Twenty-Two
501 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week since I began my training with Bruce and Diana which has proved useful. My training with Bruce has been the same since the first day, he didn't interact with me much but that didn't bother me since my emotional control was improving quickly but I did have something working against me, my Hanma bloodline.

My Hanma bloodline has been evolving just as my feral gene did and the result of that was the increased desire to fight but although it was getting stronger I wasn't having a hard time with it since I was improving my control faster than the bloodline was evolving.

Outside of the desire to pummel people my Hanma bloodline offered way more benefits than negatives, one improvement was my talent, everything Diana taught me I got down in moments and that left the woman surprised more often than she enjoyed.

My instincts also began to increase as well, I was sharp, way sharper than any human could be. The combined effect of my feral genes and the Hanma bloodline was astounding, and to put it into action I would put it like this, even with my eyes closed I could still 'see' everything within a 100-meter radius and this was without using my spider sense.

Another thing was that I could now smell strength as weird as that sounded. Everyone has a very unique smell under all of the soap, deodorant, and perfume that they wear, and with that unique scent comes a smell, the smell of strength, and with that smell I can determine how strong a person is in comparison to myself.

My muscles were in a constant state of change as well, they were building up and becoming more compact, especially the ones on my back, I was slowly but surely building the Demon back.

Although all of this was important the most important thing that happened was the new system incentive I got.

-----

[System Incentive]

Task - Gain Bruce Wayne's acknowledgment of your emotional control.

Reward - Absolute Gene Lock

-----

Gene lock would do exactly what it said, lock my genes, and that meant nobody would be able to decode my genes and create things from them. There would never be a clone of me or someone using my blood for whatever crazy thing they could.

Also, Raven and I had begun dating officially and to be honest I found the conversation pretty funny, by the end of it I knew she was just as passionate about me as I was about her.

~ Flashback no Jutsu! ~

"What do you think about being my girlfriend?" I asked Raven after an hour of cuddling while watching TV.

Raven looked at me with an off expression before responding.

"We're already dating." Raven said as she tightened her grip around me before continuing.

"Do you think I would do the things we do without dating? The moment we took each other's first kiss was the moment we started dating, we can't separate and we won't." Raven said as she crawled up my body before placing herself directly above me and looking down at me with an expression devoid of any emotion, she was dead serious.

"Are you tired of me?" Raven said from above me.

'How did she jump to that conclusion?' I asked myself as I looked at the beauty above me, I asked what she thought about being my girlfriend but here she was asking me if I was tired of her.

"No." I replied matching her seriousness, I knew this was important to her.

As soon as my words came out a bright smile appeared on the face of the usually passive Raven before she leaned down quickly and placed her lips on mine before kissing me aggressively, she was clearly very happy.

~ End of flashback ~

And that's was how Raven and I became an official couple, cool right? Yeah, I know but for now I had to focus on the woman in front of me, Diana.

"You're making progress quickly, Daud." Diana said with an emotionless face as she helped me up from the ground.

"Thanks." I replied with a smile as our hands connected.

Diana and I had a weird relationship, we were teacher and student but there was more to it than that but neither of us had come out and spoken about it. We had a connection I was sure of that but I was also sure something was missing from it and that was the reason it wasn't as solid as mine and Raven's were, I was missing something that would connect me fully to Diana.

"How has your relationship with Bruce progressed?" Diana asked as we walked toward the table outside where we usually ate lunch together.

Diana had come out of her shell much more with me, she was fine speaking with me when people weren't around and I couldn't help but be happy with that progress, we didn't immediately fall into each other's hands as I did with Raven but Diana and I were making progress as regular people do, or maybe I was completely overthinking it, that would suck.

"It hasn't, he speaks a few words when we meet and a few words before we separate." I replied as I sat down beside the cold beauty, Diana.

"I see." Diana said as she bit into the burger that was prepared by Diana herself.

"Well, I don't try to speak with him either, so it's mutual." I said before biting into the burger Diana made for me.

Diana didn't reply immediately and instead opted to finish chewing her burger with her eyes closed.

"Do you wish to have a father-son relationship with Bruce?" Diana asked me.

"No." I replied truthfully.

"I see, then you can only let fate take its course." Diana said before before continuing.

"But your mother, she is different from Bruce, she will try to be the mother she wanted to be." Diana said seriously as I arched an eyebrow while chewing my burger.

"That so?" I replied after swallowing my food.

"Mhm, she was very excited to be a mother and it was rather surprising to me when Bruce said she agreed to send you away while she was on a mission." Diana said.

I didn't respond and instead bit into my burger again, I wasn't sure how to respond to Diana's words, parents were so complicated.

"We'll see." I said.

"Mhm." Diana hummed in response as she continued eating.

Diana and I sat close to each other at a table that gave us a view of the ocean silently for a while until we had finished eating.

"Let's continue." Diana said as we both finished our food before standing up.

Knowing it was now time to get back to training I stood up while following behind Diana and as usual looked at her ass which was growing more enticing by the day, Diana was the epitome of mature beauty, even with my enhanced sight I hadn't found even the smallest missed detail.

"Do you like it so much that you must look every day?" Diana asked me as we came to a stop at our training area.

"Yeah." I replied as I looked down at the expressionless woman, I knew a shrug wouldn't get me out of this one.

"Don't get me wrong, I don't stare at every woman like I do you but I feel a co-" I said as I was about to bring our incomplete connection into the conversation but was interrupted.

"Don't say it." Diana said before continuing.

"You can look all you want, but do not say what you were about to say." Diana said seriously as she looked up into my eyes.

It was now that I was certain Diana felt our incomplete connection but different from me she didn't seem to accept it, the interest we both had in each other was there but she clearly conflicted.

"Do you understand?" Diana said seriously which slightly annoyed me, something deep within me didn't like being denied by her, I've been rejected by girls in my first life so I wasn't annoyed by that, I wouldn't get annoyed if it was some random woman but Diana wasn't a random woman to me.

"We'll have to talk about it eventually, Diana." I said as my face became as serious as hers.

"No, we do not." Diana said as she balled her hands.

"Yes, we do." I replied growing more annoyed at her denial, it hurt more than I'd like to admit, it hurt more than when I asked out my childhood friend in high school and she rejected me, I had loved that girl since I was a boy and even that didn't hurt as much it did when Diana denied our connection.

"I think that's enough training for today." I said with an annoyed expression as I turned around and began walking back to the base while ignoring Diana who was staring at me intently until I entered the building.

To be continued...

25