Chapter 14: Library
271 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The softness of bare breasts squeezed into his face, and the hum of arousal filled his mind. Rosalina’s arms wrapped around the back of his head, holding Leon’s head in a position that kept him resting on her breasts.

Leon carefully pried away the arms of the angel and escaped from the embarrassing situation, despite Rosalina’s attempts to continue holding him.

Looking around the table, Leon discovered that all of the girls were wiped out… and it appears their experiences hadn’t ended.

The dragon-girl remained in her seat; her thighs had spread apart as her body trembled from sexual pleasure.

The angel moaned erotically on the table, her white wings spreading across the table and flapping repeatedly. Her bare breasts were exposed to the air and her clothes were in a mess. The angel’s panties had disappeared at some point, and her forbidden spring that was soaked with moisture was displayed before his eyes.

Skitty, the cat-kin beast-girl, leaned entirely onto the table with her thighs dangling off the edge. The cat-girl’s waist rhythmically moving to the sensation of penetration. Her cheeks were flushed a bright red color.

The fluffy tail of the cat-girl suddenly writhed around near his nose, and Leon instinctively reached out to grab the fluffy appendage teasing his face.

A hum of arousal filled him, but Leon simply ignored it.

As if in response to his touch, Skitty physically jolted in place and her waist rose in his direction like offering herself to him.

Leon ignored the cat-girl’s erotic movements and focused entirely on the fluffy tail in his hands.

The soft fur of the fluffy cat-tail was pleasant to touch, and the tail instantly wrapped around his hand. His wrist felt the softness of her fluffy appendage.

Interested in the tail’s response, Leon began playfully teasing the tail of the cat-girl in his hands and gently stoked it.

Leon always had a fond affection for cute animals, which led to a general fondness for beast-kin in general. In particular, he enjoyed the appearance and emotional expressiveness that a beast-kin’s tail and flexible ears could provide.

Furthermore, Leon retained a strong curiosity about how a beast-kin’s tail and ears would react to various stimuli.

Specifically, Leon wanted to compare the reactions of actual beast-girls to the various animations in his previous life.

The result of this strong curiosity and desire to explore was usually nothing.

This was because Leon’s face wasn’t thick enough to ask random beast-girls if he could touch their tails or fluffy ears.

Embarrassment appeared on Leon’s face, as he knew that his current behavior of freely touching her tail was inappropriate and taking advantage of the cat-girl. However, his hands continued to playfully tease the end of her tail regardless.

There were not many good opportunities to play with the fluffy tail of a cat-girl.

His fingers dug into her soft tail, gently brushing along the fluffy appendage that had wrapped around his wrist.

Under normal circumstances, Leon knew he wouldn’t dare to do this… but after having the sexual experience of a cat-boy in the game, his previous thoughts changed.

According to his experience as a cat-boy, physiologically, his current behavior was not that much different from stroking a girl’s wrist.

In other words, Leon was playing with her tail... but the sensation would feel a bit itchy and strange at most to Skitty.

Under normal circumstances, stroking a girl’s wrist would only be considered a bit weird and could not be mistaken for sexualized behavior.

Leon was careful to avoid any of the erogenous zones that were learnt from his prior experience as a cat-boy in the game.

Although stroking the hand of a girl was slightly inappropriate, Leon felt it was justifiable and innocent as her tail was swinging in his face and freely wrapped around his wrist.

The cat-girl’s body shuttered in pleasure, and the tip of her tail brushed against his nose.

A strong pleasant feminine scent filled his nasal cavity.

Leon’s scooted his chair backward and released the tail of the cat-girl, after petting the cat-girl to his hearts content.

Realizing the situation and feeling his pants were soaked with his seeds of life from his multiple climaxes, Leon remembered to cast complex [Cleaning] magic to remove any traces of his embarrassment from the surroundings.

Leon felt strange arousal and proceeded to order the [analysis system] to do a self-diagnosis on himself.

