Part 1
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the embrace of a forest bathed in the soft hues of dawn, a lone figure awoke, shrouded in humble brown rags. Rising from the mossy bed, his bare feet met the cool earth beneath. His raven-black hair dancing in the soft breeze with piercing green eyes surveying the area. 

As he ventured along a gray dirt path through the silent woods, the ground beneath him begun to tremble. The disturbance caused him to abruptly spin around, revealing a large, dark green troll charging toward him. The creature brandished a formidable wooden club, it’s massive frame draped in nothing but a crude brown loincloth. Sharp teeth protruded from a feral snarl, and it’s eyes, vacant and white, hinting at a primal malevolence. The forest's tranquility shattered as this formidable adversary closed in. 

“W-WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!? He cried out in utter panic. With quick reflexes, he dove out of the way just as the monster’s club came down, shaking the forest with it’s immense strength. The impact echoing through the air, leaves scattering in the aftermath, as the lone traveler narrowly avoided the troll's crushing blow. 

The young man’s mind raced as he attempted to flee, filled with desperation. However, his escape was abruptly halted when the troll swiftly blocked his path with the giant club in one hand. Before he could react, the creature's massive hand closed around him, lifting him from the ground. Suspended in the troll's grasp, he could feel himself overwhelmed with anxiety. (I just awoke in this world…and already I’m about to die…what cruel fate is this?) Driven by sheer survival instinct, he bit the troll's hand with all his strength, a desperate attempt to free himself. Yet, to his horror, he realized his attack only healed the brute. The troll's hand, instead of being harmed, began to mend. The paradox of his abilities unfolded in a cruel twist, intensifying the young man's sense of helplessness as he grappled with the grim reality of healing the very creature that threatened his existence. 

“It-healed him!? T-there’s no way!” The dark-haired man, driven by desperation, bit down once more, only to witness the monster being healed once again. A mixture of shock and disbelief struck him as he cried out, his voice echoing through the tense air: “HOW!? HOW CAN ATTACK ONLY HEAL!?” The very essence of his magic seemed to defy reason, thrusting him deeper into the already hopeless situation. 

In response, the troll's laughter erupted with a deep, powerful resonance that shook the surrounding trees. It’s mocking voice cutting through the air as it taunted the human for the futility of his efforts. “Pathetic creature, healing the very doom you face. Your magic betrays you, rendering you powerless” the troll bellowed. 

As the dark-haired man struggled in the troll's grip, the monstrous creature revealed its sinister intentions. "Your healing capabilities will come in handy for my fellow monsters" it sneered, dragging the bound healer deeper into the forest before soon entering a dark foreboding cave. Inside, the cavern teemed with dozens of goblins and fellow trolls, all reaching out with hungering hands to grab at the helpless captive. The echoing laughter of the monstrous horde drowned out any plea for mercy, and the man found himself surrounded by a horde of sadistic monsters… 

CHAPTER 1 A Dark Beginning 

The human slowly opened his weak and blood-shot eyes, awakening chained against the walls of the goblin cave. The dark-haired man found himself in what could only be described as an utter nightmare. His once modest rags were now torn, his body bore the scars of relentless attacks from goblins and trolls. Dried blood clung to his skin, a grim testament to the constant torment inflicted upon him by the sadistic horde that surrounded him in the lightless abyss. The air hung heavy with the stench of despair as the man faced the harrowing consequences of his dark and twisted fate. 

Weakly, he choked out: "H-heal" his body illuminated with a faint green light that offered a slight relief to some of his injuries before the aura faded. The pitiful attempt at healing amidst the darkness underscored the cruel irony of his abilities, a small glimmer of hope in the face of unrelenting suffering. 

As he laid there, a goblin approached, it’s grotesque grin revealing sharp, blood stained teeth. Without hesitation, it sank it’s fangs into the man's arm. The physical contact triggering an involuntary response, healing not the man, but the goblin. The grotesque scene unfolded, emphasizing the twisted nature of his healing powers—a cruel symbiosis where his healing magic was so powerful, physically touch was enough to heal a living creature. The goblin, rejuvenated by the act, sneered at it it’s weakened captive, reveling in the perverse cycle of agony and recovery. 

As he lay there, a goblin approached, its grotesque grin revealing sharp, blood-stained teeth. Without hesitation, it sank its fangs into the man's arm. The physical contact triggered an involuntary response, healing not the man, but the goblin. The grotesque scene unfolded, emphasizing the twisted nature of his healing powers—a cruel symbiosis where his healing magic was so powerful, physical touch alone could mend a living creature. The goblin, rejuvenated by the act, sneered at its weakened captive, reveling in the perverse cycle of agony and recovery. 

