2. First Easy Battle
249 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So my spacecraft carrier is in a different location, huh? And it's too far away for you to connect there."

[Yes. For some unclear reason, I'm experiencing an offline system that is preventing our networks from connecting. However, I can sense a weak signal from it, but if we want to locate it, we need to get closer to (SENNA DS-30) to establish a connection.]

[I'm sorry, Commander.]

Crypto said with regret voice.

Hearing those words from an AI with some peculiar emotions felt strange to me. So Crypto also has feelings, huh?

"It's okay. At least we know that Sena is here, that's good information. Right, Satsuki?"

"Yeah, especially since Sena can also automatically go into stealth mode when I'm not around."

He replied with a shrug.

I don't have a problem with that because Genesis is also our main base for launching attacks.

"What's next?"

Satsuki asked as he spun around boredly in his pilot seat. Oh my, he still isn't taking this seriously.

Oh, you might be wondering why I'm not in the pilot seat. That's because I intentionally gave it to Satsuki. I prefer to sit as the gunner and navigator rather than piloting the aircraft, even though I'm better at it than him.

"Crypto, show us the list of ammunition and supplies we have in the cargo."

[Understood.]

The things I meant quickly appeared on the screen.

"Hmm.. All the ammunition, including torpedoes, are fully loaded. We have spare energy reactors for the aircraft. But where did that precious metal come from? Also, it seems like our food supplies will only last for a week. Okay, with this we need to resupply somewhere."

With that, our priority should be to replenish our food supplies.

"Let's find the nearest colony, then-"

[Unknown spacecraft approaching]

Before I could finish my sentence, the warning alarm sounded.

When I looked at the radar, I saw 3 blips approaching us, which were spacecraft. 

"See? I told you this is a classic novel development, they will definitely surround us after this."

Satsuki yawned as he leaned back in his seat, seeming to know what would happen next.

This man...

The ships stopped and surrounded us from different directions, just as Satsuki had predicted.

[Warning. Ships are scanning us]

Crypto warned.

"This is troublesome..."

I sighed and sat back in my seat, fastening my seatbelt.

With their scanning, it's certain that they know we're carrying valuable items. And what they're after is surely our precious metals.

Besides, who wouldn't be curious about a ship that stop in this space sector?

[Warning. Foreign ship has activated weapon systems and locked onto us. Commander, what should we do?]

"They must be pirates."

Suddenly activating weapons and pointing them at us is not something civilized people usually do.

Satsuki also became serious as he fastened his seatbelt and took control of the ship.

"Crypto, deploy weapon controls."

[Understood]

I also prepared myself by taking control of the main weapons. Actually, the weapon system can also be activated and used by the pilot, but it would divide their focus when flying and shooting during combat, and it would also only waste ammunition, so I let Satsuki handle the front weapons control while I controlled all the main weapons.

Our communication connected to the pirate ship.

"Well, well. Look at this spacecraft, very rare to see one stopped in the middle of nowhere."

"Hehehe, maybe its engine is broken?"

"How about we help you by carrying them? They must be very heavy."

And here it is, the classic line of third-rate thugs found in movies. I wonder how long they've been practicing it.

"Sorry, but that's not necessary. We were just preparing something earlier."

Hearing my voice, the pirates became excited.

"Wooh! Listen, guys, her voice is so sweet!"

"Hahaha, we're lucky. Hey miss, how about having some fun with us?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sure you'll be very satisfied with us."

Somehow, hearing their remarks referring to me made me angry.

"These bastards..."

Just wait, I'll blow you up when you get here!

"C-Calm down, Kanon. Let's face this calmly."

Satsuki said with a troubled smile and sweat on his forehead. It seems he's still traumatized by what happened earlier.

In the midst of my overflowing emotions, the three ships arrived and immediately revealed themselves after exiting Hyperdrive mode. The details of their ships quickly appeared on my monitor, showing the type of ships typically used for transporting cargo and not meant for battle. But these junkers had randomly attached weapon modules to them, making them look shoddy. Even though their cargo was of moderate size with adequate weaponry, they still looked like trash with their unstable appearance. As someone who appreciates aesthetics, it made me sick to see this. There were plenty of scratches and dents, clearly indicating that these ships had not been properly maintained.

