11 – My Room
105 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Henry opened up the passenger's door for her.

"You're driving?" she asked.

He didn't answer until they got inside.

"I have to tire out myself before we get home. Plus, I figured you might want to ask me questions without Tony and Rei."

She remembered the questions she had written earlier.

"Now that you mentioned it, I actually have a few."

She started reading what she wrote.

"It says we will live together. I'm ok with that but are we going to stay in the same room?"

Henry scratched the back of his neck thinking of what he will say. Of course, he wanted to sleep in the same bed as her, but he knew that it would be very hard for him at the same time.

He told her that he would not sleep with her until she was ready, and if they stayed in the same room he might not be able to keep his word.

He doesn't trust himself around her. He lost his control multiple times already in just one day.

"Of course, you will stay in my room," and he lost to himself again.

Amy exhaled deeply; she thought that it was for the better. The closer she is to him, then the faster she can finish her book.

"How many bodyguards will I have?"

Amy doesn't mind having guards but she doesn't want them to be conspicuous. She will be working on her book at least 4 days a week and will be overseeing their family business on the other days.

People around will start questioning her if her bodyguards are in plain sight.

"At least three, your driver/guard, a male guard, and a female guard."

Deep inside he was wishing that Amy wouldn't object to this. He has many enemies and this is the only way he could protect Amy when outside.

"Ok, next question…" she casually uttered.

He released a sigh of relief that he was holding. He's thankful that Amy is not objecting so far to his demands.

"The contract said, I am only allowed to go home once a week, and I need more than that."

Henry frowned and was ready for his rebuttal when Amy continued.

"You see, even though the cafe and the farm are in collateral with the bank I still help in managing it."

"Fair enough, but I don't want to be away from you for more than one day," he countered.

Amy gasped at how Henry was showing his possessiveness, she must think of a way to work things out without breaching the contract.

Amy opened and closed her mouth trying to give her solution but quickly dismissed her thought. Henry finds it funny that she is so serious about coming up with a solution to his demands.

"How about I go with you?" He pats himself internally for coming up with an offer that he thinks she cannot decline.

"Hmm… Are you sure you want that?" Amy was skeptical of his suggestion.

This man always changes his mind; she must not let her guard down. He might be planning something to come up with this solution.

"I mean, are you not busy with your company?"

"I try my best not to work on weekends, plus I have you now. I must cherish every minute with you. Don't you forget, you haven't accepted my marriage proposal yet?"

He smiled and glanced at her which made her heart skip a beat.

'How can he be this adorable? STOP! AMY! You should not fall for him' she scolded herself.

"Ok, if you insist. I'll go home on Friday to visit the cafe. You can follow me on weekends; I'll be at the farm on those days. Then we go back to your house together. How about that?"

She faced him while waiting for his answer.

He pinched her cheek before saying yes.

"How about your day off? Don't you have one?"

Henry was worried that due to Amy's circumstances, she might be overworking herself.

"I rest on the farm. The only time it's busy out there is during harvest time. Other than that, I just slack off. But I do write sometimes on weekends depending on my mood," she explained.

"Does that mean if it's not harvest time, we can go on a date?"

Amy chuckled at his remark. "What date? I thought you don't date your contracted girlfriends?" she uttered mockingly.

At once he turned the steering wheel and stopped the car on the side of the road and faced her.

He holds her hands and looks directly into her hazel eyes. He exhaled deeply before answering her in a serious tone. "Amy I need you to remember this. Do not compare yourself to the past women I had. You are different from them. You are important to me and I want to be your important person too. You're my angel, you are mine. Don't you ever forget that, are we clear?"

Amy simply nodded, stunned at his declaration. She stayed silent after that, she did not expect those words to come from his mouth.

It's a puzzle to her why is he so nice to her when they just met. He's acting differently from what he heard from Rei before. She gave out heavy sighs before letting go of her doubts.

Henry continued driving and Amy fell asleep on the way.

She was feeling hot and starting to sweat. When she opened her eyes, it was dark and she was lying in something soft. She tried to stand but felt something heavy on her abdomen stopping her from moving.

When she touches the heavy thing that's stopping her, she realizes that it's an arm. She hurriedly removes it and looks for the nearest light switch. But that arm pulled her back.

"It's still dark, let's sleep some more."