He could feel himself slowly losing consciousness… only to be awakened by the sadistic cries of panicking goblins. The sounds of an adventurer party echoed through the cave, their presence unmistakable near the entrance. As the man regained consciousness, the impending clash between the sadistic goblins and the unsuspecting adventurers, filled the poor healer with a small light of hope, pleading that the adventurers find him. 

Amidst the chaos, the distinct sound of a sword echoed through the cave, accompanied by arrows of pink mana faintly seen off in the distance. The clash of steel and the magical aura, signaled the onset of a battle. A faint but reassuring hope for the healer, who clung to the hope that the adventurers might be his salvation in this twisted and malevolent cave. 

In the heart of the skirmish, the leader of the adventurer party emerged—a tall red-haired man with orange eyes, dressed in a black cloak and wielding a shiny steel sword. With unparalleled speed, he moved past the goblins, his blade piercing through the monsters with effortless precision. Each swing of the sword painted an elegant dance of death as the adventurer carved a path through the horde, leaving only a trail of green blood and corpses,  showcasing a mastery that left the goblins in disarray. 

“Heh, these guys aren’t so tough, it’s sad that even large numbers isn’t giving them any advantage” The young adventurer mocked. Just then, the magic caster of the group appeared—a young girl  in a white and green robe with long purple hair and pink eyes. 

Wielding a bow made of pure pink mana, she skillfully fired an arrow right at a goblin lunging for the party leader. The arrow found it’s mark, piercing through the creature's skull in a gush of green blood, halting its advance. 

The magic caster sighed audibly, a groan escaping her lips. "Captain, you shouldn't get so careless in times like this" She snapped, her voice carrying a mix of concern and frustration. 

In response, the third member of their group stepped into the fight—a tall, muscular man with short brown hair, green eyes, and light leather armor. A berserker by nature, a dark-red aura surged around his body as he charged straight through the horde of goblins. His frenzied assault leaving a trail of destruction. A whirlwind of primal rage cutting through the chaos with unmatched ferocity. 

With each swing of his powerful limbs, the berserker unleashed a bloody ballet of violence, crushing goblin skulls with his bare hands, stepping on fallen foes, and smashing two monsters together in a burst of blood. He reveled in the savagery of combat. The air was thick with the scent of blood as he pierced through the goblin horde, leaving behind a scene of carnage that mirrored the berserker's unbridled brutality. 

Amidst the chaotic brutality, a smirk formed across his blood-soaked face as he flexed his muscles, taunting the weak monsters before him. "Is this all you've got, you pathetic creatures?" he sneered, his voice dripping with disdain. The berserker reveled in the violence, relishing the opportunity to showcase his strength. With each taunt and flex, he exuded the overpowering aura of a predator reveling in the midst of it’s prey, a cruel spectacle that sent shivers through the remaining goblins, now faced with a force more monstrous than they could ever be. 

At that moment, a large gray troll, unphased by the gruesome onslaught, let out a deafening roar, charging straight for him. The berserker clenched his fist as the blood-red aura grew brighter, his muscles expanding and pulsating with unrestrained power. A sadistic grin spread across his face as the red aura surged around him like red flames. The troll threw a punch right at him, only for the sadistic adventurer to rip off the monster's arm in a brutal display. Blood splattered across the cave walls, painting a vivid image of unbridled savagery. 

The purple-haired archer grew concerned, as she asked if they should stop him. Their leader, watching from a few meters away, assured her it was fine. “Don’t worry Sakura, I'm used to seeing our big guy go berserk. He has a skill called: “Berserker mode”, it causes his body to become overly muscular with all his stats multiplied. However, in exchange for such immense power, he grows far more aggressive to the point he’ll do whatever he can to win the fight...no matter how gruesome” 

As all the goblins and trolls slowly backed away in utter fear, the berserker took a step forward. His single step shook the entire cave as he slowly raised his hands up, clapping them together. The monstrous clap caused all monsters' ears to burst, blood running from their ears as they were knocked out, leaving the cavern in an eerie silence. 

The poor healer felt the shockwave rush past him as his ears began to ring violently. He coughed out: “H-heal" using his healing magic to mend the damage inflicted by the berserker's devastating attack. The once deafening ringing in his ears, now rested in an uneasy hush. 