"Hey, theire ship models look unfamiliar, any idea what it is?"

"No, it's my first time seeing them too."

In the mid of their discussion, I also scanned their ships to confirm if they're something dangerous but it just nothing to worry about.

"Scanning us, huh? Well, too bad. Now, hand over all the good things in your cargo and that woman if you don't want to die."

"These bastards... Satsuki, let's do it."

I had already hardened my resolve to destroy them, so I asked Satsuki to activate the ship's combat systems. Even with just a brief command, he could understand its meaning because we are gaming partners for a long time. Also he seemed to have no problem with killing people, perhaps. On second thought, he has been calm since earlier. I doubt his true mental state.

"Aye, aye, captain. The engines are fully operational, and the energy shields have fully enveloped the ship. I just need your command to move."

Let's give them a little warning, at least I don't want to slaughter people without some notice.

"You'd better surrender and come with me to the military base if you don't want to die, and I won't repeat this warning."

"What a joke, miss. Do you think a small ship can defeat the three of us?"

But it seemed like they were ignoring my warning. What else I can o?

"So that's your choice... Die peacefully then."

"This damn whore, still daring to be arrogant! Don't regret your decision!"

The pirate ships immediately launched a simultaneous attack on us.

"Satsuki."

"Okay!"

Satsuki reacted first by accelerating with the ship, which was already prepared for combat. By the way, it was previously explained that there was no significant difference in controlling this ship compared to the one in the game by Crypto. Satsuki had also tried it before and he agreed with a look of admiration.

"What?!"

"They're fast!"

I immediately activated the 4-barreled pulse laser weapons that protruded from the ship's side. All the weapons around the cockpit were open, both for medium and long-range. The cannon barrels also extended forward and looked very intimidating.

"What's with all those weapons?!"

Ballistic missiles were fired towards us, but Satsuki maneuvered skillfully, causing each missile from the three ships to collide and explode on themselves.

Satsuki continued to evade every incoming shot with difficult maneuvers, intentionally accelerating and decelerating the thrusters alternately. An ordinary person might vomit from this.

"How can they perform such strange moves?!"

Nah, actually I can shoot down those missiles, but it seems Satsuki can handle it. Besides, I want to hear the pirates' surprised voices before they die.

"Goodbye, all of you."

I press the button and dark blue lasers, surpassing the power of military weapons, shoot in sequence towards them and easily penetrate their energy shields and steel armor. A series of explosions occur, reaching the ship's hull and then heading towards the burning cockpit. Well, it's clear what happened to the people inside where their protection vanished in the empty space. Just thinking about it is terrifying.

"With just one attack!?"

Ignoring the terrified cries, I shoot the cannons again towards one of the pirate ships that wants to escape. Four laser pulses leap out of my four cannons.

"N-No, I don't want to die! DON'T-"

Our contact with the ship is cut off as the laser beam easily penetrates its energy shield and hits the ship's thrusters, followed by another laser hitting the cockpit area and exploding into various fragments.

"Don't run."

"N-No! Forgive me, I won't- Arg!!-"

The last ship also secretly tries to escape, thinking it won't win, but Satsuki has turned towards it, and I have locked onto it with my cannons, so it also dies tragically.

The battle ends easily. Their lasers and missiles didn't even scratch us. No, even before they arrived, they would have been stopped by our energy shield with 6 layers, and if that was somehow penetrated, the energy shield would quickly recharge, leaving the person shooting at us in despair.

I instruct Satsuki to stop and ask Crypto to deactivate all of our engines and weapons.

"Fuu! Haaaaaa... Haaaaaaa.... Haaaaaa..."

Satsuki seems to be out of breath as he tries to calm himself. It seems that controlling a real ship under intense pressure puts a heavy burden on him. Well, I'll ask him later if he wants to swap roles.

"Satsuki, are you okay?"

