16 – Perfect Timing
83 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The previous blissful atmosphere was replaced with confusion, joy, and a dark aura from the people around Amy.

The old couple congratulated Amy upon Henry's declaration. Robert was still confused about what was going on. News about the operation, their overseas flight, and now Henry.

Robert was both happy and worried. Happy that finally, Amy found someone to share her life with. He is also worried that this man might be taking advantage of Amy's innocence since this is the first time he met him.

Robert, like his wife, extended his hand to Henry, "Let me introduce you to the kids. Henry, this is Jayson and Jena. Now be nice and say hello."

"Hello…" Jena timidly greeted him.

Henry touched Jena's head and smiled, "Don't be shy; you can call me Uncle Henry."

Jena looked up at Henry and smiled back, "Okay, Uncle Henry."

Jayson on the other hand was intensely staring at Henry. "You can't be Aunt Amy's boyfriend. I haven't seen you before. Men are supposed to court ladies first before they can be together." Jayson proudly exclaimed as he crossed his arms with chins high up.

Henry chuckled at how cute the boy looked. "Who told you that?"

"Uncle Ash, he said to treat ladies like a gentleman," Jayson replied.

Henry looked at Ash briefly, their eyes met. Henry can see how infuriated Ash is right now as he furiously glared at him.

Henry tousled Jayson's black hair and said, "You are a smart boy and you are correct. If you want a girl to like you back you must court her and be a gentleman but your Aunt Amy already likes me, she didn't give me a hard time in wooing her, so now we are together because we feel the same way for each other. Am I right, my love?" He then looked at Amy.

Amy was caught off guard by Henry's sudden question. She did not expect to be put in the spotlight right away. She gave Ash a quick glance, who was still glaring at Henry.

"Uhm… well… I think Jayson is still too young for that… why don't we eat what you have bought Henry? I am sure you are hungry after meeting Jayson's doctors." She started opening the food boxes as she tried to redirect the conversation.

"Yup, I'm famished. The meeting with the doctors took a while. Good thing, I was able to finalize everything and if all goes well, Jayson can take the flight on Tuesday," he explained to Alice and Robert.

He then asked Jayson, "Do you like airplanes?"

Jayson nodded.

"Perfect, I will lend you my plane and you can do whatever you like there," Henry said to Jayson.

Jayson's eyes are now sparkling with excitement after hearing it.

"Really? Thank you, Uncle Henry!"

He hugged Henry tightly. Jayson was completely thrilled. He cannot wait to get out of the hospital that has been his home for almost three years now.

Henry looked at Amy with his smug face before glancing at Ash. Henry was so proud of himself that he easily swayed the boy into liking him that easily. Ash clenched his fist which Amy saw and she can only imagine how hurt he must be. She can only shake her head at what Henry is doing.

Uncle Robert, who has now more lines on his forehead due to confusion asked Henry, "You talked to Jayson's doctors?"

"Yes I did," he replied tersely.

"But why? And why are we using your plane?" Uncle Robert's mind was full of questions, he was thankful for this blessing but he also could sense that all these are not free.

"I will be paying for everything. My plane is just sitting in the hangar collecting dust. But now that I have all of you in my life, it should be put to good use. I have a house near the hospital where Jayson will have his operation. I'm sure the workers there will be happy to have Jayson and Jena running around the house.

They have been bugging me for years to have children of my own that they can play with. So don't worry, I got you covered," he then pats Robert's shoulder to reassure him that everything's going to be alright.

Ash is not happy with what he is seeing right now. This man fully took over Amy's life. He was hurt, and his heart was shattered into pieces. He offered help to Amy multiple times but she insisted on earning money on her own, and now this is her solution.

He has so many questions for Amy but his thought is interrupted by Rei.

"Excuse me, Mr. Welsh, the new hires are here," Rei called out to Henry.

"Perfect timing, bring them in."

Henry was glad that Ash was present at that moment for him to see what he had in store for him to keep him away from Amy.

Three people then came into the room and Rei introduced each of them.

"Ms. Bell they will be your security team starting today. Dave is your driver/bodyguard while Ava and Mitch are your additional bodyguards."

The three slightly bowed at Amy and she nodded in return.

Ash cannot believe what's happening. He knows Henry and he never gave his previous girlfriends bodyguards and not even a driver, and he exactly knows why he is doing it now with Amy.

"Oh my, Amy you have bodyguards now, is there really a need for that?" Alice asked Henry.

"Yes, there is. So we can keep away 'unwanted' people from her. All I want is for her to be safe," Henry wrapped his arm around Amy's shoulder to bring her closer while looking at Ash.