Right, she was with Henry before she fell asleep, but where are they?

"Where are we and what are you doing, remove your hand from me."

She tried to remove it again but he hugged her tightly instead.

"I thought we settled this in the car last night? I'm still sleepy, let's go back to sleep and talk tomorrow," he murmured sleepily.

"You didn't answer my question, where are we?" she asserted.

He hovered over Amy to reach the lamp beside her. With his left elbow on the bed, his right hand turned on the lamp that lit the room a bit. His eyes went back to Amy that's under him.

He didn't know that his proximity to Amy was making her heart beat wildly.

"We are in my house, in my room, on my bed. Any more questions ma'am?"

He was so close to Amy that she could feel his body heat and didn't even catch his sarcasm.

Her eyes darted to his lips and then slowly moved to his body. Her face instantly turned red, when she saw that he wasn't wearing any shirt which he definitely spotted.

"If you're going to look at me that way, don't blame me later if you will not be able to sleep till morning comes."

Her eyes widened when she realized she had been busted.

"W-What look are you talking about?"

He chuckled when she tried to deny her action.

'I'm affecting her, even if she denies it; it's obvious that her body is reacting to me,' he thought.

He decided to tease her more. He tenderly strokes her face starting from her temple to her cheek, and down to her chin.

His thumb gently pushes down her lower lip to part them.

"Did you know how hard was it for me to fall asleep last night while you were here beside me?" He lowered his head leading to Amy's lips.

Before reaching his destination Amy almost jumped out of bed and looked around for the main light switch and turned it on.

"I need to pee, that's why I woke up. Where is your bathroom?"

Henry was frozen when she faced him. He did not answer her and just kept ogling at her.

Her forehead creased and went closer to Henry.

"Henry? Are you listening to me? Where's the bathroom?"

He gulped and pointed his finger to the door near Amy's side of the bed not uttering a single word.

She didn't waste time and headed there straight away. She pondered what made Henry dumbstruck.

"HOLY JESUS MARY JOSEPH!!!"

She wailed as soon as she saw herself in the mirror in the bathroom.

Henry heard her loud and clear in the bedroom which made him giggle to himself.

'She's going to kill me for sure,' Deep inside he was afraid of what Amy do to him once she got out of the bathroom, yet, he didn't expect that she would look like that for he was not aware of it.

Just after a few minutes, Amy opened the door while hiding behind it.

"Tell me you're not the one who dressed me and I'll forgive you."

She was perplexed and shocked to see herself in a pink lace sheer nightwear that was as good as being naked. She wanted to punch Henry at that moment.

"It's D-Demi, the head maid, it's not me, I swear to my father and mother's grave," he even raised his right hand as if Amy could see him.

Amy breathes in and out several times, calming herself. Fortunately, she found Henry's black satin robe inside the bathroom and decided to put it on before she went out.

She went straight to bed and covered herself with a blanket.

"Let's go to sleep, and deal with this tomorrow."

Henry sat beside her and went into defensive mode.

"I didn't know Demi dressed you with that. I went to the study room right after I carried you here. After that, I went to sleep right away; I didn't see what you were wearing. Please don't get mad at me, baby."

And that's the truth. He was having a hard time stopping himself from touching her, that's why he asked his headmaid to clean and dress her up.

She was obviously in deep sleep, perhaps because of the wine and champagne she consumed at the party.

He buried himself in reading and answering emails until he got tired and sleepy, to keep his hands away from her.

Amy turned around to face him since she could discern his sincerity.

"I know, so go back to sleep."

There were deep furrows in Henry's brows, pondering if she was telling the truth.

"How can you be sure that I am not lying? Do you trust me?"

She scoffed at him, before laughing.

"You were totally flabbergasted earlier looking at me; I thought you lost your tongue, ha-ha."

Now that she knows what happened, she can't help but laugh at how Henry looked a while ago.

"Your face was red, your eyes were wide like an owl and your jaw dropped."

She continued to tease Henry as if they had known each other for a long time now.

On the other hand, he was enjoying it. He likes seeing her smile and being at ease with him like this.

They were having fun until Amy stopped laughing and their eyes met.

His hands were itching to touch her face, and so he did. He traced her eyes, and her nose, and stopped at her lips.

"I like seeing you this happy. Your smile makes me smile. You are so beautiful, Amy."

0