That’s when the Knight and mage noticed the young man chained to the wall, struggling to stay conscious. The duo adventurers rushed over. Sakura, the purple-haired mage, demanded him to drink a potion she pulled out from her robe to heal while the red-haired leader stood beside her. The healer, weakened and battered, reluctantly accepted the aid, the healing potion bringing a welcome relief to his battered form. 

A tear ran down the healer's face as all his wounds were healed, he could finally feel again, the numbing pain replaced with a sensation of renewal and gratitude. Overwhelmed with emotion, he fell to his hands and knees, frantically thanking them with tears streaming down his face. “THANK YOU! I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT'S BEEN!...THEY USED MY HEALING MANA TO HEAL THEMSELVES WHILE JUST LEAVING ME HERE TO SURVIVE ON MY HEALING MAGIC ALONE!" 

The party leader spoke with a warm tone, his smile comforting him: "No need to thank us. We couldn't leave someone in that condition. We're adventurers after all, we do what we can for those who can’t defend themselves" The healer, still shaken but now embraced by a newfound camaraderie, felt a glimmer of hope in the midst of the dark cave that had become his temporary hell. 

The red-haired swordsman extended a hand to help the healer up, " Allow me to introduce myself, I am Benimaru, leader of the Crimson Knights" 

Sakura chimed in, her voice filled with slight disinterest: "I'm Sakura, mage of the Crimson Knights. Hopefully you’ve finished your little crying session" Despite Sakura's indifferent introduction, Benimaru smiled reassuringly at the healed healer. "What's your name?" 

The healer, slowly rising to his feet, wiped away the last traces of tears and steadied himself. "My name is Kazuka" he replied, his voice carrying a mix of gratitude and shyness.  Just then, the berserker of their party turned towards them, the remaining monsters now reduced to nothing but a pile of bleeding limbs. 

The power of berserker mode had taken over the brute's mind, leaving a chilling silence in the aftermath of the relentless onslaught. The Crimson Knights, including Kazuka, now faced the challenge of dealing with the out-of-control man. 

Sakura couldn't help but groan, "I told you this would happen  Benimaru! That idiot always overuses his berserker skill" The frustration in her voice echoed the concern that lingered among the party members. Now, they needed to find a way to subdue the berserker without getting crushed by the monstrous brute. 

Benimaru acknowledged the urgency of the situation, "We need to put a stop to Tomara before he has a chance to kill us!" Sakura, manifesting her pink mana bow, groaned in response, ready to assist in restraining their uncontrollable comrade. The atmosphere now turned tense as the Crimson Knights faced the challenge of dealing with their own formidable ally. 

Tomara the berserker, smiled sadistically, his eyes glowing red as he towered over them. His muscles pulsated from the overflowing power of berserker mode. Speaking down to them he taunted: "You weaklings think you can stop me? I'll crush anyone who dares to stand in my way...your hearts shall be torn from your very torso!" The once-friendly comrade now embodied a force of uncontrollable strength. 

In response, Benimaru aimed his blade towards Tomara, his expression now serious. Sakura, manifesting her pink mana bow, fired mana arrows at the monstrous tank. In response, Benimaru aimed his blade towards Tomara, his expression now serious. Sakura, manifesting her pink mana bow, fired mana arrows at the monstrous tank. 

The red-haired swordsman turned to Kazuka, "Keep healing me as best you can while I get in close" Kazuka hesitated for a moment but nodded as Benimaru rushed towards Tomara, his cloak billowing in the wind. 

Tomara smirked, seemingly unaffected by the barrage of magic arrows striking his throbbing stature. Benimaru gripped his blade, sending a fierce slash right for the tank. However, to everyone's shock, Tomara brought the blade to a sudden stop with merely his index finger, showcasing the overwhelming strength of the berserker. Blood dripped from the sadistic warrior’s finger as he remained unaffected by the slight wound.

With a sadistic grin, Tomara pulled Benimaru closer by his sword, gripping both sides of his leader's skull, attempting to crush it in his hulking grip. The dire situation unfolded, but just as Tomara's hands tightened, Kazuka aimed his hand towards Benimaru, cloaking him in a healing veil of green magic. “Healing aura!” The healing mana surged, countering the berserker's brutal assault, and providing a glimmer of hope for the Crimson Knights

The berserker, noticing Kazuka keeping the struggling knight alive with his healing magic, tossed Benimaru across the cave, setting his sights on the young healer. Kazuka found himself the target of Tomara's overwhelming rage.

