CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: BACK TO THE VILLAGE.
55 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: BACK TO THE VILLAGE.

 

Captain Yamato continued to keep a blank and defeated expression as Kurenai explained.

“But the only handicap he has is that he can only maintain it for a minute.” Kurenai ended her explanation which gave Captain Yamato a sense of relief and pride for Gilgamesh who is already on his way to take the best genjutsu expert title from Kurenai.

“I know what you are thinking, but he still has a long way to go. He might have a lot of chakra, even more than a chunin but he still needs to get better at concentration and his reflexes in case he gets caught during his genjutsu.” Kurenai nodded slowly folding her arms.

“Alright, I’ll make a deep box for the bandits. The three of us can just lift the box from its edges and make our way to the village at the same time instead of just calling for backup.” Captain Yamato said as he jumped down and restrained the bandits with his wood release.

 

*****

 

It took the group thirty minutes to reach the village. Even the weight of the box didn’t slow them too much since they empowered their limbs with chakra but had to bounce off each branch at a quick pace and timing so as not to fall off the trees. They could have followed the roads but they didn’t want to be seen.

The trio soon arrived in front of the village gate and Captain made a cartwheel and rolled the captured bandits in the box to the gate.

“Oi, stop right there!” Izumo Kamizuki demanded, one of the ninjas whose duty was to guard the gate of the village hidden in the leaf. Kamizuki has brown hair that is combed down and a forehead protector worn like a bandanna along with the normal green jacket that goes with the everyday Konoha shinobi outfit.

“Oh, Kurenai, It looks like you are back why don’t we go hang out and drink some sake and talk about your mission?” Hagane Kotetsu teased from the side of Kamikuzi. Kotetsu has long spiky black hair. He also has a strip of bandage running across the bridge of his nose and a dark-coloured mark on his chin that resembled a beard, he also wore the green jacket that chunins and jounin's normally wear.

“Idiot! Do you want us to be killed under the guise of being missing? Asuma senpai is already going out with her.” Kamizuki slapped the back of Kotetsu’s head and Kurenai giggled a bit.

Captain Yamato cleared his throat and gave a code name to Kotetsu and Kamizuki since he was still wearing his mask and the duo responded with a nod and let them pass.

“Please round up these bandits for interrogation.” Captain Yamato said, undoing his wood release a little and leaving immediately with Gilgamesh and Kurenai.

“Who’s that kid?” Kotetsu asked.

“I don’t know, but I get the feeling he’s like that Uchiha prodigy that got into the Anbu. I don’t know his name since those Anbu guys like keeping their private life, private. But I hear he is at least under the age of fifteen! Can you imagine that?” Kamizuki replied as he looked at the bandits who began to wake up.

“Wow, that’s quite the story. Anyway, let’s get these guys in.” Kotetsu remarked.

 

*****

 

The trio leaped through buildings and roofs with ease as they made their way to the Hokage’s mansion.

This is amazing. It was only last year when I looked at the other ninjas moving around as I am now. I have come a long way indeed. I almost flying!’ Gilgamesh thought to himself as he smiled and closed his mouth so as not to swallow a bug, he almost swallowed one on his way to the village so he took caution.

“Just look at how happy he is. My little boy, my little genius, my little prodigy, my lil… my Gilgamesh. Please let me call you…” Kurenai pleaded as they raced to the Hokage mansion.

“No.” Gilgamesh said firmly and ran ahead to be with Captain Yamato which left Kurenai with no choice but to pout.

A few masked ninjas appeared out of nowhere to stop the trio from approaching the mansion. But after they conformed it was Captain Yamato leading the group that dispersed in the same second.

The trio soon found themselves in the mansion and walked upstairs to the office of the Hokage.

“I have returned with the subject, Gilgamesh, and am on standby for a summary report.” Captain Yamato said as soon as the trio were let inside the office.

“Kurenai reporting.” Kurenai stated.

“Lord Gilgamesh himself is here.” Gilgamesh stated with his hands folded and a smirk on his face as he looked at The Third.

Releasing a deep sigh, “I don’t feel any change in the boy. Or maybe that’s just how he has always been with his untraceable chakra signature.” The Third said as he reclined on his chair.

“Sir, we captured the wolf mask bandits on our way here, and Gilgamesh played a part in it.” Captain Yamato stated.

“Oh.” The Third said as he stood up and removed his ceremonial robe revealing a normal tight-fitting black shinobi outfit.

“Yes, I hesitate to mention this. But he managed to put me and the leader of the bandits…” Captain Yamato said while gritting his teeth behind his mask.

“Well, get on with it. Do I look like I have much time remaining in this world?” The Third asked impatiently.

“…He put the both of us under genjutsu without either of us knowing.” Captain Yamato finally let those words loose from his mouth with great difficulty. He had to be careful because his fellow Anbu members were probably around and hidden but probably listening.

“Oh, you mean he managed to put a whole jounin ninja like you, under genjutsu, without you even knowing? You, a special type of jounin, wow.” The Third almost couldn’t hold back his laugh but chuckled a bit. Well, that’s if you consider laughing out loud a chuckle.

Some muffled laughs could be heard from outside the office and mansion. The Third regained his composure and scolded the Anbu ninjas who listened and gave them a month’s suspension without pay.

 

 


Authors note:

Bad news first, as I said before no Patreon member means that I can't afford my editor for now anyway.

Good news, the new fanfic I want to release soon is up for review at your leisure, chapter one and two are free on the Patreon so go check it out on the collections tab and tap/click on 'THE SLAYER ADVENTURES'. There will be a harem, and it is not going to be a 'gotta catch 'em all' type.

What world do you want the MC to enter first it is all up to you. Do you want DCEU, MCU, Bleach, Avatar the last airbender? Let me know in the comments on the Patreon or here after you read the chapters.

 

9