Chapter 30: Skill Combination.
75 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A short note on mutations.

There are mainly two types of mutations: Negative and Positive.

The negative mutations are mutation which have very big penalties added to them compared to the little benefits they give. While positive mutations are the opposite as they give many benefits and very less penalties or sometimes no penalties.

Examples of 1 common penalty or benefit among these mutations is.

Penalty: Mental Corrosion.

Benefit: Higher mutation chance.

 

Chapter 30: Skill Combination.

Will's pov.

As I waited for Ruin to recover, I used my appraisal skill on my first and only spirit guardian which hadn't used my appraisal skill on before so I was curious about its status. As I activated my skill a blue system box opened up displaying the spirit swallow's status page.

Name: N/A

Species: Common Spirit Sparrow.

Rank: F-rank

Description: A very common type of spirit sparrow that is weak but has great potential. This particular specimen is slightly mutated causing it to have minuscule Soul Element Affinity.

Skills:

Active: Shared Senses (Sight)(F), Flight Mastery (F).

Passive: Lesser Soul Affinity (D)(Locked, Incomplete), Lesser Wind Affinity (E).

Titles:

Spirit guardian,

Mutated One (Small):

A title that is only given to a living creature who has achieved a small positive mutation. This title gives the following benefits:

Higher chance of Mutation: This benefit allows the title holder to have a 10% higher chance to mutate further whenever the holder evolves, levels up, or ranks up.

Fixed Mutation: This benefit allows the title holder to have a 50% chance to follow the current mutation chain. Thus allowing the holder to be able to have higher chances of avoiding any negative mutations.

(Note: These benefits can be strengthened or more benefits could be obtained if the title is upgraded. )

 

What the hell! The spirit sparrow was mutated and I didn't even know about this when this title and the Lesser Soul Affinity skill both seem pretty important stuff. Also what in the hell is this Flight mastery skill? Why didn't I know any of this shit, Man, I definitely shouldn't trust the skill's information since it clearly doesn't tell me everything like I thought it did.

Hey, Silphid can you explain to me why the hell does my Soul Fragment Absorption skill not tell me everything about my spirit guardians.

[Host, The reason why your skill Soul Fragment Absorption doesn't tell you everything about your summoned spirit guardians is that no matter how powerful and useful this ability might be, it is still just a function of the skill and not a skill by itself though should you evolve your skill you might be able to obtain a specialized skill for that function.]

Hmm, I see, so that's the problem. Well, that does make sense if you put it that way since according to your description, the reason why I am not getting all the information about my spirit guardians is that the spirit guardian summoning ability is by itself just a function and not a skill. Just like how an object which has a specialized function could be customized to perform a different secondary function but it will still pale in comparison to an object which is actually specialized in doing that secondary function.

Well anyways I will deal with this skill later as I still have to try out my new spirit guardians skills also it looks like Ruin has already recovered while I was busy talking to Silphid so I want to try out an idea that I have been wanting to try.

I had this idea when I saw Ruin use his Stone Body and Boulder Crush skills and have since been wanting to try it out, so let's try it out now.

“Ruin use your Boulder Crush skill first and then use Stone Body skill while in mid-air before falling and hitting the target and your target this time is that small tree over to the right”. As I commanded Ruin.

His magic runes immediately started to glow like the last time when he used his Boulder Crush skill but this the glow was far greater. It was almost blinding as he shot high in the sky and shone like a flash grenade before he immediately started to fall ten times faster than last time towards the small tree. Then as Ruin finally hit his target a small shockwave was produced and a small crater had been formed where the small tree once stood but now there was nothing other than very small pieces of the tree and burnt grass.

“Holy Moly! What in the name of God! Was that, it literally blew everything away”. As I looked at the small patch of destruction in front of me I couldn't help but feel a mental eyebrow twitch as I couldn't stop myself from being amazed by the power of what I have decided to call Skill Combination since it combines two or more skills which are compatible with each other to produce a more explosive power than what should normally be possible.

Then after a few seconds of me just standing near the small crater with my mind blown. I was startled awake by the feeling of my connection with Ruin weakening drastically which made me very worried and I immediately rushed toward the center of the small crater to see if Ruin was okay or not. As I reached the center of the small crater I saw that Ruin's body was covered with countless cracks and was on the verge of breaking apart at any moment. Seeing Ruin in that state I immediately supply as much spirit energy as I could through the connection I have with him.

While also using the borrowed skill Spirit Healing since the spirit guardians' bodies may be physical but in essence they are still spiritual creatures so this skill affects them as well though it doesn't help much as it only prevents Ruin's body from breaking further. Since it was originally only supposed to be used to heal light wounds, it was enough for me that it could at least do something.

Also, the spirit energy which I sent to him was healing him through empowering the Reconstruction skill. After a few minutes, Ruin's condition was finally getting better and didn't look like it might break anytime, So I finally relaxed a little before sending him back to the spirit realm to recover.

“Phew! Looks like Ruin is finally better, man I must say that the Skill Combination definitely took its toll on Ruin's body, and since even Ruin who is defense focused go so badly injured when he used it, if I were to use it I'd most probably end up shattering my vessel and in the worst case scenario get injured in my spirit form”.

“Hmm, I should probably recover my Spirit energy first before trying any other ideas of mine since it took more than half of my entire energy storage to heal Ruin”.

After that, I just activated my meditation skill to recover while thinking about various ways to use Skill Combinations and how to decrease its backlash.

 

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated.

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

3