[Name: Leonardo Field]

[Race: Elf]

[Age: 367 years old]

[Tier 1: Extraordinary Magician]

[Condition: Healthy, Influenced by Lust Crest, Hypnotized]

[Mana: 100%]

[Specialties: Instinctive Judgement, Genius, Twin Succubus’ Blessing, Dimensional Blessing.]

[Mood: Aroused, happy, curious.]

Leon was stunned after looking over the list of conditions, and his eyes twitched.

Influenced by Lust Crest? Hypnotized? Dimensional Blessing? No…? Are magical schools so dangerous these days?

He was rendered completely speechless and felt frightened.

Seriously, this was only his first day after returning to school.

Leon pulled down his pants to check.

The [lust crest] was a pink glowing heart-shaped pattern with fancy lines that appeared on his lower stomach.

When did this happen?

Leon pulled up the system logs.

[Hypnotized condition was applied at 11:21, approximately 5 hours ago]

[Lust Crest condition was applied at 16:35, approximately 4 minutes ago]

[Dimensional Blessing specialty gained at 16:35, approximately 4 minutes ago]

‘Display the specific effects of all new conditions and specialties. Include the identifiable sources, if available’ Leon mentally ordered and looked at the [analysis system]’s response.

[Hypnotized, permanent duration - the sight of the nipples of cow-girls will induce strong desire to drink cow-girl milk. Compelled to accept any offer by cow-girls to drink milk from their nipples.]

[Hypnotized (source) – Ms. Elina, female, Bovine Beast-kin, teacher]

[Lust Crest, permanent duration - A glowing magical heart-shaped tattoo on lower stomach, applies aroused condition upon contact with any female creature. Direct contact of any female with magical tattoo pattern applies ecstasy state.]

[Lust Crest (source) – Unknown Mimic, female, Monster-girls and Magic]

[Dimensional Blessing – A blessing that furthers your connection with a certain subspace, improves comprehension of spatial laws, additional unknown effects are detected.]

[Dimensional Blessing (source) – Unknown Mimic, female, Monster-girls and Magic]

Ignoring the hypnotized condition for now, Leon focused on the source of [Lust Crest] and [Dimensional Blessing] and his eyes twitched. 

Good guy… the female mimic really left him with a massive “gift”.

Ghost knows what’s going on with the [dimensional blessing], but the [lust crest] by itself is extremely problematic.

It seems the statement that [Monster and Magic] is a game is up to debate. Instead, this game is likely to connect to a nearby world or universe. Otherwise, how could a virtual monster-girl in the game apply a real curse to him?

Judging by the mimic’s statement, Leon strongly suspected that the [God of Adventurers] is the entity connecting the world in some manner.

However, Leon did not dare to release this information.

The title of god is not given lightly in a magical world. Even if there was a possibility of a pig pretending to be a tiger, Leon didn’t dare to gamble.

Might makes right…

This is not a statement given lightly.

At the very least, having the ability to instantly destroy everyone that disagrees with you can force people to pinch their noses and admit that you are right.

Even if you refer to a deer as a horse, not many would dare to refute.

The characteristics and strength of deities was too high for him to begin speculating on.

Naturally, Leon dared not go around talking nonsense.

Leon was specifically warned by his parents in this regard.

All gods have a characteristic.

What is said must be heard…

In summary, anyone referring to a specific god must be heard by that god.

Even avoiding referencing their title or name has little effect, as long as you intend to talk about a specific deity, they will hear your words.

Gods rarely care about the thoughts of mortals enough to punish individuals that speak badly about them… but gods have a perfect memory and may be unwilling to provide you any assistance in the future if you’ve talked badly about them in the past.  

‘Replace background task… The new task is to comprehensively analyze the [lust crest] and figure out how to remove it.’ Leon decided to pretend he knew nothing about the world of [Monster-girls and Magic].

[Background goal: Comprehensive analysis and removal of Lust Crest.]

[Current progress: 20%]

[Estimated time: 1 year…]

Leon relaxed after seeing the time frame of the [lust crest]’s removal.

