Eighteen
470 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, it was the morning of the day after the fight and I was continuing the fusion process. It had been 8 hours since I began, and I planned to push the final amount in one session to finish the fusion process. Also, I told Raven about what went down last night and she was just as surprised as I was, Bruce had been very thorough in hiding the fact that he had a child, me.

Raven and I spoke for a few hours, and her opinion of Bruce wasn't good after finding out about my life and his reasons for doing as he did, she didn't like how Bruce left me alone, and while I found it cute that she was mad for me I told her not to worry about it. I was who I was because of my experiences, if Bruce raised me I would've been a different person.

After talking for a while Raven fell asleep, she was still tired from the fight and only stayed awake for me and while she slept I got to work, I needed to finish the fusion process quickly, I didn't want to wait another four days so I decided to push through the time I had left which was around 20 hours now.

While continuing the fusion I thought of many things as I usually do but most of my thoughts returned to the man who was apparently my father and the woman who was apparently my mother, I was unsure how to feel about them. Granny was the person I considered my mother but she was planted to take care of me by Bruce which held significance.

My mind was more on the side of 'whatever, it's surprising but who cares' than 'Ugh, I hate them', like I once said, I wasn't a child, I was fine being alone but now my supposed parents had entered my life and I wasn't sure how I was supposed to act or handle it.

Was I supposed to be angry with Bruce for not being there? Was I supposed to be mad at Granny for not being the genuine caring grandmother I thought she was? Was I supposed to let Bruce walk into my life as if nothing had happened? Was I supposed to give him a chance at being the father I never had? I had no clue, I was as confused as I could be.

It was a weird feeling being confused and unsure what to do again, after taking the Limitless pill I hadn't experienced such a thing, everything regarding my mind was easy but once emotions came into play not even the mental boost the Limitless pill gave me could help, I was back to square one.

~ 8 hours later ~

"I'm gonna get some books, I'll be back in a bit." Raven said into my ear before kissing my cheek and leaving the room.

The previous eight hours were spent just as before, continuing the fusion process which was going well, it was only a matter of time until I finished the evolution of my bones.

In truth, I felt that the closer I got to completing the fusion the closer I got to achieving something important in my journey as the successor of the void which was an odd title in itself. I was technically the successor of the void but outside of the mark I had nothing to really stick to that title, I wasn't a weaker version of the outsider who wasn't human, I was a human who had the mark like others did previously but without the Outsider himself to help me succeed the void I didn't even know where to start.

The void wasn't a simple thing, it was the beginning of everything as well as the end of everything, I couldn't simply become the Outsider randomly even though I was the successor to the void, so I needed to figure out the second step to actually succeed the Outsider and I felt like these new bones of mine were the first step to doing so.

~ 10 hours later ~

I grit my teeth in pain as my body heated up so much I was smoking, I felt like there was lava running rampant through my body but I couldn't be loud, Raven was sleeping.

I had just finished the last part of the fusion cycle and immediately after I finished I felt a refreshing feeling envelope my body but moments later it did a complete 180. My body began to heat up rapidly as smoke rose from my body. I clutched my body tightly while gritting my teeth so hard they bled, it hurt like a bitch but I wouldn't make a sound while Raven slept, if she woke up with me like this I'm certain her reaction wouldn't be good.

I'm unsure how much time passed as I bore with the pain but eventually, it came to a complete halt and I was now lying on the ground with sweat covering my entire body while enjoying the feeling of my magic capacity growing by the second, my calculation was right, the void skeleton pumped void energy into my body passively.

'I've eliminated one of the negatives of an Adamantium skeleton.' I said inwardly knowing that those who manipulated metal couldn't affect my bones any longer as I let my claws out which were now a shiny pitch black, similar to obsidian.

[System incentive complete]

[Does the host accept the reward?]

'Yeah.' I replied to the system knowing for certain that I had finished the system incentive and gained the Void Skeleton.

Immediately upon accepting the reward, I felt something happen within me but it wasn't within my body, it felt deeper than that and the only guess I could have was that the reward affected my soul itself. Like any one of my abilities given by the system I instinctively knew how to use the voidwalker ability, I knew how to enter the void and it wouldn't be too long before I entered.

'Let's give it a shot.' I said as I stood up.

Immediately upon wanting to use the voidwalker ability I disappeared from the room where Raven slept and appeared standing on top of a black rock while my surroundings were dull with little light. In the sky was a single light that lit up everything but it was blocked out by the fragments of broken and shattered things floating around everywhere, I was finally here, in the void.

