Chapter 63: The True Nature of Hu Jia
51 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the students couldn't help but cast doubtful glances at Lu Yunxiao. When a beautiful woman takes the initiative to express affection, most men wouldn't refuse. Moreover, Hu Jia's identity and talent were extraordinary. For such an outstanding girl to confess her feelings, most people would be unable to refuse. Yet, Lu Yunxiao had actively rejected her. In their eyes, it was truly puzzling.

Facing Hu Jia's angry gaze and earnest expression, Lu Yunxiao carefully scrutinized her delicate appearance and smiled, saying, "If we're talking about beauty, you're undoubtedly beautiful, with an excellent figure. It's difficult to find anyone in the entire outer Academy who can compare to you."

"Then why did you reject me? Do you look down on me?" Hu Jia questioned again. Though she didn't actually like Lu Yunxiao, his straightforward rejection had still offended her. Was she so unbearable as a young woman? Did Lu Yunxiao really look down on her? Did he refuse without even a polite excuse? She couldn't accept it. She really couldn't accept it. She wanted a satisfactory answer from Lu Yunxiao.

"It's too much to say I look down on you. Honestly, you're outstanding, so how could I look down on you?" Lu Yunxiao set down the scroll in his hand and said calmly, "The reason I rejected you without hesitation is not only because we just met and are still unfamiliar with each other, but more importantly, you were not honest, and you didn't respect me."

"How am I not honest? How did I disrespect you?" Hu Jia retorted indignantly. She had mustered up the courage to confess her feelings, how could that be considered disrespectful to Lu Yunxiao?

Lu Yunxiao gave a faint smile as he casually pulled out another scroll and opened it. He continued, "Do you know you're quite famous?"

"Do you need to tell me that?" Hu Jia retorted impatiently. She was indeed a prominent figure in the academy. Wasn't that obvious?

"You're also quite famous for liking women," Lu Yunxiao remarked casually.

At this, Hu Jia was momentarily stunned. How did Lu Yunxiao know about this? He had only been in the academy for a month, and it was said he kept to himself, focusing solely on cultivation. How did he know so much about her, including her preferences?

"Would you believe a person who likes women suddenly confessing to me?" Lu Yunxiao asked calmly.

"Even if I liked women before, can't I like you now? After seeing you, I no longer like women; I like men now. Can't that be possible? Just because I liked women before, you can't reject me. I confessed to you, even in front of so many people. Isn't that believable?" Hu Jia argued. Upon hearing Lu Yunxiao, Hu Jia was momentarily stunned, then vehemently argued back, still looking unconvinced, her eyes fixed on Lu Yunxiao.

Seeing Hu Jia's reaction, Lu Yunxiao's lips twitched. This girl was still being stubborn even at this point, still insisting on her viewpoint. Originally, he had intended to give her some face, but now it seemed she wouldn't relent until she saw the coffin.

Lifting his gaze, Lu Yunxiao looked at Hu Jia and asked with a smile, "Don't you think when you confessed, you were particularly gentle and affectionate? Sometimes, do you even feel touched by yourself?"

"Isn't that true?" Hu Jia asked softly in return.

She felt her performance was already very good. Suppressing the overwhelming shame in her heart, her confession was so affectionate. Honestly, she felt she had done exceptionally well, completely flawless.

"Of course not," Lu Yunxiao stated flatly.

Hu Jia's pretty face instantly darkened at Lu Yunxiao's direct words, but he completely disregarded her reaction and continued, "Initially, I was indeed taken aback. I thought you were sincere. However, upon closer observation, hmm, there were quite a few flaws."

"Firstly, although your gaze seemed affectionate, upon closer inspection, aside from surface-level affection, there was nothing else. It seemed hollow. Eyes are the windows to the soul. Truly loving eyes can make people feel moved and warm. That's the power to touch the soul, but your eyes completely lacked that.

Secondly, though your words were gentle, they sounded discordant, giving off a strange feeling, somewhat forced. There was no genuine tenderness that could make one feel intoxicated, unlike the feeling of being bathed in a spring breeze. Don't ask me how I know this, because I've felt it before, not just once.

Lastly, and most importantly, your face was too red, not like shyness but more like embarrassment. Because a shy girl would appear somewhat timid, but you didn't. You were gripping too tightly with your hands, leaving nail marks. This didn't seem like nervousness but rather embarrassment and feeling somewhat inadequate. I didn't sense any nervousness from you at all.

Even upon careful observation of your expression, I could feel a strange self-assurance, as if you were certain you could win me over. Is that how a normal person confesses? To be honest, watching your performance made me somewhat embarrassed. Your acting skills need improvement." Lu Yunxiao calmly gave his final assessment, and as soon as these words were uttered, it was like a thunderbolt on a clear day for Hu Jia. She stood there dumbfounded, frozen in place.

The other students watching were similarly shocked. With just one confession, Lu Yunxiao managed to notice so many things. Truth be told, while they found Hu Jia's proactive confession a bit odd, they hadn't noticed anything wrong. They thought it was quite affectionate. What kind of eyes did Lu Yunxiao have to spot so many inconsistencies Facing Hu Jia's confession, he could still calmly find flaws. This mentality was truly remarkable!

"Lu Yunxiao!" After standing still for a while, Hu Jia let out a piercing shout. Her face had turned as dark as the bottom of a pot. Not only had Lu Yunxiao rejected her in front of everyone, but he had also criticized her performance publicly. Especially the last part, he even mocked her. He even sarcastically mocked her back!

Feeling the strange gazes from the surrounding students, Hu Jia completely shed her disguise, reverting to her true self as a wild girl. Damn all the gentleness, she just wanted to beat Lu Yunxiao up right now to vent her anger.

"What, not pretending anymore? I told you, gentleness and you are incompatible. This is the right way for you to open up," Lu Yunxiao said with a smirk.

"You still dare to speak, Lu Yunxiao, I'm going to fight you!"

Hearing Lu Yunxiao's continued remarks, Hu Jia felt like she was about to explode. Her eyes turned red, and with a powerful kick of her long, snow-white legs, she lunged at Lu Yunxiao with bared teeth and claws, revealing her wild nature.

3