Enraged, Tomara bellowed, his voice echoing through the cavern with a tone of overwhelming rage and dominance: "You think your feeble healing magic can save you, little maggot? I'll crush you and your pitiful abilities!" His eyes glowed with a ferocious intensity as he advanced toward Kazuka, the cavern quivering with each step of the monstrous berserker.

Enraged, Tomara bellowed, his voice echoing through the cavern with a tone of overwhelming rage and dominance: "You think your feeble healing magic can save you, little maggot? I'll crush you and your pitiful abilities!" His eyes glowed with a ferocious intensity as he advanced toward Kazuka, the cavern quivering with each step of the monstrous berserker.

With a swift motion, Tomara wrapped his colossal hand around Kazuka's throat, lifting him off his feet. The young healer struggled in the grip of the berserker, who aimed to shatter his throat. A sinister laugh escaped Tomara as he felt his body being healed by Kazuka's immense magical aura, reveling in the perverse cycle of agony and recovery.

 Tomara, with a sadistic glint in his eyes, spoke with a deep dominant voice: "You're nothing but a worthless healer, Kazuka. Your precious healing magic is nothing more than a tool to revive those who should stay dead. What good is your power if all you do is mend the wounds of your enemies? You're a pathetic existence in this world of strength and brutality!"

In that moment...Kazuka's mind finally succumbed to the overwhelming trauma that had been steadily building within him. The memories of being captured by the sadistic troll, the subsequent torment at the hands of the goblins and trolls replayed in his mind like a relentless nightmare. Each painful recollection etched deeper into his consciousness until it became an indelible mark on his soul.

As Tomara's disdainful words cut through the air, something within Kazuka snapped. His mind, already teetering on the edge of insanity, finally gave way. The once shy and frantic demeanor shattered, his eyes, once filled with fear, transformed into orbs of icy calmness. The trauma, the pain, and the despair coalesced into a singular, profound realization.

In that moment, the broken fragments of his psyche rearranged themselves, and a new personality emerged. Kazuka's demeanor became eerily composed, masking the depths of darkness within. The mental breakdown had sculpted him into something entirely different. The cavern, once witness to his suffering, was now witness to the birth of a formidable force—a force that would rewrite the twisted narrative of his existence.

Tomara, slightly confused by the abrupt change in Kazuka's magical aura, found himself caught off guard. Just as Benimaru regained consciousness and Sakura attempted to bind Tomara with her magic, Kazuka, now donning a cold and emotionless expression, slowly placed his hand on Tomara's chest. A sudden pain erupted from the berserker’s chest from Kazuka's touch, causing blood to spew from Tomara's mouth as he released the healer before violently hitting the ground.

The unexpected turn of events left the duo stunned in silence. Benimaru and Sakura stared at Kazuka with a mix of bewilderment and trepidation. The healer, now transformed by the fractures of his own sanity, stood amidst the aftermath.

As Benimaru and Sakura approached Kazuka, their expressions a canvas of confusion, they asked in unison: "What happened?"

Kazuka met their gaze with a cold, emotionless tone as he explained: "I forced as much of my healing aura into Tomara that it caused his heart to rupture from too much mana." His words hung in the air, a chilling revelation.

Benimaru knelt before his fallen ally. "Tomara, you were a great Crimson Knight back then...you always seem to push yourself to overcome any enemy no matter the threat" he murmured, regret laced in his voice. "But the power of the berserker took over your personality"

Sakura joined Benimaru, putting her hands together in a silent prayer for Tomara as they paid their respects to the fallen knight...

CHAPTER 2 A Dark New Perspective

As they mourned, Kazuka spoke with an unsettling calmness. "Take all the time you need, I'll be just outside" he responded. Kazuka walked outside the cave, placing one hand over his eyes. His body began to shake, with a sadistic smile forming across his face, signaling a dark transformation that had taken root within him.

In a voice that echoed confidence, Kazuka proclaimed: "I am no longer the shy healer that would be tortured by this world. Instead, I will master the full potential of my healing magic and use it to climb to the top of this world. This power will be my salvation, my means to rewrite the rules of this twisted reality. No longer a victim, I am the orchestrator of my destiny, and with my healing, I shall reshape this world in my image"

As Sakura and Benimaru emerged from the cave, they found Kazuka back to his calm demeanor. Benimaru, recognizing the turmoil within their new companion, offered a gesture of camaraderie. "We're heading to the small nearby town where we usually stay. You're welcome to join us. It's a safe place, and you seem like you could use some rest" he suggested.

