Chapter 5: May
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

May

Senna doesn't visit this month. She does call, though.

"Jay...I know you're listening to this. I know you're hurting right now, my darling, and I want to help you through this, as long as it takes. You may have made...mistakes, in your past, but those mistakes are why you are still here. Why you've made it to the farm. Why you've met me. If you hadn't sent the distress call, you would be on your own, alone, forever. Pathos-IV is registered as a barren planet in our systems. Nobody would have come for you. I'll be here for you, now and forever, my darling little warrior. Please, just...say something."

"Senna...I-I'm sorry. I'll see you next month..."

Jay turned off the communicator, and sighed into their hands. How could they have been so selfish? A literal miracle worker appears from nowhere and offers to save them from certain doom, and they shoo them away. "She sees me." They say to no one. "She sees *me*. Not-not the scars, not the, the mask, she sees me for me."

They step outside of the estate, and go rooting around for some seeds. The crops are starting to come in, must be some affini magic, or something. They think. Then, they notice something growing, something odd, in the vegetables.

Flowers. Senna's flowers. A deep, dark orange lotus-like growth, bearing seeds. They take the seeds from the flower, sniffling. "I've been a fool."

0