Chapter 5: The Spirit Wilds part.2
334 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A appraisal skill entry

The stone collecting snake:

This is a snake which has no scales of its own so it instead attracts scale-like stones towards its body which it uses as its own scales and it can also shoot these scale-like stones at its enemies to hunt.

Chapter 5: The spirit wilds part.2

Mm .. huh wait what was I doing, I thought momentarily confused. Then I spent a couple more seconds reorganising my head. Phew looks like I am still alive but man that was so fucking painful it felt as if thousands of hammers were pounding on my brain. I thought while I shuddered a little Remembering the intense pain I had to go through to get the information about using the new skills.

Oh yeah speaking of new skills, I actually have not tried out the new skills yet so let's first try them out a little and then I will go outside of the small hollow in the tree and explore these uncharted waters which I now find myself in.

Then I started to browse the new information in my mind about using the new skills. Hmm alright so that's how I use these new skills. Also before using the skills let's check out the new changes to the status, I thought and then mentally said (Status).

 

STATUS

NAME: N/A (WILL)

RACE: SPIRIT WISP

LEVEL: 2 (5/10)

GENDER: N/A

MANA: 25/25

SPIRIT ENERGY: 50/50

RACIAL SKILLS

SKILLS

TITLES

INVENTORY

QUESTS

SYSTEM SHOP

Ok so looks like I have mana capacity of 25 and spirit energy capacity of 50 according to the knowledge about the skills I had gotten after going through intense pain, the Wind Slash skill uses 5 mana for each shot which is indeed pretty expensive and the Spirit shot skill uses 3 spirit energy per shot which is actually pretty reasonable though the other skill uses 1 spirit energy per minute it's active which is quite expensive. Though I think the fact that I am a spiritual creature helped me increase my spirit energy capacity which will be very useful.

Now that I have inspected the changes to the status window let's try out the new skills shall we, I thought while mentally smiling in excitement of using magic.

Then I mentally said the skill name while targeting a bush near the tree where I was hiding. As soon as I had said the mental command to launch a thin but sharp wind blade was condensed out of thin air which immediately launched itself at the target bush which was neatly cut into half.

Hell yeah now that's magic, I thought while mentally celebrating the fact that I can now use such cool magic while ignoring the fact that to use this cool magic I had gotten stranded in an unknown and mysterious world as a spirit wisp.

Then after a couple more seconds of being giddy with excitement at using magic, I calmed down and got ready to exit the small hollow in the tree I was hiding in to explore the surroundings and also to kill a creature because the tutorial quest had updated and now had a new task which asks me to kill any five creatures.

 

TUTORIAL QUEST

  • Open the status tab
  • Use any one of your skills
  • Purchase a new skill from the system shop.
  • Kill any five creatures (0/5)

 

Alright first before going out let's activate the spirit sense skill to avoid any large or dangerous looking creatures and instead try to find small and harmless creatures to kill because the tutorial quest said any five creatures and did not specify which five so let's not risk it and play safe and just kill any five small and harmless creatures.

Then as I activated my skill, it felt as if all my senses had multiplied ten times over and I could feel where every creature was in the surrounding three metre radius. So I floated out of my hiding spot and avoided some wolf-like creatures who were in the surroundings and killed three lizards who had surprisingly tough skin by launching wind blades at them from the air though even the lizard with the toughest skin among the three I killed could only take two Wind blades before dying.

Though killing the three lizards exhausted my mana pool, I have returned to the hiding place and am now resting while waiting for my mana pool to regenerate.

Also I managed to gain 3 exp from killing those three lizards 1 exp each which means that I will be able to level up once again when I complete this tutorial quest.

Quite a while later I once again exited my hiding place while having my spirit sense active as usual and then as I started to once again kill lizards an unexpected situation occurred while I was killing the fifth and final lizard I had gotten relaxed due to not being found even once and due this moment of letting down my guard I had been discovered, a snake with rock like scales had discovered my presence and attacked me by launching one of its stone scales at me which caught me by surprise and I got hit though due to my innate racial resistance to physical damage only a small chunk of the cloud which made up my body got dispersed.

But surprisingly I felt no pain though I did still feel a sense of loss which wasn't very pleasant. Then I started to put more distance between us and I also activated the spirit shot skill to attack the stone scaled snake and while I was putting distance between us the stone scaled snake was also observing me.

Then after a few seconds of a deadlock the stone scaled snake attacked me by launching three more stone scales at me which I dodged by floating and then I also used two spirit shots at the snake seeing which the snake launched two stone scales as well to try and stop the spirit shots using its stone scales but unfortunately for it the spirit shots are spiritual attacks which can't be stopped through physical means so it got hit by the two spirit shots.

Then something weird happened as the snake just up and stopped moving and all the stone scales on its body also fell apart. Well that was very effective, I thought while surprised a little at how easily I defeated the snake, then as I relished in the joy of victory a new system message came to me.

 

Detected that a usable soul fragment is near the user. Would you like to use the skill soul fragment absorption (F)?

Yes or No

 

Huh that's new, it's the first time that the system said I can use the skill soul fragment absorption on something which I had thought I would be able to do to the lizard souls but unfortunately it appeared that the lizards soul fragments weren't usable so does this mean that the snake is usable and if so does that mean that only medium and large creatures souls are usable.

Hmm interesting and yes I wish to use the skill soul fragment absorption on the usable soul fragment near me. Then as I said yes I could feel something leave the stone scaled snake's body and enter mine.

Then came a new system message accompanying the feeling. Which made me smile mentally.

18