In front of me was a staircase with grey statues littered upon it, and with how curious I was about the place I walked up the stairs before looking closely at the states but soon found nothing particularly significant about them, they appeared to be regular humans.

(Image of the staircase and statues)

ddt

Done with my first stop I began making my around all of the floating fragments that the void held by using blink. Some places looked cool, many times I found statues of people doing odd things but other times I found grand and majestic palaces just floating about, the void was filled with everything I ever imagined and I found myself inexplicably attracted to it.

"What's that?" I said aloud as I looked at a floating fragment in the distance, on it was a staircase that led up to a light, that wasn't regular in the void, no it was an anomaly.

(Image of staircase to the light)

ddt

Using blink I rapidly approached the staircase before soon arriving and upon doing so I was unsure of what to think. I was looking at a bright ball and I had no clue what it was for, I seriously doubted it was simply to illuminate the staircase as it had been. Raising my hand some I reached out for the ball and stopped near its surface to check its temperature but I felt no heat from it so I continued and placed my hand under it so that I could pick it up but something completely else happened.

"What the fuck?" I said as I landed inside a big room that was painted golden and red with a big golden throne that held a woman and a child.

'Jessamine Kaldwin?' I said inwardly as I looked at the spooked woman while a familiar face charged at me with cold eyes.

(Image of Jessamine Kaldwin)

ddt

'Corvo...' I said inwardly as I saw the Royal Bodyguard of the Empress run at me while the Empress herself held onto her daughter, Emily Kaldwin.

(Image of Corvo Attano)

ddt

(Image of Emily Kaldwin)

ddt

We were the only ones in the room so I didn't need to take into consideration the other guards located within the castle so now only the markless Corvo was left, and the reason I call him markless is because the Empress was still alive, he didn't get the mark until after.

I wasn't surprised the man was attacking me, it was his job to and if we take into consideration that he has a romantic relationship with the Empress and that Emily was his daughter it makes sense that he was attacking me, the intruder.

-----

[System Incentive]

Task - Defeat Corvo Attano in a fight within 5 seconds.

Reward - Niko Style Martial Arts.

-----

'That's a good reward.' I said to myself knowing I wanted it.

"I don't know how you got in here but I suggest not resisting, it'll end better for you that way." Corvo said as he swung his fist at me which I easily dodged.

If I had fought Corvo before the system became active in my life I wouldn't had a hard time defeating him but now that wasn't the case, with the effects of the Limitless pill alone I would've been able to defeat him but now after all of my system rewards Corvo stood no chance, especially since he didn't have his mark.

Dodging the bodyguard's attack easily I grabbed onto the man's arm faster than he could see before spinning his wrist causing him to lose balance and fall down on his ass while his back faced me, a disappointing fight to have with a master assassin but that was this was all the current Corvo could provide, he didn't have the mark, he wasn't driven by endless revenge, he didn't lust after the blood of his enemies, at this point he was far weaker than the version of him after Jessamine's death.

Corvo let out a small growl as he grit his teeth and tried to pull away from my grip but to no avail, he was far too weak for that.

[System incentive complete]

[Does the host accept the reward?]

'Yes.' I replied immediately before knowledge of the Niko Style began to fill my head.

'Amazing.' I said inwardly holding in my smile, this Martial Arts was better than mine by leaps and bounds.

"Please stop!" Jessamine shouted as she stood in front of her daughter.

Now most Empresses would never say please to another person but this Empress was the kind who would, she was well known for her kindness and benevolence so asking me to stop politely was something she didn't mind doing.

I didn't have ill intent upon arriving here so I released Corvo before kicking him lightly sending him toward his lover and daughter.

"Corvo!" The Empress shouted as she ran to Corvo before kneeling to the ground and helping him up.

"For what reason have you come here?" Corvo asked with a face that told me he was ready to die protecting the two behind him.

"Believe it or not, it was on accident." I replied nonchalantly, I was more focused on the connections I was feeling, I sensed that I could return to the void at any moment as well as back to my room in DC.

'How convenient.' I said feeling that once I returned to the void or DC I would still be able to come here if I wanted, this world could be used for a lot of things.

"An accident? A man appears in the Empress's throne room. I doubt that." Corvo said clearly unbelieving about my words.

"I don't need you to believe me, as I said it was an accident so I'll be leaving now." I said before continuing.

"I look forward to our next meeting." I said before returning to my room by using my voidwalker ability, I would explore more later.

To be continued...

28