Although a year was a long time, the speed of analysis would increase with the acquisition of new information. So the specific time frame was not that big of a problem.

Leon looked at the [dimensional blessing] specialty and felt a headache about its existence.

He strongly suspected that the certain subspace mentioned in the description of Dimensional Blessing was the subspace belonging to the mimic. Specialties were extremely difficult to remove, and the consequences of removal was usually higher than the benefits.

For now, a comprehensive study of the [lust crest] was the most important matter.

The arousal that the [lust crest] would trigger upon touching female creatures was a relatively minor problem that Leon could live with.

Try to avoid touching women.

Exercise restraint whilst aroused.

Although his mind would be affected by arousal, Leon was an elf with relatively low sexual desires and could control himself.

The major problem was a weakness that would cause his body to collapse in ecstasy at the slightest touch of the [lust crest] tattoo by a woman, especially considering the Twin Succubus Blessing.

As for the [hypnotized] condition, Leon only felt confused after reading over the hypnotized command.

Leon didn’t think that consumption of milk from the nipples of a cow-girl was an issue to begin with, and couldn’t comprehend why Ms. Elina would use a hypnotic spell on him for this purpose. Except, maybe as a potential demonstration to the class on the effects of the hypnotism spell.

After all, Leon knew it was rude to refuse to drink the milk from a cow-girl’s breasts when offered… so he would not refuse under normal circumstances.

Leon’s mind had already been twisted by the advanced charm technique.

Therefore, this hypnotic suggestion was not that different from a hypnotic suggestion to not be rude to your classmates in his mind.

The hypnotic suggestion was subconsciously ranked extremely low on his list of priorities.

This was because Leon couldn’t comprehend the problems with drinking milk from the nipples of a cow-girl.

Leon felt the magical influence of the hypnotic suggestion on his behavior pattern was extremely low and didn’t care about its existence.

Furthermore, Leon had no idea how to solve the [hypnotized] condition.

Although Leon wanted to remove this hypnotic suggestion, he subconsciously felt that other things had a higher priority and dispelling the suggestion was a relatively unimportant matter considering its harmless nature.

The main reason that Leon planned to remove the hypnotic suggestion at all was his distaste for other people manipulating his mind…

The work to solve the hypnotic suggestion would be done later in his free-time. As for when that future to remove the [hypnotized] condition arrived, it depended mainly upon the difficulty of removal.

Skitty took several deep breaths and scooted herself off the edge of the table.

The cat-girl politely organized herself and pulled her black mini-skirt downward slightly, attempting to hide her soaked panties and the liquid drooling from them.

Skitty glanced toward Leon, who was staring at her.

The angel released erotic moans of pleasure as her white-feathered wings fluttered beside her.

This caused Skitty’s face to flush red with embarrassment as she experienced social death, her fluffy cat-ears flattened on her head.

“Ahem~” Skitty coughed awkwardly and pretended like nothing had happened, despite her obvious embarrassment and the wet markings on the floor. “What are your thoughts on the game Monster-girls and Magic?”

Leon’s eyes twitched at the question and raised an eyebrow. He glanced toward the angel that was moaning in pleasure.

Rosalina’s breasts were completely exposed and her nipples showcased her arousal. Her underwear had disappeared, and her current location provided a complete view of her pussy.

There were constant moans of pleasure from her mouth.

Her white wings were extraordinarily beautiful and induced a desire within him to play with them.

…If not for being an elf with lower sexual instincts, there was no way to remain unmoved by the scene before him.

Gulping at the beautiful sight before him, Leon sighed. “It’s certainly an interesting and unique game.”

Leon was interested in [Monster-girls and Magic] in many respects.

The connection to another world was one component, but the magic that Rosalina’s white mage cast in game was another important component that aroused his interest. Leon strongly suspected that an entirely different magic system existed in the world of [Monster-girls and Magic] and that many secrets existed in that world.

The analysis of another world’s magic system could dramatically improve his strength and comprehensiveness. This was why Leon asked his [analysis system] to comprehend the [lust crest] along with finding a way to remove it.

