Desolate Mountain Range part 4 (108)
230 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Do you hear that?"

"Yeah… It seems like the sound of a battle"

"Hmmm but it doesn't seem to be a battle between cultivators…"

"You're right. Apparently they are cultivators who are fighting spirit beasts."

"What do we do?" Edmar's group was already in the vicinity after spending two days trying to catch up with Ruvan's pace.

"There is a great possibility that this Ruvan guy is fighting there…" One by one Edmar's subordinates began to voice their opinions but as always the last word was their leader, that is: Edmar...

"For the moment we are just going to go over and take a look… Depending on the situation we will decide whether to intervene or not…." Edmar said after thinking about it for a few moments. No one in the group saw Edmar's decision as bad, so they quickly headed towards where the sounds of battle could be heard. Finally after about fifteen minutes of walking, Edmar's group reached the entrance to the cave.

This was where the bloody battle between the bandits and the Hyenas was taking place.

"Damn… What are those things?"

"I don't know but they seem to be dogs…"

"Forget it. I have a dog and I can assure you that I wouldn't bite anyone's leg off" Said one of the disciples while he watched with sadness as one of the Hyenas was dismembering alive one of the poor bandits who was lying on the ground.

"They are Sand Hyenas…"

"Hye… WHAT?"

"They are spiritual beasts… They are mostly considered scavengers but that does not stop them from attacking living prey" Said one of the disciples.

"Damn… If Chris says it then it must be true…" Chris was a disciple who had grown up in a hunting village, he naturally had greater knowledge regarding the different types of spiritual beasts.

At this moment the number of the bandits had gone from twenty people to a paltry number of three people... Among them the leader of the bandits who continued fighting in the vanguard. The bandit leader was in a relatively stable condition. Although he had a few wounds, most of them were superficial.

"Iron Thrust position three"

"Damn… These damned beasts don't end" The masked leader of the bandits cursed loudly as he looked at the dismembered corpses of his companions. Many of them had already been eaten entirely by the Hyenas.

"How many left?" The masked bandit shout without turning to look back.

"There are only two of us left alive boss…But I'm afraid Jeff won't be able to continue with us for long…" One of the surviving bandits said with a complicated voice. A huge bite wound had caused most of the bandit's organs to completely protrude from his body.

"Looks like we're screwed…" The masked bandit muttered with a bitter voice.

"Juar" "Juar" "Juar" "Juar" "Juar"

"What the hell?"

"The hyenas retreat boss!! We are saved" The surviving bandit shouted with joy.

"Why the hell would those damn beasts retreat?"

"Maybe because they lost so many of their own? I mean, Sand Hyenas are famous for being cunning beasts…"

"Maybe you are right..." Just when peace seemed to have arrived, a new sound echoed again from the entrance of the cave, only this time it was a much more terrifying noise...

"JUAR" JUAR" "JUAR" "JUAR" 'JAUR' "JAUR" At that moment a huge hyena appeared. The hyena was at least six meters long by four meters high… It was undoubtedly an extremely terrifying beast.

"It seems you were right."

"Hyenas are intelligent beasts…This bastard was waiting for us to be completely exhausted to kill us" The Masked bandit leader said helplessly. The huge Hyena looked at it with a hungry look, it was evident that it was savoring them.

"A-A level four beast" The bandit who was lying leaning on the wall cursed. Level four beasts were beasts that were in a completely different league.

"It seems that today we have shitty luck... Of all the beasts there are, I ended up encountering the strongest in this entire damn region" The masked bandit lamented his luck as he watched resignedly as the enormous Hyena entered the cave step by step.

"JUAR" JAUR" "JUAR" "JUAR" "JUAR" "JUAR"

"So you're the leader of the pack, huh?"

"JUAR" "JUAR" "JUAR" The enormous hyena nodded with a fearsome laugh. Although level spirit beasts could not speak, they were already considered extremely intelligent, to the point that they almost completely understood what a human being meant…

"You sent all your subordinates to exhaust us, huh…" "

You don't care in the least that they died ehh… You are a very cruel beast" The masked bandit muttered while shaking his head. He had been completely fooled by the beast standing in front of him.

"JUAR" "JUAR" JUAR" JUAR"

"You are quite cruel, making fun of me like that…But unfortunately for you, I don't plan to let myself be killed so easily, you know?"

"JUAR" "JAUR" JUAR" The hyena laughed out loud again. It was more than evident that he was mocking the poor human standing in front of him.

"Hahahahaha I swear I'm going to cut off that damn snout."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Do you think the bandit can do anything?"

"Ssss."

"Yes I know… It's very complicated. I never imagined that we would encounter a level four beast around here" Ruvan cursed in a low voice. The appearance of this beast had completely changed his plans.

'With this beast lurking around here I'm afraid that neither Edmar nor his group would dare to come, after all they're not such idiots...'

"WHAAAT? YOU SAY YOU WANT TO EAT THAT BEAST?"

"YOU ARE CRAZY!?! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT'S A DAMN LEVEL FOUR SPIRITUAL BEAST? Ruvan asked incredulously. The connection between Ruvan and Viridis was so deep that even without the latter not speaking, Ruvan would understand it…

"Forget it… That beast would tear even me to pieces"

"Sessss"

"Damn… It's okay. If the bandit can hurt him enough I promise to intervene…Meanwhile, take care of placing the crystals where I told you before… We need to be prepared just in case"

"Ssssss."

"Hey stop arguing…!! I already said I will do everything I can to get you that damn hyena, okay?"

"Ssss."

"Damn greedy snake…" Ruvan cursed under his breath as he prepared to watch the combat between the bandit and the huge level four hyena.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Advanced chapters on my patreon guys!: patreon.com/DarkPrinceLibrary351

Thanks to my patreons! Your subscription helps me to continue with the novel!

13