Kazuka responded with a slight smirk, his voice carrying a newfound confidence: "I can’t deny such an offer, I could use some rest" he said, accepting Benimaru's invitation in a friendly tone. The trio made their way through the thick forest, the rustling leaves and soft sounds of nature surrounding them.

 As they progressed, the dense foliage gradually gave way to the outskirts of a quaint village. The village was nestled amid the trees, with modest cottages and stone pathways. Smoke lazily rose from chimneys, blending with the natural beauty of the surroundings.

Benimaru led the way, with Sakura and Kazuka following close behind. The air in the village carried a sense of tranquility, offering a stark contrast to the harrowing experiences they had endured in the goblin cave. Kazuka could hear the distant hum of villagers going about their daily lives, creating a serene atmosphere that hinted at the promise of respite.

The young healer observed the peaceful village, and he remarked: "This place seems so peaceful. It's the first sign of civilization I've seen since arriving here" His words, although expressing a recognition of tranquility, carried an underlying curiosity—a determination to understand the newfound environment.

The trio continued through the village, making their way towards a small tavern in the middle of town. The wooden door of the small tavern creaked as they entered, revealing a warm and dimly lit interior. The air was thick with the rich aroma of various foods and the low hum of conversations. Wooden beams adorned with hanging lanterns stretched across the ceiling, casting a flickering glow over the rustic tables and worn, yet well-maintained, furniture. A fireplace crackled in one corner, offering a cozy retreat for patrons seeking respite from the evening chill.

The bartender, a stout man wearing a black formal suit with a gray handle-bar mustache and a friendly demeanor, polished a glass behind the counter. A mix of locals and travelers occupied the sturdy wooden stools, engaged in conversations or quietly nursing their drinks. The ambiance exuded a sense of camaraderie, making the tavern a haven for those seeking solace or a brief escape from the challenges of the outside world.

 The red-haired swordsmen approached the bar, where the bartender greeted him with a warm smile. "Good evening, sir. What can I get for you and your companions?" he inquired.

Benimaru responded: "Three mugs of your finest root beer and a filling meal for each of us, please"

"Right away, sir," the bartender acknowledged with a friendly nod. As he started preparing the drinks and meals, Benimaru and the others found a comfortable spot at a nearby table, settling in to enjoy the welcoming atmosphere of the quaint tavern.

As the trio settled at the table, Benimaru began explaining their routine. "Sakura and I have our own rooms on the second floor," he shared. "During the day, we take requests from villagers dealing with monster trouble. It's our way of contributing to the safety of this village. And when there are no immediate threats, we explore nearby dungeons in search of treasure, typically guarded by powerful monsters."

"It's a modest life, but it keeps the village safe and provides us with the thrill of adventure" Sakura chimed in with an air of nonchalance, speaking with a playful tone. "Let's not get too dramatic, Benimaru. Most of the requests we get from villagers involve finding lost pets, delivering items, or dealing with mundane stuff. Not every day is a thrilling monster hunt, you know?"

She smirked slightly as she glanced at Benimaru, who chuckled in response. "True" he admitted, "but every now and then, we get something exciting" Sakura playfully snapped back, "What? Like that time when an old lady said her house was being attacked by a monster, and it turned out to be just a boar making weird noises? Exciting, indeed." She rolled her eyes with a smirk, recalling the humorous misadventures they occasionally faced in their line of work.

As the mugs of root beer and plates of food were set in front of them, Kazuka, leaned back slightly, asking with a hint of curiosity, "Are you two part of a guild, or is the title 'Crimson Knights' just a personal name you've come up with?" His eyes held a glint of interest as he observed his newfound companions.

Benimaru, taking a sip of his root beer, leaned back in his wooden chair answering: "When I was a kid, I heard tales of a great warrior known as the Crimson Hero. Many saw him as a legendary figure, one that did all he could for those in need and that inspired me to become a great hero myself. So, when Sakura and I formed our party, we decided to take inspiration from that and became the Crimson Knights. As of now, we're not part of any guild, but who knows what the future holds" He smiled, a mix of nostalgia and determination in his eyes.

Sakura softly brushed her long purple hair out of her eyes. "Honestly, I thought the name was kinda weird at first. But, after a while, it grew on me. There's a certain charm to it, the meaning behind it makes it feel like we're living up to a legacy, you know?" She leaned back in her chair, gazing at the plates of food with an excited expression.

