CHAPTER ELEVEN: DOES HE EVEN HAVE CHAKRA?
124 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER ELEVEN: DOES HE EVEN HAVE CHAKRA?

 

Gilgamesh spent time joking and teasing Naruto about the state of his room and soon switched to asking about the shortcuts in the village that he knew so well to beat him in his last race with him. At that point, Naruto only looked proud of himself and pointed to himself as he exaggerated how he found them. The boys laughed hard on the bed until Gilgamesh began to open up about himself a little.

 

“I will be straightforward. Where are your parents, Naruto?” Gilgamesh asked as his red eyes inspected Naruto's expression.

 

Naruto's upbeat smile soon turned into that of a sad smile, “Well, you see, gramps—I mean, The Third Hokage told me they died by the time I was born. He let me live in this apartment without paying for anything since he says he’s indebted to my parents.” Naruto explained as his gaze lingered towards the floor.

 

“Hmm, that’s rather interesting. You see, you and I are alike. I know my parents are special for a fact, but I don’t know who they are either,” Gilgamesh replied as he assumed a very relaxed position with his head resting on his hands at the head of the bed.

 

“Oh…” Naruto was at a loss for words. He had never met any kid in the village without parents, and Gilgamesh just saying this out of the blue gave him pause.

 

“And you are my first friend here. Only you can call me the name you call me by since I lost to you. And it will be my final loss!” Gilgamesh proclaimed as his eyes shimmered a little, as if to concur with what he said.

 

“Haha, lil Gil!” Naruto chuckled while Gilgamesh wore a dry expression. The duo played cards for a while and decided to head for the Ramen shop since they were hungry. The shop owner, for some reason, rejected the money that Gilgamesh offered to pay since he felt relieved that Naruto had found someone to play with.

 

“Where did you even get that money from?” Naruto asked as he walked alongside Gilgamesh since it was evening, and Naruto decided to escort him to know where he lived.

 

Looking sideways playfully, Gilgamesh answered, “Well, the person that comes to check on me from time to time left his poor wallet all alone on the table. I thought the wallet wanted some company and would also like to go out and have fun with us so I brought it along!” Gilgamesh said as he slowly revealed a slim black wallet which made the naughty duo reveal a sinister chuckle.

.

.

.

 

 

That sly rascal!’ Kakashi thought and entered the building when he saw Naruto waving back and running back to his place happily after escorting Gilgamesh back home.

Kakashi entered through the window and saw Gilgamesh handing him his wallet as if expecting him. Kakashi’s eyes narrowed as he took the wallet from Gilgamesh’s grasp, scanned the contents, and gave a sigh of relief but coughed once to regain composure.

 

“Just now, how did you know where I was going to come from?” Kakashi asked as he looked down at the five-year-old.

 

“I just… felt you around here.” Gilgamesh decided to keep things simple answering him.

 

“I see you made a new friend,” Kakashi said as he plopped down on the sofa.

 

“Yes, his name is Naruto. Do you know him?” Gilgamesh asked.

 

“How did you feel about the people staring at you and Naruto playing in the village?” Kakashi asked.

 

Oh, I just felt like setting their bodies on fire and impaling them afterward for all to see. Next time they will know to look at me like that.’ Gilgamesh smiled in thought. In truth, the people looked at Naruto with scorn and hate while most of the female population looked at Gilgamesh as an adorable innocent boy; they were only confused as to why he was publicly playing with Naruto.

 

“Did I do something wrong? They just kept staring.” Gilgamesh asked innocently.

 

“Something tells me you know exactly what’s wrong. But I have news for you,” Kakashi said as sighed out loud.

 

“The Third is waiting for you now in his office with someone who wants to see you.” Kakashi concluded.

 

Silence reigned in the room for a minute as Gilgamesh looked at Kakashi with a stern gaze and folded his fists.

 

“Honestly, I envy Naruto’s freedom a bit. I hate being watched all the time.” Gilgamesh revealed as he decided to stop hiding the fact that he could be a sensory-type ninja.

 

Kakashi’s right eye widened a bit at that revelation.

 

Just how long has he known this? Did one of those fools fall asleep or was sloppy and got caught by a five-year-old?’ Thoughts ran through Kakashi’s mind as he crouched.

 

“Get on my back. We leave immediately.” Kakashi ordered. Gilgamesh got on as he instructed and Kakashi jumped through the open window and began his wall run and occasional jumps to the Hokage’s Mansion.

 

Before he reached the Mansion, masked ninjas saw Kakashi approaching the mansion and cleared him with a wave as they went back into hiding while protecting the vicinity of the Hokage’s mansion. Kakashi finally entered the office with Gilgamesh on his back.

 

“Hatake Kakashi reporting.” Kakashi said in an almost mechanical voice.

 

The Third was seen discussing with another man who wore grey robes and a dark green jacket with long black hair that reached his waist. The man appeared blind by the colour of his eyes but moved as if he could see normally.

 

Gilgamesh got down from Kakashi as he observed this person.

 

“Is he the one?” The white-eyed man asked.

 

“Yes, he is Gilgamesh Lord Hiashi.” The Third answered respectfully as he stared at Gilgamesh with a stern expression.

 

“Alright then, allow me.” Lord Hiashi said as he activated his Byakugan while making a ram hand sign with his right hand only. Veins spread from his eyes to the sides of his face as he inspected Gilgamesh’s body.

 

Gilgamesh felt a foreign force trying to inspect him but his coexisting energies repelled that force as Lord Hiashi’s jaw dropped.

 

His reaction did not go unnoticed as Kakashi and The Third looked at Lord Hiashi and back at Gilgamesh.

 

Releasing a deep sigh, Lord Hiashi deactivated his Byakugan as the veins around his eyes became less prominent until they disappeared from his face within the same second.

 

“He definitely has chakra, if I would call it that. It appears to be coexisting with a foreign energy that I do not know of. But the thing is, I could only look at it for half a second, and I think the kid just let me have a look; otherwise, there would be no other way to even see.” Lord Hiashi said as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

 

“It’s as if he is not even here, but here he is.” Lord Hiashi's concluded observation left the already surprised audience in awe.

 

 

CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE THIRD’S DECISION.

 

(A/N):  In case I haven't clarified, Hiruzen Sarutobi, The Third Hokage will be known as The Third for short. 

If you want to read ahead and support future projects, have a say in the following chapters, and character creation, I hesitate to say this but even harem requests, join the [email protected]/HeavenlyEnel.

 

10