CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: FEAST.
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: FEAST.

 

“A feast?” Kevin asked remembering that he hadn’t eaten anything for some time now.

“Come to think of it. Maybe.” Kevin said as he took the filled cup and drank from it.

“This is actually good. Is this a fruit shake/I mean is this made from fruits?” Kevin asked as he drank again to empty the cup.

Seeing Kevin finish his drink made Ashley happy as she poured more for him.

“Yes, it is made from fruits my king. The fruits are from our treasury and royal garden. The fruits you taste are from your planet. When our people used live on our former planet, we traded different kinds of rare minerals and fruits and came across some fruits from Earth and bought a lot of them. They are quite nice.” Ashley commented as she recalled memories of her home planted before it was conquered. She didn’t dwell on the negatives and continued the conversation.

“Anyway, this fruit mix is called the fertility mix.” Ashley said with a sly smile.

“What do you mean by that? I don’t get it.” Kevin said as he finished another cup but picked up feelings of a sly joke but still couldn’t understand. He was just grateful in his mind that the drink she poured out for him did not have any malicious or selfish intent behind it.

“Oh don’t worry about it.” Ashley said with a small giggle. Kevin smiled in response and began to enjoy her company but the thought of a familiar redhead back on earth flashed his mind.

“I see, you are still thinking about your home world even now. I understand, the guards will communicate the venue and date of the feast if you want to attend. Now, excuse me, my King.” Ashley said as she curtseyed, opened a portal, and walked in as the portal closed behind her.

‘Well, damn. Even in this world I still kinda suck with girls.’ Kevin said as he remembered Gwen.

‘She must have gotten taller. But honestly, this Ashley isn’t so bad either.’ Kevin thought as resumed work. As he worked, he made a mistake and cursed.

‘Damn it, this Ashley is good at playing with people’s minds even though she didn’t mean it. Why do all of them here have to be so beautiful?’ Kevin thought as he rounded up on the features of the ship.

 

******

 

“My King, we are here to tell you about…” One of the male guards approached Kevin’s workshop but couldn’t find him.

“You! Tell the Queen that King Kevin is not here.” The male guard addressed a female guard who appeared to be sulking but responded and began flying to the castle.

 

Appearing at Ashley’s balcony in a tuxedo made with his thoughts, Kevin called for Ashley.

“I didn’t expect you to come at all!” Ashley said as she walked to her balcony surprised at Kevin’s choice of attire but impressed since the suit brought out his broad shoulders and made him look sharp with his silver hair resting on his shoulders.

“I am just hungry to try out your people’s cuisine.” Kevin said as he looked Ashley up and down. She wore a silver evening gown that had sparkling stones, her red hair was let down, and this time she wore footwear that matched her clothes.

“You like what you see?” Ashley asked as she slid her arms into Kevin’s.

“I am just here to eat.” Kevin said without making eye contact.

“That’s fine.” Ashley responded as the duo flew down the balcony into another balcony that led to a long corridor that had several guards on the opposite side of the wall. The corridor was decorated with many different coloured plants and flowers.

“You guys must be vegetarians huh?” Kevin said observing the castle as his mood went down a bit.

“Well not all of us. Some of us still hunt and some of us like meat.” Ashley said smiling.

Kevin immediately turned his face away at that sight and focused on the feast.

The duo eventually reached a very large hall with several paintings, plants, fairies dancing in pairs, and a music band playing instruments that Kevin thought looked strange. It looked more like a ball than a feast.

Suddenly, a guard called the attention of the fairies in the hall who looked up and noticed the Queen whose arm was locked in with their King.

“All Hail Queen Ashely! All Hail King Kevin!” The fairies kept chanting until the duo reached two thrones and sat on it. All of this was a very weird and uncomfortable experience for Kevin.

He wasn’t used to many people chanting his name for anything positive. He didn’t complain about it but felt uncomfortable since all of this just made him want to stay and he didn’t like that.

A maidservant near the side of the throne leaned closely to Kevin and whispered, “I can feel your mood and it doesn’t feel right. Remember your thinking affects this planet, so stay positive.”

“Sophia?” Kevin turned to look at the flying maidservant. Sophia spoke through her and left which made the maidservant confused as to why she was so close to the throne and fly back a little.

“Do you really hate it here?” Ashley asked looking into Kevin’s eyes.

“This is not the place to talk about it but, everything is happening all at once and too fast.” Kevin said with folded arms but tried to focus on what he was about to eat. Ashley simply snapped her fingers and a large dining table as long as a football field (soccer field) filled the hall with various foods.

“People of the Republic of fairykind, remember how hard our brothers and sisters fought bravely to secure our escape, our future from the galactic conqueror known as Vilgax who parades the galaxy conquering planets for his own gain. Remember when we thought all hope was lost when this planet we sought refuge on was dying? But no more do we have to worry about that at least for a time. We have King Kevin here to thank for giving us more time, soon we will get our planet back. But now, Let the first Feast since our exile begin!”

 


Authors note:

 

Bad news first, as I said before no Patreon member means that I can't afford my editor for now anyway.

Good news, the new fanfic I want to release soon is up for review at your leisure, chapter one and two are free on the Patreon so go check it out on the collections tab and tap/click on 'THE SLAYER ADVENTURES'. There will be a harem, and it is not going to be a 'gotta catch 'em all' type.

What world do you want the MC to enter first it is all up to you. Do you want DCEU, MCU, Bleach, Avatar the last airbender? Let me know in the comments on the Patreon or here after you read the chapters.

2