I unbuckle my seatbelt and stand up to approach him and check on his condition.

But he doesn't respond to my call.

"Satsuki, hey- Kyahh! What are you doing, you scoundrel..."

As I try to call him again, suddenly Satsuki unbuckles his seatbelt and hugs me tightly. I thought he was trying to do something inappropriate, but seeing his drenched in cold sweat and trembling body, I had to swallow my curse.

"I... I killed them..."

He says with a trembling voice.

Ah, I see. So he actually feels responsible. I thought he had accepted all these events by staying calm for a while, but it turns out he was just pretending. Moreover, suddenly being thrown into a battle situation must have made him very nervous, plus his naive nature creates guilt within him.

Me? I don't know why... I'm quite calm about this matter. There's nothing wrong with killing people who are threatening your life, especially if they're criminals.

Am I secretly losing my humanity? No, that's not possible. If that were the case, then I'll stop caring and stop worrying about my friend.

"Well, it's not you who shot them down, it was me. So you don't have to feel guilty."

"B-But still..."

"Don't burden yourself with unnecessary problems. If you keep doing that, you'll only drive yourself insane."

"...I understand."

It seems he's more calmer, and his body is stop trembling.

"Now can you step away from me?"

Satsuki is still hugging me.

"No, I still want to feel your chest- Khuak!"

I immediately punched his stomach without waiting for him to finish speaking, and Satsuki immediately fell onto hia chair, groaning.

I don't know why I regret worrying about him.

"At least hold back your punches a little... That hurt."

He complained.

"Harassing a girl deserves punishment."

"...But you used to be a boy."

"Yes. And unfortunately, I am a girl now. But I'll put this issue aside for now because there is something more important to do."

" I'm not sure if I should feel sorry for you or not. Because you seem to be enjoying it."

Is that so? I'm not entirely sure, but I've stopped being shaken by my physical changes. Maybe this is what they call quick adapting.

Afterwards, we gathered the salvageable remains from the pirates, such as their weapons with minimal damage, as well as food and drinks, using a smaller drone ship. We also retrieved data caches for information purposes. What? It's normal to plunder from them, especially since they are criminals.

"Ohh, our food supplies have increased with this, although their food is not ideal, it's okay. On the other hand, they also brought rare metals that we can sell."

I said while looking at the additional items.

"...."

Satsuki remained silent. He seemed either annoyed or didn't think it was a topic that needed further discussion.

By analyzing the data from the pirate ship, we finally learned our current location and the locations of space stations in the solar system we were in. It seems that the solar system we are in has abundant metal resources through asteroid mining, but they don't have many habitable planets here.

"Unfortunately, we don't have a map of the neighboring sectors. Well, we can arrange that later."

Moreover, we were given the bonus of the coordinates of the pirates' main base, which is already enough. With this, we can sell the information to the military base and gain a relatively large profit.

"Interesting, this is a good start."

"At least now we know where we are heading."

Satsuki replied.

"Yes. Now let's head to the nearest base. We need to gather more information."

"Yeah, yeah. You're such a forceful captain."

He sighed.

"Hmph, it's your own fault for being on my ship."

I replied with a slight grin.

I secretly feel lucky that I didn't get trapped alone. At least I have a conversation partner here.

"Come on, hurry up! Before I throw you out of the cockpit!"

"Aye aye, captain."

And with that banter, the Hyperdrive mode is activated. But before that, we direct the course towards the space station.

[Hyperdrive activated. Entering Hyperspace in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....]

The scenery in front of us stretches out. The stars that were once just specks of light turned into beams of light being pulled back.

Woah, so this is what it feels like to travel faster through dimensions, I'm quite excited about this. But Satsuki still seems nervous, holding onto the controls even though the ship is already in co-pilot mode. Let him be for now.

But come to think of it, the ship doesn't collide with debris or asteroids along the way. Perhaps the Hyperspace route has another dimension created? I don't know the exact concept. What's clear is that we will quickly reach our destination compared to Earth's primitive technology.

And I can't wait to see the space station.

I'm looking forward to it.

13