1. Descent of the Heavenly Interface
185 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People called it 'The Day of Awakening'.

 

Cultivators of higher order said it was 'the Celestial Convergence'. An event that brought the world as a whole closer to the heavens.

 

From the lowliest mortals living in the Tranquil Breeze Coast to the ancient Spirit Beasts of the Celestial Summit Plateau, everyone received the same message. All could see an array of words and understand their meaning and intent, regardless of their ability to perceive language and words.

 

WE ILLUMINATE THE PATH TO ASCENSION.

 

A mysterious magic, calling itself the Heavenly Interface, became a part of every entity's lives from then on.

 

The system within the Heavenly Interface is both intuitive and comprehensive, presenting one's cultivation progress in a clear and organized manner. It tracks one's skills, techniques, and breakthroughs, while also providing suggestions for improvements and new paths to explore in rare moments.

 

As for the notifications, they are timely and informative, alerting one to crucial moments in their cultivation journey. Whether it is the completion of a skill, the discovery of a new technique, or the impending arrival of a breakthrough, the notifications alert all who used it of their progress and potential pitfalls.

 

The Heavenly Interface serves as both a compass and a chronicle, guiding everyone on their individual cultivation path while documenting their achievements and experiences.

 

From there, the continent underwent a seismic shift.

 

Atop the Pillar of Ascension, a stone column pierced into the heavens, towering above the Heaven's Pillar Sect, a man wearing simple white clothing opened his eyes with mild surprise coloring his face. The jade pendant on his neck glowed dimly as Elder Li awoke. He looked over the message box, stroking his beard and humming lightly.

 

On a mental command, the Heavenly Interface reacted, showing him a variety of information. From the stage of cultivation, he was at, to the skills he had at his disposal. It only took a few seconds to adjust to the unique magic and its controls, but Elder Li still maintained a sense of caution and wonderment.

 

It wasn't often that the Sect Leader of the Heaven's Pillar Sect was caught off-guard.

 

"How curious! Heavenly Interface, is it?" He searched back in his mind, going back centuries to recall anything like it. But Elder Li couldn't find a thing. "Most frightening. It knows all about me, down to the last skill I possess."

 

Having his techniques, cultivation, and titles all displayed so prominently brought equal amounts of worry and eagerness. Looking down three-hundred li below to where the sect was, he could see a commotion in the usually tranquil grounds. Even through the clouds and snow, the man saw with such clarity it was as though he was right there by the gardens with the disciples and other elders. Elder Li guessed the events were interlinked in some way and decided to rise from his seated position.

 

"It's been terribly long since I last went down. I wonder what Junior Brother Huang has been up to these past few decades..." He mumbled to himself airily. The jade pendant glittered primly, unaffected by the harsh winds and below-freezing temperatures where the Elder cultivated with ease.

 

In the same way, many old monsters rose from their slumber and began to move with the Heavenly Interface's appearance.

 


 

Elsewhere, in the depths of the Jade Mist Valley, a group huddled together in quiet astonishment at the message before them. They were dirty and haggard, and many of them possessed weapons of questionable quality. They had broken from their usual routine of raiding caravans down the trade routes.

 

"Leader Wei, it's not a trick, is it?" One of them said, turning to their superior with uncertainty and hope in their eyes.

 

A man with a scarred upper lip and short brown hair, looked intensely at the Heavenly Interface. His face broke out into a smile, like a child who had found a new toy to play with. Wei's heart wanted to leap out of his chest.

 

"This is no trick." He spoke to the group as a whole, commanding their attention. His aura leaked out slightly, making the battle-hardened bandits shiver in fear. "This is an opportunity."

 

"But if everybody has it..." One of them spoke hesitantly. He seemed reproachful of the Heavenly Interface, thinking about its implications for the world as a whole.

 

"So what if everyone does? We can use it better. This tool, it'll be what takes us from mountain bandits to something bigger."

 

Leader Wei's enthusiasm was palpable. Even the men who enjoyed the system's clear and crisp view of their cultivation progress didn't understand why he was so overjoyed.

 

"If we use this right, that Mist Serpent is no longer a threat to us! Think! Do you think a beast can hold a candle to a group with this? Our name will spread, and I will cement myself as the Crimson Gale when we separate its head from its shoulders!"

 

They mulled it over for a second and realized it was true. Given the ability to cultivate at a faster pace with the Heavenly Interface's support, defeating the legendary Spirit Beast of Jade Mist Valley wouldn't be a pipe dream.

 

"Let's not waste any more time! We'll arm ourselves, and once I've reached the peak of the Spirit Ascension stage, that wretched serpent won't stand a chance."