Even the talents of monster-girls like the mimic to have a subsidiary dimension, if properly analyzed could allow him to develop his own spatial dimension.

Therefore, the statement that Leon was interested was not a lie.

Although there was a lustful component involved in his agreement that the game was interesting, it was secondary to his interest in exploring the secrets of another world.

… At least, that’s how Leon convinced himself.

“Then, do you plan to continue playing it with us?” Skitty asked with her eyes travelling to the other girls in an embarrassed state.

“If you don’t mind me joining you on rare occasions.” Leon hesitantly nodded.

“That’s great~” Skitty’s cat-ears perked up and her tail swayed happily behind her, and approached him.

The soaked panties of the cat-girl were semi-transparent from liquid and were freely visible under the black mini-skirt upon her approach due to his seated position.

Skitty awkwardly blushed feeling his gaze under her skirt, yet made no intention to cover it.

“Ahem, by the way…” Skitty’s face was bright red and embarrassed, leaned forward to whisper to him. “If you ever feel like touching my body like when you were playing with my tail earlier, you are always welcome to go further and freely explore anywhere on my entire body.”

This time, it was Leon’s turn to feel embarrassed. He hadn’t expected her to notice him playing with her tail despite the situation.

“Okay.” Leon felt her breath in his right ear and blushed, the aroma of the cat-girl filling his senses and acknowledged her statement.

“Good.” Skitty gently kissed him on the cheek, before she pretended to turn around and look at the other girls.

Skitty’s fluffy tail purposefully lifted the black mini-skirt that covered her lower body and displayed her wet panties and buttocks to him at eye-level. The fluffy brown-tail swayed hypnotically in front of his face in a manner that seemed to purposefully arouse his desire to touch it.

Her buttocks leaned toward him slightly, showcasing the fullness of her backside and encouraging him to touch her.

Subtle movements of her backside from left to right showcased her strong desire. Her position easily allowed her tail and buttocks to be touched.

The fluffy tail playfully brushed against his face, and wrapped around his neck.

The cat-girl’s tail gently pulled Leon’s neck toward her buttocks, encouraging him to approach and view it. The cameltoe of her soaking vagina could be seen through her panties as her buttocks approached his face.

Through the consensual movements of the cat-girl’s beautiful body and [lust crest]’s continuous encouragement, Leon reached out and squeezed the buttocks of the cat-girl with his righthand.

The softness of her buttocks beneath his fingers resulted in Leon instinctively squeezing her butt.

The cat-girl felt a pleasurable squeeze on her buttocks as his hands explored them and she pretended not to notice.

Her tail brushed along his face with a skillful flick.

Skitty decided to enjoy the pleasurable sensation of being touched by the elf-boy while pretending to feel nothing.

The previous invitation, and lack of reaction caused Leon to go further.

Leon patted her buttocks in a gentle and arousing fashion, playing with her body in a way that he

His left hand traveling down her right leg, caressing along the inner thigh.

Skitty was lost in the erotic sensation of his fingers flowing along her inner thigh and digging into her body.

The cat-girl silently bent forward, further exposing her buttocks to him. Her hands moved in front of her, holding down the hem of her mini-skirt.

With this silent action of acceptance, Skitty’s backside had further approached his face. Her buttocks and cameltoe was fully displayed before his eyes with an obvious desire to be touched. A silent approval that he was able to play with her entire body.

The hand grasping her butt disappeared, and three fingers that pleasurably grasped the base of her tail caused the cat-girl’s backside to jolt slightly toward him.

Leon’s index finger stroked the bottom of her tail, with his thumb and middle finger wrapped around the sides. His hand stroked upward from the base of her tail, leaving her tail in a soft uncontrollable mushy state and freely manipulatable in his hand.

An unbelievable sensation flowed along her tail, and caused the cat-girl’s eyes to gently close and her cat-ears to flatten on her head.