Ash couldn't take Henry's swaggering anymore and the last thing he wants is to punch him in front of everyone.

"Amy I need to go, I need to meet my family for lunch," he made up an excuse to not look like a hurt and sad puppy backing out from a fight. He also said goodbye to the rest of Amy's family.

"I'll walk you out until the elevator," she looked at Henry to ask permission since she knew that he would not allow her to be with him alone, but to her surprise, he just nodded and signaled her bodyguards to go with her.

Ash did not speak a word while they were walking in the hospital corridor.

Amy decided to break the silence first. "Ash I am so sorry, I know that you are mad at me right now. I want to talk to you and please let me explain."

Ash sighed, as he couldn't say no to her. "Okay, but not now. Let me cool off then I'll contact you when I'm ready."

Amy nodded before Ash went into the elevator.

Everybody was already eating when Amy got back to Jayson's room. Henry and Amy stayed there for a few more hours discussing how the operation would go and where they would stay. Soon visiting hours are up and it's time for them to go home.

"Amy, can we talk to you before you go?" Robert asked.

"I'll wait in the car," Henry kissed Amy on her temple and decided to give them privacy for he knew the old couple must have so many questions for Amy.

"Dear, what is going on? Why is Henry paying for everything and how did he become your boyfriend?" Alice asked.

"Auntie Alice, Uncle Robert, please trust me on this. Henry is a good man, he will not hurt me. It's a long story. We met when we were young. His family was our regular customer in the café, don't worry about me okay?" She promised them.

The couple seems to be satisfied with her explanation, plus they don't want to pressure Amy into telling them her story when she is not yet ready to do so. Amy sighed in relief.

"I will also move to a house provided by our office so I can concentrate on my book plus it's nearer. You won't be at home anyway," Amy told them.

The couple did not question her anymore, she bid everyone goodbye and headed to Henry's car.

Henry introduced Amy to the butler and headmaid as soon as they arrived at his mansion. This is the first time that Amy will meet them since she was unconscious when Henry carried her into his room.

"Charles is the butler here. He served my family when my parents got married. Demi is the head maid, the one who dressed you last night," Henry grinned naughtily at Amy.

Amy hoped for the floor to swallow her whole, remembering how vulgar the nightdress she was wearing last night.

'Why does he have to remind me of that? This man really has a perverted mind,' she thought while seeing him enjoying teasing her.

Henry continued, "I will be on a business trip for two weeks starting Monday. Amy will live here from now on and I want you to assist her."

"Rest assured, we will do our best to help Ms. Bell," Charles, the butler replied.

"The room for Ms. Bell is ready Mr. Welsh," Demi stated to Henry.

Amy looked at Henry with questioning eyes. She was told by Henry that they would sleep in the same room, but now she suddenly has her own room.

"Good work. You can go back to your work; we'll go there on our own," Henry replied.

Henry held Amy's waist as he led her to her room.

"This is your room from now on. If you need anything just ask Charles or Demi."

Amy frowned at him, "But why? I thought I would stay in your room?"

Henry scratched the back of his head, unsure if he would say his circumstances to her or not. He hasn't told any of his previous women about his condition and he is scared that it will drive Amy away.

"It's torture for me to sleep next to you. Rather, I cannot sleep when you're next to me. My hands move by themselves when you're near me," he said.

He moved closer to her picked up a bunch of her hair and inhaled the scent of it.

"Your scent is so intoxicating, it makes me want to rip off your clothes and smell every part of you."

His left hand grabbed Amy's waist which made her gasp and his right hand landed on her face, his thumb caressing her lips.

Amy's heart is starting to go crazy. His every touch excites her and makes her heart beat faster. She had crushes before but the feeling is different with Henry. Henry makes her blood boil giving heat to her whole body and arousing her without any effort at all.

Henry sucked her lower lip; his kiss was gentle and quick. "Your lips… your tongue… your mouth tastes so sweet, it's addicting."

He let her go when Amy thought that they would do something wild on her bed this time. To her disappointment, Henry stepped back and said, "Those are reasons why you should have your own room."

He cupped her cheeks and gave her a gentle smile. "I don't want to rush you, Amy. I know myself, I wouldn't be able to hold back when you are so near me… alone in my bed."

He pinched her cheek and kissed her forehead. "Now rest for a while, I know you're tired, I'll call for you when dinner is ready. I'll just prepare some documents I need before going on a trip."

Amy nodded and led Henry to the door.

0