 

His laugh echoed over the hills. Wei of the Crimson Gale knew that the Heavenly Interface would be the key to unlocking his full potential.

 

Together, the Ravaging Tempests hastened their efforts under their leader's guidance. They knew that so long as they followed Leader Wei, they would succeed.

 


 

The Emerald Spirit Forest was a vast expanse of lush greenery and mystical energy that drew many cultivators from all over the continent. With a high affinity for nature and life energies, the province was home to many Spirit Beasts; perhaps the most famous of them all, the World Tree.

 

It had stood tall for centuries. There to witness the rise and fall of kingdoms, sects, and empires throughout history. Sometimes, it was even the catalyst for such events.

 

The World Tree was five-hundred li in diameter, and it pierced the clouds with ease, seemingly with no end. A colossal monument to the ancient world. The branches stretched out like the arms of a benevolent deity, providing shelter and nourishment to all who sought them out. Its leaves shimmered with a vibrant, otherworldly green. Its roots seemed to hold the very fabric of the province together.

 

For years it had laid dormant. And in a way, it was for the best. Whispers from the locals claimed that every time it was roused, a major event occurred. Whether it was a boon or disaster, the World Tree's awakening was synonymous with the turning wheels of fate.

 

So it was no surprise that the Heavenly Interface's descent made the entity stir from its slumber. It was subtle, but the presence could be felt throughout the province. The deep, resonant hum of energy made the Emerald Spirit Forest abuzz with activity.

 

'A connection to the world itself...the very essence of cultivation that permeates all living beings...'

 

It took some time to absorb the information it saw and felt. The World Tree could feel the emotions, the flourishing sects, and cities in turmoil. Even the Spirit Beasts that called the Emerald Spirit Forest their home were intrigued by the magic box.

 

'This Heavenly Interface...' The World Tree intoned. Some beings could hear the ancient being's voice, like a whisper in the back of their heads. Cultivators who frequented the area would go on to claim the World Tree was responsible for the Celestial Convergence, hearing its introspection from wherever they were. 'It will bridge the gap between mortal and celestial.'

 

It observed the civilians on their land experimenting with the system. The bewilderment transformed into something more, as they realized that the faraway stories of cultivators and defying the heavens weren't as distant anymore.

 

'But it shall also bring chaos and destruction. Those who seek to exploit this power...'

 

It knew the power would be used for many good deeds, as well as many evil ones. From mortal to cultivator, those who brimmed with greed and ambition outnumbered those who sought to use the Heavenly Interface for pure reasons.

 

The energy in the air seemed to thicken as the World Tree processed and interpreted the Heavenly Interface's purpose, as well as its role in the grand scheme of events. A few cultivators who used the branches of the World Tree to meditate suffered as the ancient being gathered its power to swear an ancient oath. Like an avalanche, it was inevitable. The World Tree was far from a being that could be challenged; it was a force of nature given sentience.

 

'I will strike them down myself if it comes down to it.'

 

The powerful voice faded not too long afterward. The World Tree knew its time had yet to come. It prepared itself for slumber once again, but it couldn't help but ask one more thing before it fell asleep.

 

'What great force could have brought the Heavenly Interface into existence?'

 


 

Kai was not pondering the mysteries of the universe, nor was he engaged in an epic battle or deep meditation.

 

Instead, he was knee-deep in the dirt, tending to his small garden with great care. With a watering can in one hand and a hoe in the other, he whistled a cheerful tune as he watered the plants and removed weeds. His face, tanned slightly by the constant work under the sun, playfully mimicked the exaggerated demeanor and speech of the cultivators in the stories he read daily, talking to himself with an air of arrogance and condescension.

 

"Hah, you dare to encroach upon my territory, little weed? You're courting death!" Kai declared dramatically, plucking a weed from the soil and tossing it aside.

 

He continued his performance, pretending to be an all-powerful cultivator addressing a lowly junior. "Kneel before me, lowly plant, and kowtow to acknowledge my superiority! Only then shall I bestow upon you the blessings of water and sunlight!"

 

With a smirk, Kai gently poured water onto the plants, nurturing them with the life-giving liquid. "Heavenly Elixir of Life, descend upon these humble beings and grant them the strength to grow and flourish!"

 

Little did he know that his life was about to change forever and that he would soon be thrust into a world of celestial beings, monstrous cultivators, and the enigmatic Heavenly Interface.

 

And so, in the most unassuming and unexpected of circumstances, our story begins with Kai, the gardener, who would one day walk the path to greatness in a world forever changed by the descent of the Heavenly Interface.

7