Chapter 16: The incident part.2
197 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shoutout to Jean for becoming a lesser guardian dryad member of my patreon.

Also sorry for the slight delay of half a hour from the determined time of release.


A note on a random fact

Did you know that all sentient race members of a sentient race can vaguely feel their race's progenitor's feelings meaning that the race members feeling can be greatly affected by how their progenitor is feeling though it only works when they are close to the progenitor.

 

Chapter 16: The incident part.2

After I activated my spirit sense skill to try and find the missing nine newborn spirit wisps. I started to focus on the edges and the outside of the safe zone around the bloodsucking tree of spiritual recovery as since they are missing its most likely they would be either at the edges of the safe zone or outside of the safe zone and even if they are inside then I can at least make sure they are not outside by doing this.

After spending a couple of minutes searching for the missing nine spirit wisps I finally found a lead. It was an injured newborn spirit wisp that was outside of the safe zone and seemed to be trying to float back inside the safe zone regardless of its injuries.

Hmm, this must be the effect of the absolute loyalty which is forcing this injured newborn spirit wisp to come back to the safe zone regardless of its injuries to obey the order. After sensing this situation I immediately started to rapidly fly towards the location where the injured newborn spirit wisp was. 

Right now my mind was filled with immense anger as I reached the location where the injured spirit wisp and when I reached there I also sensed that Loretta was also floating towards this location.

Man, I am so fucking useless to think this happened right after I promised myself that I would protect these newborn spirit wisps. I clenched my pure white fists in anger as I looked at the injured spirit wisp. 

“I am cancelling your order so stop trying to get back to the safe zone and rest” 

After I cancelled the newborn spirit wisp's order so that it doesn't aggravate its injuries while trying to get back to the safe zone and used my skill archives skill to borrow Loretta's spirit healing skill to heal this injured spirit wisp.

Then while I was healing the injured spirit wisp Loretta came to the location as well and seeing the situation immediately started to use her spirit healing skill to assist me in healing the newborn spirit wisp without asking any questions or saying anything as if she could sense that I was very angry right now. 

Then after a couple of minutes of healing the injured spirit wisp finally healed enough to speak again. Though it seems it wasn't healed enough to extend a mental link as it spoke to me using Loretta as a middleman.

“Little one what is your name”

“My lord this humble one's name is Kate”

“Alright then Kate can you tell me what happened to you and the other eight missing spirit wisps and also why were you injured so badly”

“My lord me and the other two in my group and the other two groups of three near us were suddenly wrapped up in vines and dragged out of the safe zone where a large pack of wolves was gathered together with a wolf that was standing on two feet and holding a staff made of spirit wood”

“Then the wolf which was standing on two legs who I think was the leader started to say incomprehensible words and his staff started to shine after which many roots started to grow out of the ground around us nine trapping us inside but fortunately I had managed to float out of the root cage before it could trap and then I had used a new skill I had gotten after levelling up to escape the encirclement but even then I had gotten badly injured and was struggling to get back to the safe zone to inform you of this enemy when the lord had arrived before me and started to heal me”

“Hmm, I see, can you tell me from which direction you came back?” 

Then as I asked him, I also used my outer soul analysis skill to see his status.

 

Appraisal Status

Name: Kate

Race: Spirit Wisp

Level: 3(8/20)

Gender: N/A

Spirit energy: 40/40

Mana: 20/20

Racial skills

Skills

Titles

 

Shadow merge (D) lvl.1

This skill allows the user to merge with their own shadow. While the user is merged with their shadow they have +50% physical attacks resistance but have -25% magic resistance and -50% light magic resistance.

Uses 1 mana per 6 seconds.

 

Woah this skill is really quite good for escaping and would be suitable for an assassin. This skill must be what allowed Kate to escape while the other eight got captured. Then as I was reading his status I was also listening to Kate as he told me that the approx location of the place where the other eight were captured is somewhere southeast of the current location.

After I got the info which I needed from Kate I immediately started to fly rapidly toward the location which Kate told me about while I ordered Loretta to take Kate back to the tree hollow to rest and heal. Then a couple of minutes later I finally reached a place where many wolves were gathered and of course, they noticed me as well. I also saw the wolf which was standing on two legs commanding its followers as 10 of them charged at me.

Seeing the incoming attack I immediately used my wind blade skill to launch ten wind blades at the incoming wolves killing four of them and injuring the other six. Then as the wolves got stunned for a few seconds seeing my skill I used my wind blade skill to create ten stronger version wind blades of which I had four rotate around me and had the other six fly out and slice the surrounding wolves of which 46 were still left excluding the leader wolf.

Then while the six strong wind blades were keeping the surrounding wolves busy for a while. I had to either defeat this wolf leader or take back the eight trapped spirit wisps which I could see inside the root cage behind the wolf leader before my mana runs out and the six wind blades can no longer reconstruct themselves.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730

7