Chapter 14: Trying out new skills
229 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A note on vessel crafters

There used to be many vessel crafters when the spirit world was still inhabited by the spirit race but after the spirits fled from the spirit world. Almost all of the vessel crafters in the myriad realms were executed as a spirit with a vessel is two to hundred times stronger than when they are just in their spiritual form. Though there are still some vessel crafters who are hiding throughout the myriad realms believing that the spirit race would return again and that they would require their assistance so they will faithfully wait until then.

Chapter 14: Trying out new skills

After Will had gone outside of the tree hollow to try out his new skills on the surrounding animals he saw how the small and adorable spirit wisps were split into groups of three as they hunted the surrounding weak animals for experience points.

Man, I must say they really are very adorable now that I am taking a close look at them, and the fact that these 150 newborn spirit wisps are all following Loretta who is the smallest among them is even more lovely. While thinking this I didn't even notice as a small smile slowly emerged on my face which was surprising as I didn't smile even once since I came to this new world.

“Haha! I guess I am still a human inside after all, alright I have decided I am going to give my all and protect these spirit wisps to the best of my ability to make sure that these precious spirit wisps can keep on enjoying their lives without having to worry about their safety”. At that moment I had made a decision that would massively influence my future without even knowing it.

Then after enjoying the fluffy and cute view of the newborn spirit wisps hunting the surrounding animals for experience points. I strode out of the safety zone around the bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery while having my spirit sense skill active and also having created five wind blades which I had rotate around me rapidly to serve as a shield.

After I took the first step out of the safe zone, immediately about nine wolf-like monsters surrounded me as one of them lunged at me to attack me. Seeing the incoming wolf I diverted one of the five wind blades rotating around me to attack the incoming wolf which went splendidly as the wind blade sliced the wolf into two halves as if slicing butter.

This display of strength immediately made the remaining eight wolves to be even more alert as this time four of the eight wolves used some kind of skill to cover their claws and fangs with red mana as they rushed at me from all four cardinal directions. Hmm, do these foolish wolves really think they can beat me so easily after all I could kill rock snakes that were twice their size from when I was a spirit wisp.

In my response to their pincer attack, I used all of my four basic ranged skills on each of the wolves shooting fireballs in the front, water bullets in the back, earth bullets in the right side, and wind blades to the left side. The aftermath of this skill exchange ended in my victory as my skills blasted and sliced the four wolves into pieces and seeing this scene the remaining four wolves made a wise decision for a monster which was to run away at full speed.

Of course, I wasn't about to let these four wolves escape as I used my plant-binding skill to trap the four wolves in place and then used my cheaper ranged skill of launching wind blades to behead these four wolves. Man, I must say I am awed by my own skills like I had an innate feeling telling me that these wolves were no match for me but I didn't think it would be so easy to kill these wolves as they couldn't even get close to me before they were killed.

 

SYSTEM NOTICE

Ding, detected nine absorbable soul fragments near the host. Would you like to absorb them using the soul fragment absorption (E) lvl.2? Yes or No.

Alright just as I thought it looks like only creatures that are big and strong enough can leave behind soul fragments that I can absorb. Also yes, system activate the soul fragment absorption skill and absorb these soul fragments. Then as I gave my permission the part of my face which looked like a mouth opened up and started to suck up the soul fragments of the nine wolves which I could see were like tiny orbs of spirit energy due to my spirit sense having leveled up and I also noticed that something like a small wormhole had opened up inside my mouth.

Man, that's really creepy and disgusting, mental note to self do not look at yourself while using the soul fragment absorption skill. Anyway, after this fight, I have got a vague idea of how powerful my new skills are and since I used up quite a lot of mana in this fight let's return. Then as I once again entered the safe zone I deconstructed the five wind blades which were rotating around me as each of them would break in five minutes anyway since the mana in the wind blades is continuously decreasing per second and also because I don't want to accidentally hurt the tree or the baby spirit wisps.

Then after I returned to the tree hollow I used the mental link I had with Loretta to instruct her to gather all the newborn spirit wisps and come back to the tree hollow. Then while the spirit wisps were returning I opened my new title and its title skill description which was the only skill that Will had still not used.

 

The vessel crafter (New):

This title is given to an individual who has the ability to create vessels that spiritual creatures can inhabit to get a physical body and extra protection to their spiritual body. It gives the following benefits.

Acquisition of the skill Basic humanoid vessel crafting (plant-type)(D).

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Basic humanoid vessel crafting (plant-type)(D):

This skill is a branching skill of the main skill vessel crafting (A). It allows the user to create a small or medium humanoid vessel made of plant material. (warning: Only spiritual and other special kinds of plant materials can be used to make the vessels.)

Hmm, let's practice using this skill while I wait for Loretta to gather and bring the newborn spirit wisps back to the tree hollow.

8