Things at Home part 2 (97)
273 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Basement of Ruvan's mansion, Yellow City.

In a dungeon-like room there was a poor fellow in chains. The chains kept him hanging in the air while his body lay completely bruised due to the huge amount of wounds and injuries he had. It didn't take a genius to know that the poor guy had been cruelly tortured.

"So you're saying that this guy was following Su Meiyao and her group?"

"That's right... This vermin has been lurking near the mansion for almost two weeks..."

"My sources have also informed me that several "so-called merchants" have been casually asking about Jakob and his situation... Apparently the rumors that Jakob is not in the Kingdom have only increased" Said at the time a nosy old man who hid most of his face under a black robe.

"Mmm it looks like we have mole inside the mansion" Said at that time a small girl who had a particular horizontal scar on her face.

This girl was naturally Lira...

"You did a good job catching this Shadow Walker" Lira said with a smile to the gloomy looking old man.

"No problem... Besides it was Ryu who caught him" Shadow Walker said while giving his disciple some credit.

"Oh... That's a nice surprise" Lira said with some astonishment, after all Ryu had only been under Shadow Walker's tutelage for a few months.

"I must admit that Jakob made the right choice by putting you as Ryu's Master"

"Hehehe"

"The boy has progressed well..."

"Although at first he had some resistance to my training methods... Now he has completely adapted" Shadow Walker said in a strange voice.

'I hope Shadow Walker won't be too cruel to poor Ryu, he's barely a boy after all' Lira murmured to herself.

"By the way... Did you manage to get something out of him?" Shadow Walker asked as he took one look at the dying spy who was lying hanging at the back of the room.

"Yes... The King lent me one of his tormentors" Lira said with a smile.

"Everything seems to indicate that this guy and the others were paid by the rebel nobles who were defeated by Jakob during the Kingdom's civil war... Apparently even after so long they still hold some resentment against him".

"I've murdered people for hatreds that have lasted for hundreds of years... It's not strange that those guys haven't forgotten to take their revenge on Jakob" Shadow Walker said quite naturally. As an assassin he had completed all kinds of jobs, some of these murders had been committed for rivalries or political issues but the most common were the themes of revenge…

"Mmm you're right..."

"At the moment I'm afraid I'll have to hire your services to clean up all the rats that are hanging around the city" Lira said as she put her hand to her chin.

"No problem..."

"Take Ryu with you, I want him to keep gaining experience"

"Don't worry. I was planning on doing it anyway."

"It seems that you have become attached to the boy" Lira said with a smile seeing Shadow Walker showing some emotions on his always stoic face.

"The guy makes my job easier"

"..." Lira.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Mina I said you straighten your back"

"But if that's what I'm doing!!"

"Stop making excuses... I can see your crooked back from here..."

"Remember that a correct posture is indispensable if you want spiritual energy to circulate through your entire body normally" Said a mature woman with a serious look.

This woman had a voluptuous figure which seemed to be too excessive for the clothes she was wearing, after all her robe seemed anything but loose. From her ample breasts to her gigantic butt, this woman represented everything that mature charm in a woman could be…

Just like Su Meiyao they were both mature beauties, but at the same time they had different charms, after all Su Meiyao had a slightly less provocative appearance than this woman had.

This mature woman's name was Sherly Samson, but she was better known as "Madam Samson"
Madam Samson was a famous cultivator who had ended up exiled in Marxus continent just like Jonah had been. Obviously Madam Samson's circumstances were much more dignified than Jonah's drunk one.

Since then Madam Samson had kept a low profile in the Yellow City... All this happened until one night she was finally found by one of her pursuers, specifically a Bounty Hunter who had been on her trail for dozens of years.

Perhaps by luck or chance of fate, on her escape she coincided with a young Ruvan who happened to be hanging around the area while working as a mercenary.

Her pursuer didn't care much about Ruvan's appearance and quickly unleashed a powerful attack that aimed to completely exterminate her. It was at that moment that a defensive talisman on Ruvan's body activated and completely reflected the attack by completely eliminating the bounty hunter coming after her.

Although it was an uncomfortable beginning, both Sherly and Ruvan started a friendship due to their similar circumstances... Neither he asked about her past nor she about his, but since then they both formed a relationship that grew stronger and stronger over time.

While Ruvan worked as a mercenary, Sherly, on the other hand, dedicated herself to giving private lessons to young people from the rich families of the Kingdom. Since then they both lived their lives quietly until Ruvan finally contacted her to ask for a small favor.

 "Look at your sister! Sasha is doing a correct posture"

"Tssk... She always does everything right and I'm the complete opposite, right?" Mina complained as she felt that Madam Samson was treating her partially in comparison to her sister.

"Mina"

Mina got up to run out of the Cultivation Room but just before she could do so, a soft hand held her by her wrist.

"Mina... I know that you also try just as hard as your sister" said Madam Samson with a soft tone rarely heard from her.

"But-"

"Calm down~ I understand that you have difficulty concentrating but that doesn't mean that you are less capable than your sister" Madam Samson said as she wiped with her fingertips the tears that were falling from Mina's eyes.

"Maybe I've been a little strict with you too"

"What do you think if we start again?"

"Mmm it's okay" Both the apprentice and the teacher quickly made up again.

Sasha on the other hand watched this with a gentle smile, after all she did not want her sister to quarrel with Madam Samson.

Sasha unlike her sister had realized that they were not in this place for Ruvan's charity... He had a purpose for them and it was in them not to disappoint him, after all they both had slave seals embedded in their souls.

10