CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I AM SOPHIA.
45 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I AM SOPHIA.

 

 

"Why do you know that? How do you know it's a lost technique? What even makes it lost?" Kevin inquired, choosing the path of caution with this enigmatic entity that identified herself or itself as the will of the planet.

 

"That's the easy part; one of the conquerors of the Oren galaxy came across this planet on a mission to scout other intelligent life in this quadrant of the universe. He is a very powerful existence that threatened the existence of this planet as a whole," the ethereal figure explained with a calm expression.

 

Kevin was taken aback by this revelation, especially since she mentioned the Oren Empire, confirming the veracity of his late master's words. He attempted to piece everything together but continued to listen intently.

 

"His presence here was treated as a threat to life on Planet Sylvie, so the inhabitants of this planet prepared to go to war with him... which ended one-sidedly in the alien's favour. The only reason he spared the planet was just the fact that the pure energy that exists naturally here bought him a few more years to live at the expense of the integrity of the planet," the ethereal figure continued as she observed Kevin calming down but remaining on guard, and the storm above brewed slowly and gradually but not dispersing.

 

"If absorbing the energy on our planet were all it took to gain a fraction of your current abilities, the planet would have ceased to exist eons ago. The energy existing freely here isn't just pure in the sense that it is already refined into matter that can enrich other matter, but pure as in raw, unrestrained, and unbound by logic. Any energy-absorbing being that comes into contact with it, attempting to absorb it without the energy cultivation technique that that alien has, would be broken down and purified to become part of the energy of the planet that will work for the sake of the planet."

 

"As much as our energy isn't bound by logic, it still has two conditions for those who can be administrators of the planet. One is that strange energy cultivation technique that has been lost ever since the Oren Galaxy ceased to exist, and the other is that the same person has to be an Osmosian," the ethereal figure concluded as calm returned to the sky above and to Kevin's demeanor. The ethereal figure made sure not to mention the 'father head' but instead used administrator since the word carried more privileges than responsibilities, unlike 'father head,' which still entailed the same meaning in this case.

 

"I now understand what you and the others were saying. What I don't understand is why the second condition is that one has to be an Osmosian," Kevin said as he sat down on a dark throne, still having the ice spears pointed in the direction of the ethereal figure.

 

"Well, you see, the Oren Empire did not just cease to exist but was, in fact, destroyed by the major races in the universe. The Galvan, Anodites, Incurseans, Hybrid lords, and the Plumbers (not a race but an organization consisting of several races that enforce galactic laws) all came together for the first time to eradicate a growing empire that threatened to conquer the whole universe. They built a supernova bomb along with its container to reduce the damage it would cause to neighboring galaxies with all their resources combined. This bomb destroyed more than half of the galaxy which was enough since the black holes did the rest of the job," the ethereal figure explained, widening Kevin's eyes in surprise. His master told him this, but he thought it was just an exaggeration.

 

"You would think the damage was contained by the device they built to also contain it, but no. The damage was so great that some of it managed to breach the containment device and almost destroyed our planet and others nearby. I had to come out and personally stop the remaining chain explosion and deadly radiation, which drained a lot of energy from the planet. But I was helped by a celestial being. Remember that alien that came soon after? He took a lot from what little energy the planet had to sustain itself. The planet has been suffering ever since that I almost encouraged a civil war. That would have happened a few years from now if you hadn't come," the ethereal figure said as her eyes looked sad, as if regretting her thoughts.

 

"Who helped you?" Kevin asked coldly, not wanting to fall into the emotional trap that he assumed the will of the planet had set up. For some reason, he could tell that she wasn't lying ever since.

 

"You still don't trust me? I cannot read your thoughts. But that doesn't mean I can't tell exactly what you are feeling. And my name is Sophia, King Kevin," Sophia declared with a sly grin.

 

'I guess King doesn't sound bad. But is this lady playing with me?' Kevin thought to himself, maintaining suspicion.

 

"Oh, alright, let me continue. It was a rogue Celestialsapien who offered me help when he, from the way it sounded, saw me struggling to protect the planet in outer space. He simply flicked his finger, and the chain explosion along with the deadly radiation all packed up into a neat ball and flew far into the Oren Empire that was collapsing in on itself. He did it as if he swatted an annoying fly," Sophia explained with annoyance and a hint of jealousy in her tone as she folded her hands and pouted her lips with her body hovering.

 

Kevin almost jolted out of his throne. Ever since Khan's mindless slaughter to Khan squaring up with fate, his escape, and his descent to Planet Sylvie, surprises kept hitting him unawares as if he were in a game show.

 

'Just what the hell is going on?' Kevin thought to himself. From her description of her benefactor's abilities, what he had read from a classified plumber file that contained every race recorded in the universe, and the knowledge gained from the philosopher's orb, those beings were connected to the creation of the universe.

 

It was both good news that the Celestialsapien helped and bad news that it helped immediately and its thoughts were of one mind which meant it could act more freely than most members of its race since their minds were in constant debate but at least bound themselves by the moral codes of various galaxies when venturing in space.

 

"I can sense your concern. It also worried me too, especially when he modified one of the rules that dictated the qualifications of becoming a father head of this planet," Sophia said with a serious expression.

 

 


 

NEXT CHAPTER: SOPHIA AND SYLVIE.

 

CHAPTER PREVIEW:

..."In fact, the magical fairies you see here escaped from their conquered planet to seek a new world as their home here thousands of years ago. My older sister accepted them with open arms since they are creatures of magic that also helped this world grow. But their magic is not enough to sustain the world for eons. This world was made with what little energy Sylvie had; it is enough to keep the world intact for only ten thousand years. My sister seeks retribution against her usurper who banished her, the rightful crown princess of our race. And one of the fastest ways for our kind to gain strength is to literally cultivate planets." Sophia spoke of her sister proudly as she continued.

 

"Interesting," Kevin said as he studied the ethereal figure...


 

Authors Note: I am currently observing a short hiatus to bring even more amazing content, meanwhile let that not stop you from reading ahead on the Patreon.

Since you love the story and can't wait to dive into more? What are you waiting for? Unlock exclusive content now on Patreon @ www.patreon.com/HeavenlyEnel. 🚀💫

5