The mushiness and lack of strength in her tail allowed him to freely remove the playful tail from around his neck, and Leon continued to stroke from the base to the edge of her tail.

Skitty felt his hand disappear from her lower thigh, and Leon stood up and approached her on the left side, his right hand progressing from playing with her tail to teasing her left buttock. Her mini-skirt was lifted into the air, and his right hand squeezed and rubbed her butt.

The cat-girl became further aroused.

Although it was her consensual request, the sensation of a hand squeezing her buttock from behind was akin to a pervert individual stealthily coping a feel in public. This was mainly due to Leon’s standing position and the cat-girl forcing herself to endure without showing external reactions.

His right hand reached inside her panties and had direct contact with the skin of her butt, which teased and squeezed the bare skin of her buttocks with his fingers in an erotic fashion.

The skin-on-skin sensation was extremely pleasant and enjoyable.

The cat-girl’s legs felt weak from the erotic desire.

“I think that’s enough for today.” Leon whispered to the cat-girl and gently removed his fingers from her backside and stepped away from the cat-girl. Leon was already having trouble controlling himself and knew that if he continued to satisfy his own desires and play with the cat-girl, he was going to end up having sex with her.

The cat-girl pursed her lips, she was naturally dissatisfied with his behavior of teasing her into a highly aroused state and refusing to go further. Her buttocks stuck out and tail swayed behind her in a high fashion.

However, Leon didn’t care about her dissatisfaction.

“When do you usually play Monster and Magic?” Leon asked casually.

“Some days after class.” Skitty snorted, and crossed her arms in annoyance. “Give me your phone number and I’ll text you.”

Leon pulled out his phone and showed the cat-girl the number to reach him.

“Oh my gods, you have a physical phone…” The cat-girl rolled her eyes upon seeing his old-fashioned phone. The cat-girl had never seen someone use an actual physical phone before and it brought a smile to her lips.

Only a few novelty stores sell physical phones nowadays.

His phone was probably older than she was.

-But Skitty didn’t judge him on it.

After all, his acceptance to play [Monster-girls and Magic] and his willingness to tease her was completely different from other stereotypical elves that were stubborn and generally refused to come into contact with new things.

Skitty swiped upward on her wrist and a projection appeared that was mentally manipulated. A text was quickly received on his phone.

Skitty: This is my phone number, feel free to text whenever.

Leonardo: Got it.

After responding to the text to inform her that the number was correct, Leon added the cat-girl as a contact.

The angel’s erotic moaning had temporarily died down, and Leon glanced toward the table and his eyes twitched.

Rosalina had lifted her feet onto the table.

The angel’s thighs spread apart in a posture that invited viewers to explore her vagina with their eyes. Her hands traveled between her thighs and lifted her skirt, pleasuring herself in front of them.

Rosalina’s perky breasts and beautifully aroused nipples were fully displayed as her fingers inserted themselves into her blooming flower that was wet with dew drops.

“Are you girls so confident that nobody will enter the library?” Leon turned to the cat-girl and asked with a concerned look.

“Natus will cast a [perception filter] magic on our group before each session.” The cat-girl shrugged and gestured to the table, “Excluding some extraordinarily powerful magic teachers, others will ignore our group and subconsciously think that we’re just playing a normal board game. You didn’t indicate noticing anything whilst studying.”

“Even so…” Leon’s eyes glanced to the angel that was pleasuring herself on the table and had returned to making loud erotic moans.

Skitty rolled her eyes at the white winged-angel that was pretending to be trapped in-game and pleasuring herself to attract the elf-boy’s attention.

‘I never realized that Rosalina was so shameless!?’ Skitty mentally complained.

Their group has been playing monster-girls and magic for 2 years… How could they be paralyzed by pleasure? Although Rosalina’s body was more sensitive, all of them had learnt to suppress their lust a long time ago.

Skitty was already exaggerating by collapsing onto the table, and purposefully showing her panties to Leon. The cat-girl’s actions were extremely purposeful to build desire for her beautiful body and mate with him.

