CHAPTER SIXTEEN: CHAKRA NATURES.
88 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: CHAKRA NATURES.

 

 After a year of training with Kakashi and Yamato. Gilgamesh was already moving around like any other ninja except this time he wasn’t allowed to practice other jutsu apart from controlling his chakra.

His movement became his strength and he would often play hide and seek with Kakashi and Yamato occasionally under the guise of seeing if he could run out of chakra which never happened.

Kakashi and Yamato came up with an idea to expand his sensory skills since he was deemed to be a sensory ninja. They would occasionally tell Gilgamesh to look for them after he counted to a hundred facing a tree. The duo would create multiple shadow clones to put Gilgamesh’s sense of tracking off which continued for months until Gilgamesh’s sensory range was forced to expand after frequently trying to catch Kakashi and Yamato in a short time frame.

 

The longest he had gone looking for them was forty-five minutes and the earliest in ten. But his numbers kept improving every day until his instructors were convinced he could start learning taijutsu and other ninjutsu.  

“You are barely six years old but you can compete with some chunnin-level ninjas who are also sensory-type ninjas as well. Your stamina is also commendable, I think by the time you turn ten you should be able to run from here to the village hidden in the sand. Today we decided to learn about your chakra nature and teach you some techniques related to that. Kakashi said as a matter of fact.

“Well, if you can remember I tried using that leaf method but nothing happened.” Gilgamesh replied.

“I know. That’s why we will try all chakra nature jutsu with you. If you don’t have an affinity for either it won’t work anyway.” Kakashi explained.

“Now, let’s start with a simple fireball jutsu. Watch my hand signs.” Kakashi said as he weaved his hand signs slowly.

“Fire style: Fireball jutsu!” Kakashi chanted as a huge fireball escaped from his mouth and boiled the surface of the river for a few seconds before dispersing.

“That’s amazing. You just breathed fire.” Gilgamesh commented and turned to the river and weaved the hand signs in a second.

‘He is fast!’ Kakashi thought.

Without saying anything a golden fireball not any smaller than Kakashi’s heated the surface of the water for thirty seconds before dispersing.

“That colour of fire is quite unique. And how long it lasted is a testament to your immense chakra pool.” Kakashi commented.

“Alright since nothing went wrong this time let’s try water style. I honestly half expected you to be on fire on something that’s why I brought us near the river.” Kakashi said with a sarcastic tone.

“I will simply become the greatest ninja ever. And the whole world will know my name.” Gilgamesh said with a smile on his face.

“Getting cocky already? Now watch me. Water release: Water bullet jutsu!” Kakashi said as he weaved his hand signs quickly.

A powerful torrent of water escaped Kakashi’s lips in a precise and accurate stream.

“If done accurately enough, it can be a deadly jutsu.” Kakashi explained.

Gilgamesh nodded and weaved the same hand signs in a second without saying anything this time and a powerful torrent of water continued to escape from Gilgamesh’s mouth for a while until Gilgamesh stopped.

‘With the way he is going, he might have a boil-style kekkei genkai which is the mixture of fire and water. A sensory type and a kekkei genkai, he will be a dependable ninja someday.’ Kakashi thought.

“Is that all?” Gilgamesh asked.

“A common ninja has a single-chakra nature. A decent ninja has at least two chakra natures. A rare ninja has three chakra natures. An excellent ninja can use up to four chakra natures and masters or exceptional ninjas who are considered legends in their own right can use all five.” Kakashi explained to Gilgamesh.

“That’s good to know that I am indeed exceptional, haha!” Gilgamesh laughed to himself.

“You are indeed different from the norm with your immense chakra pool, stamina, and learning speed. But even ninjas with just one chakra nature can defeat exceptional ninjas too.” Kakashi said to a pouting Gilgamesh.

“Anyway, let’s try earth style.” Kakashi said but paused to see Gilgamesh weaving the hand signs for earth-style mud wall jutsu before he could even show him. Apparently, Gilgamesh remembered the hand signs he made a year ago!

A vertical wall made of earth broke the ground and rose till it was about Kakashi’s head level. Moving away from the wall to face Gilgamesh, Kakashi inspected the thickness of the wall with his eyes and the sturdiness by passing chakra to his hand to form a fist and punched the wall. The wall remained firm as Kakashi nodded.

“I see, so you remembered the hand signs for the earth-style technique I did a year ago?” Kakashi asked and Gilgamesh folded his arms in pride with a slow nod.

“Alright let’s see if you also have the wind nature. Wind style: gale palm!” Kakashi weaved another different set of hand signs in a second and pushed his right palm forward causing a controlled gust of wind to shoot forward to the mud wall breaking half of it.

Gilgamesh in turn copied Kakashi and released a wind attack that shot out violently from his palm destroying the half-destroyed wall and causing a partition in the river. The area became windy for ten seconds until the wind died down.

“One more until I prove my exceptional status.” Gilgamesh teased with his hands crossed.

“Now your real training starts!” Kakashi said as he walked away.

“Huh? What about the last…” Gilgamesh said but raised his arms defensively as Kakashi launched a quick attack at Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh was pushed back a little as a result of that.

“I thought you just have a photographic memory but it seems your reaction is just as good.” Kakashi responded.

“A ninja without a means to defend themselves when they aren’t given the time or circumstances that won’t allow them to use ninjutsu is trash and will not live a long life.” Kakashi said to the surprised Gilgamesh who maintained his guarded stance.

“You better come at me with all you have learned so far before you end up with more injuries than planned.”

 

 


 

NEXT CHAPTER: BLUE BEAST!

 "...

“Ho, you made me use the substitution technique. Not bad.” Kakashi said appearing behind Gilgamesh who was already shocked but quickly recovered as he weaved hand signs in a second and pointed his palm behind him.

A violent gust of wind escaped his palm and propelled him forward as he landed perfectly away from Kakashi.

“That’s another way to use the gale palm.” Kakashi said with palm in a striking position aimed at Gilgamesh’s neck from behind.

..."

Read ahead or support my mangaka journey on atreon.com/HeavenlyEnel.

Shoutout to our first Blessed Mortal, thank you for your support!

 

8