 Kazuka sat there deep in thought. However, the contemplative atmosphere was abruptly shattered by Sakura with the young girl's face lighting up with excitement at the sight of the various dishes placed before her. Without hesitation, she dug in, loudly eating everything on her plate, surprising both Kazuka and Benimaru, who exchanged amused glances as they watched the unexpected display.

Sakura, her mouth still half-full, suddenly cried out with excitement: "This taste is amazing! I love food so much!" Her joyful proclamation echoed through the tavern, drawing a few amused glances from nearby patrons. With each bite, she savored the flavors as if it were the most exquisite feast, fully embodying the spirit of someone who truly loved indulging in a good meal.

Kazuka, with a slight laugh remarked, "She seems like a totally different person when she's eating. It's quite the transformation" His observation added a touch of amusement to the room as Sakura continued to enjoy her meal with unrestrained enthusiasm.

As Sakura's enthusiastic meal continued, a sudden disturbance shattered the jovial mood. An angry man’s voice shouted: "Quiet down, over there brats! I’d like to enjoy my drink in peace!" A knife thudded into the center of their table as a clear warning. The room hushed in response, and the smile faded from Kazuka's face. Calmly, he rose from his seat and walked over to a bald, muscular man adorned in leather mercenary armor. The tension in the tavern thickened as Kazuka approached the source of the disturbance.

The man sat at the end of the bar in the right corner of the room, glaring at the young healer, his gaze cutting through the air like a blade. He sneered at the torn rags Kazuka wore and scoffed, "Peasants wearing such pathetic clothing don't even deserve to set foot in this tavern. Crawl back into the cave you came from, you vermin" His words carried a venomous disdain as he dismissed Kazuka with utter contempt.

Without warning, Kazuka grabbed the glass mug the man was drinking from and shattered it across his face. The man staggered backward, crashing onto the wooden floor, blood streaming from his fresh wounds. Kazuka swiftly followed up, slamming his foot down on the bleeding man's hand, pinning him to the floor. A chilling silence settled over the tavern as Kazuka looked down at the now subdued brute with a cold, intense gaze. The other patrons watched in a mixture of shock and fear, uncertain of how the situation would unfold.

In a cold tone, Kazuka announced: "This is what you get for treating others like mere peasants. Disdain for your fellow man will always come back to haunt you. One can’t possibly live a filling life by stepping on others in the process" He increased the pressure on the man's palm, nearly breaking it. The struggling man winced in pain, he looked up at the magic caster with eyes filled with rage as Kazuka continued to impose his dominance.

The man, despite the pain and humiliation, managed to pull his hand away, gritting his teeth on his blood face. "You'll regret making a fool of me, you little worm!" he spat, pulling out a knife from his pocket with a threatening glint in his eye.

Sakura was too absorbed in her meal, blissfully unaware of the escalating conflict. Benimaru, however, suggested to Kazuka, "Maybe we should stop before things get out of hand." The bald man, enraged, shouted at Benimaru to shut up as he attempted to stab the healer. In a swift motion, Kazuka deflected the attack and gripped the man's face with a calm expression.

"It's too late for you to beg for forgiveness," Kazuka uttered. He then channeled his healing magic, pushing the man's heart to it’s limit until it gave out under the strain of excessive mana, a cold and ruthless act that left the tavern in stunned silence.

The horrified screams of the villagers filled the tavern as Kazuka, with an air of cold detachment, walked over to Benimaru. "I'm sorry, but it seems I'm not fit for the Crimson Knights" he uttered calmly. Without waiting for a response, Kazuka made his way out of the tavern. Benimaru, reacting quickly, ordered Sakura to stay in the tavern. He dashed outside, catching up with the sadistic healer just as Kazuka was about to disappear into the forest. Unsheathing his blade, Benimaru demanded, "Stop, Kazuka!" His serious expression conveyed a mix of concern and determination as he confronted his troubled companion.

Benimaru, with a stern expression, confronted Kazuka, "Even though that man attempted to kill you, it was uncalled for you to kill him, Kazuka!" The sadistic healer, his demeanor unwavering, answered: "When I arrived here...I was nothing more than an innocent healer. But all I received was hatred. I've awakened now, Benimaru. Now, I'm the one who decides my fate. As for that man, a man prepared to kill must always be prepared to be killed"

Benimaru sighed, disappointment etched on his face. "I'm disappointed things had to end so quickly, but as a Crimson Knight, I won't let someone get away with murder within the village." A smirk slowly grew across Kazuka's face, a sinister glint in his eyes.

0