Anyway, if Leon was aroused and couldn’t control himself, it would be an extremely exciting night.

In fact, except for monster-girls with extremely special abilities, these beast-kin girls could easily sit around the table and chat about other subjects as they were being sexually violated. Although their thighs might occasionally twitch in pleasure and stumble from particularly pleasurable situations, it was impossible for their reactions to be so exaggerated.

Lust had an extremely low impact on their consciousness.

Otherwise, they really wouldn’t dare to play in the library.

Skitty didn’t really know how to explain to Leon without making their group seem completely perverted.

Although Skitty distained Rosalina’s purposeful actions of removing her panties, moaning and pleasuring herself in front of the elf-boy to attract attention… If Leon was interested, it wasn’t impossible to replicate~

“Feel free to look if you want.” Skitty muttered, the lustful part of her wanted to embrace Leon and tease him. The cat-girl could feel her womb’s instinctive desire to carry his baby… however, the cat-girl simply ignored that desire.

Monster-girls and Magic was a game about learning to control your own desires. If you could not control your desire, then it was basically certain that you would lose at every opportunity.

The cat-girl had a large wealth of experience to draw from to suppress her own lust.

Ironically, the influence of the [Twin Succubus’ Blessing] on the thoughts of these beast-kin girls was basically nonexistent.

That’s to say, without the blessing, their actions would be approximately the same. Although the cat-girl felt her own lust was in an abnormally heightened state, it was impossible for this lust to influence her actions.

Skitty had enough experience to recognize this strangeness in her arousal, and the cat-girl frowned upon thinking that her current lust was abnormally heightened.

The cat-girl was surprised, and tilted her head toward the elf-boy beside her. “Have you cast some type of arousal spell on me?”

“Ahem-” Leon coughed and felt a little guilty as technically the blessing did originate from him, which caused the cat-girl to misunderstand.

“Pft~ You don’t need to use arousal magic if you are interested in me, I’d be happy to have fun together~” Skitty’s tail waved happily behind her when she saw his guilty expression and knew that her heightened arousal must originate from the elf-boy.

Leon’s mouth felt dry from the outright offer.

Skitty was indeed an extremely beautiful girl, and hit his own strike zone perfectly. Her body was a perfect hour-glass shape; and Skitty was a cat-girl that Leon had always wanted to experience in his previous life.

Furthermore, the cat-girl had a playful demeanor with a particularly youthful temperament that drew his attention.

In fact, most males and females in this world were absurdly attractive… it might be some deity’s blessing.  

Regardless, after experiencing sex with the two succubae and wolf-girls from the future, Leon felt like he been tempted by the forbidden fruit and was unable to help himself. Leon could feel his body’s instinctive desire for the opposite sex.

Therefore, Leon would not outright refuse her offer.

“Not now… I’d prefer we get to know each other better.” Leon didn’t have the willpower to outright refuse. “You should also make a proper decision when not being influenced by arousal.”

“Huh?” Skitty was confused by his refusal.

“A succubus added a passive blessing to my body, a supernatural charm that is extremely effective against females that are fertile.” Leon awkwardly explained. “So, please carefully consider whether your true thoughts are being influenced by my charm...”

“Pft… Oh, my gods…” Skitty clutched her stomach and burst into laughter. “Hahaha~”

Leon was stunned, “…What?”

“Nothing-” Skitty covered her mouth and tried to calm down, but simply burst into laughter again with heavy breathing. “-hahaha~”

The cat-girl had nearly collapsed to the floor in laughter.

“Nothing, it’s fine! Just a cultural difference.” The cat-girl wiped her eyes, finally managing to calm down as her lips curled into a smile. “I’d forgotten that elves tend to have old-fashioned beliefs on courtship and sex.”

“I’m already considered extremely open-minded by elven standards on the subject.” Leon muttered to himself.

“Seriously?” Skitty’s eyes widened in surprise, her fluffy tail swayed behind her in interest. “What are other elves like?”

