the most powerful and recognized king in history would dare to be disrespectful. Faced with the seemingly divine power these families are capable of, no one dares to disobey.

From an early age, Alejandro demonstrated talent for the mystical arts of aether practiced by his family. Today, at only 39 years old, he finds himself in the Second Heaven of the Soul Separation Realm, being one of the most prominent geniuses of his generation.

"Young master, it seems the enemies are surrendering. What are your orders?" asked a middle-aged butler-like man with graying hair, yet with a firm and unyielding posture, without any trace of aura, yet still giving a suffocating feeling to anyone with insufficient mental strength facing him.

"Search for the souls of those who seem important enough to have useful information; as for the others... today, there are no captives," Alejandro replied calmly, seemingly indifferent to the butler's aura and to the lives of the thousands of people whose unfortunate fate he has just decided.

Hi, I am the author of this novel. This is the prologue or teaser, and I will probably publish a couple more chapters by the end of the week. To be honest, the story is strongly inspired by "The Young Master in the Shadow." Regarding the 12 oligarchs, I basically based them on the major powers of that time and portrayed them as the true controllers. It is within my plans for the novel not to be too lengthy.

Here is an outline of the power system and realms I created for this story, heavily influenced by Chinese web novels tbh :

1. Physical Stage: Elemental Refinement

1.1. Bone Refinement.
1.2. Muscle Refinement.
1.3. Blood Refinement.

2. Soul Stage: Elemental Mastery

2.1. Soul Separation.
2.2. Nirvana.
2.3. Lord.

3. Faith Stage: Divine Awakening.

Each stage so far is divided into 3 Heavens and the peak of the realm.

2