Chapter 33: Kate and Loretta’s fight part.1
70 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A random fact.

Did you know Shadow magic users hate Life and light magic so strongly it's almost instinctual because both of them are opposites of the shadow element though life element is lesser of the opposites as it doesn't counteract shadow very much.

Chapter 33: Kate's and Loretta's Fight part.1

Kate's pov.

As my consciousness finally started to return to me after I lost it during something called an ‘Evolution’. 

The first thing I saw as my vision returned was a blinding sphere of green light which I somehow understood as a sphere of life magic and I immediately felt great hostility towards it.

Feeling this sudden hostility I was confused but my body seemed to move on its own as I was confused about the situation and used two new skills which I instinctively knew how to use. 

My body used [Shadow Cloak(D) lvl. 1] and [Shadow Walk(E) lvl. 1] to cover myself in a hooded cloak formed from shadows and to rapidly make some distance between myself and the sphere of life magic by stepping from one shadow to another as if I was teleporting while appearing as though I was just walking leisurely.

Finally, after my body had made a decent distance between myself and the floating sphere of life magic, I snapped out of my stupor and started to quickly observe my surroundings and searched for who was responsible for that floating sphere of life magic.

First I noticed that I had just come out of a cocoon made of mana and some other unknown energy which was slowly dissolving into the air with each passing second. 

Second I saw that I was still near the Sacred tree and that I had still previously been inside the tree just like I last remembered.

“Hmm looks like I am still at home so where the hell did that sphere of life magic appear from? Why do I know that it's life magic and why the hell am I feeling angry at that sphere? ”

As I continued observing my surroundings I noticed that I could see a very thin and small but sparkling thread connected to the sphere of life magic which I could only presume was connected to its caster so I followed the thread.

As I reached the end of the energy thread I saw a creature who had a body that looked similar to the progenitor but it lacked the details that the progenitor's body had.

“Yup! This creature's body is but a mere imitation of our great progenitor so it can never match the progenitor in beauty. ”

As I continued to observe the creature who was responsible for that disgusting sphere of life magic I noticed that its body also had a pair of colorful butterfly wings. Then while I was observing her wings I suddenly felt a connection to the creature as if it was one of my brethren. 

This sudden connection also rid me of all the anger and disgust which I felt toward the entity. This turn of events made me confused so just as I was about to ask the entity about who it was I noticed that it was currently fighting two wolves.

“To think that I failed to notice an entire fucking battle happening right in front of me, just how distracted was I by that feeling of anger and disgust. ”

Seeing this situation I quickly decided to assist the unknown entity since it looked like it might be a brethren of mine and those two wolves don't appear to be all that friendly on top of that they are being attacked by the sacred tree's roots so they are obviously the enemy.

I used my last new skill which I had acquired after evolution [Shadow Blade(D) lvl. 1] to conjure up four shadow blades each from the two wolves' shadows to attack them while they are distracted by the roots of the sacred tree and the occasional rays of life energy which shot out at the two wolves from the sphere of life magic.

“Hey, butterfly wings, let me help you with the fight. ”

As I shouted at the butterfly-winged entity, it replied soon after. Though its reply surprised me greatly.

“What the hell Kate how dare you call me a butterfly-winged entity as if I am a random creature do you have a death wish huh”

“Holy shit! It's you Loretta what the hell happened to you, you look so different and I am sorry I didn't know that it was you. ”

“Of Course it's me you buffoon, to think just because I evolved you wouldn't recognize the link between us after all I recognized you in an instant. ”

As Loretta replied to me I noticed another surprising thing.

“Oh my god! Loretta, you and I are speaking, physically speaking. ”

To my response, Loretta just sighed at me before saying.

“Haa! Just how slow are you for you to just now notice it, seriously stop getting distracted and start helping with the fight already. Look they are already breaking your shadow blades so we have to attack now. ”

As they reminded me of the battle I immediately used my [Shadow Cloak], [Shadow Walk], and [Shadow Blade] to rush at the two wolves while wearing the shadow cloak and dual wielding two small shadow dagger-shaped shadow blades. 

As I reached them one of them tried to swipe their claws at my left shoulder but I quickly used shadow walk in quick succession to dodge and counterattack at the wolf by stabbing one of the daggers in the wolf's eyes and throwing my other dagger at the other wolf who was distracted by an attack from Loretta which hit the wolf right in its hindleg

Then after my two successful attacks, I retreated a little before conjuring two new shadow blades shaped like daggers and getting ready for another assault.

Shadow Cloak (D) lvl. 1:

This skill allows the user to cover themselves with a cloak made up of shadows which greatly increases the defense of the user while also greatly increasing agility. Increases the effectiveness of other shadow-type skills while activated by 5%.

Cost: 50Mp per minute.

Shadow Walk (E) lvl. 1:

This skill allows the user to rapidly travel from one shadow to the next while walking, allowing fast travel as long as shadows are available nearby.

Cost: 2Mp per step.

Shadow Blade (D) lvl. 1:

This skill allows the user to conjure up blades made of shadows from the user's own shadow and their enemy's shadows.

Cost: 5Mp per conjuring, 1Mp per minute while blades are maintained.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

3