“A direct offer like that to other elves will probably result in complete refusal.” Leon thought about elven culture and other elves. “Maybe, in rare situations, after spending 5 years together, other elves will contemplate accepting your offer on consideration of your short lifespan… But would never consider playing a game like Monster-girls and Magic with you.”

“Five years to begin considering it?” Skitty choked at the thought, she was confused. “Is it so complicated to have sex in elven society?”

“It’s a matter of lifespan and low sexual desire.” Leon averted his gaze to the ceiling. “We’re simply not in a rush.”

The desire inducing wet noises of Rosalina pleasuring herself with occasional erotic moans could be heard in the background throughout this conversation.  

“Ahem, I’m going to continue studying.” Leon awkwardly escaped from the situation. “Let’s play again another time.”

Spoiler

*Shyly pokes fluffy fox-head out from behind fluffy tail and looks around* 

Hello...? Are the bad people all gone by now? Anybody still here...?

-Ah?! Sorry, I didn't see you!

Hello there!

Thank you for taking your time to read my story.

I'm glad that you've enjoyed it enough continue reading this far!

I would be appreciative of any feedback you can give me. Even if it's just a private message for those that are relatively shy indicating whether you are enjoying it...

*Fox-ears flatten on top of head*

Please keep in mind that this story is a passion project and has already taken hundreds of hours of work... And I'm only a fragile little fox releasing this into the wild. 

If your feedback is negative, I'd be very appreciative if you (at least attempt) to be tactful and polite in your words.

Remember to keep in mind that messages in written communication often are interpreted in ways harsher than the original writer intends, especially to those emotionally invested in a given situation.

...

*Awkward cough*

You probably noticed some grammatical mistakes in my previous chapters. 

Trust me, I know! I'm working on it!

*Sigh*... I reviewed every chapter at least 5-6 times before releasing it. Yet when reading the chapters in a mobile format, I was horrified to find so many grammatical errors and weird sentence structures. 

*Covers eyes with fluffy-fox tail in embarrassment...*

I'm sorry! I'll be more careful in the future!

There were so many problems when looking through the previous chapters, I'm very intimidated... It's so difficult to notice many errors as the writer of the story.

I've decided to alter my editing habits to include text-to-speech.

Ghost knows how long editing will take...

To be honest, when editing the first time, everything is fine. It can even be entertaining to see how everything fits together when initially reading it.

As time progresses and you've read the same sentence around 20 times, editing gets progressively more boring.

Eventually, you lose all interest and begin to dread editing. 

Sometimes you begin to wonder whether your story was any good at all. Whether it is worth editing this boring piece of garbage... maybe, the goodness you felt when writing was just an illusion created by the hard work put into the story and you are only imagining that others will like it.  

*Fox-ears droop in disappointment*

Seriously... editing is so bloody boring!

-But I'll try to stay strong!

I know how important good grammar and sentence structure is to readers.

At least, I personally cannot stand reading books with poor sentences and grammar.

My current plan is to listen to past and future chapters with text-to-speech before releasing them to reduce grammatical problems. When read aloud, various errors tend to stick out and strange sentences choice typically become readily apparent. 

That's basically what I did with this chapter, so hopefully you haven't noticed any grammatical mistakes in it. 

If you go back to old chapters (which I doubt that you will...) and notice that it has significantly changed in some manners, it's probably due to an editing spree. Expect sentences to be deleted, words altered, and small details to be modified based on my whims. 

Also, I've burned through most of my backlog.

Some future chapters are written, but they are in only first drafts and I don't dare to release them.

Those chapters need lots of editing before they're viable for release... lots of boring editing....  

Editing this chapter with only 5k words with text-to-speech took approximately 3-5 hours... I'm dreading the thought of editing the previous 2 chapters with close to 10-15k words.

*Sigh...*

I'll probably split it into chunks and get around to it when I get around to it.

Updates are likely to be released relatively slowly in the future as my own life will be picking up shortly.

I'll, uh... try to aim to have a chapter released on the 1'st each month? We'll see how that works out... 

[collapse]
0