Chapter 70: First Law Enforcement Task
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boom!" Wu Hao's body was directly struck and sent flying more than ten meters before landing with a loud thud.

Spraying a mouthful of blood into the air, Wu Hao barely moved when Lu Yunxiao's figure appeared, the Rainbow Sword pressing against his throat. The bone-chilling coldness made Wu Hao tremble all over, instantly ceasing his struggles.

"What is this move called?" Wu Hao raised his head, his voice hoarse. The momentum of that sword not only defeated him physically but also shook his beliefs. That terrifying momentum, like Mount Tai pressing down, truly made one's mind tremble.

"Sword Qi, a realm of swordsmanship, can harness the natural forces of heaven and earth within the sword," Lu Yunxiao answered lightly.

"Sword Qi?" Wu Hao muttered to himself, then looked at Lu Yunxiao. The blood color in his eyes gradually dissipated, replaced by a hint of desolation. "I lost, and I admit defeat."

After so many years, it was the first time he had lost to someone of his age, and it was such a miserable defeat. But he lost with great acceptance because Lu Yunxiao's strength was indeed astonishingly terrifying. He had exerted all his strength, yet Lu Yunxiao seemed indifferent, not even using that brilliant sword from earlier. The gap seemed too big!

"Your strength is also remarkable. At your age, you're already outstanding," Lu Yunxiao smiled slightly, sheathing his Rainbow Sword and extending his hand to Wu Hao.

"Far inferior to you," Wu Hao smiled bitterly, taking Lu Yunxiao's hand to stand up.

"Enough, both of you are very formidable," Yue Ling and Xiao Yu walked up side by side. Yue Ling's lips carried a smile as she spoke softly.

There was a hint of amazement in her eyes. Indeed, there's no falsehood under a great reputation. Lu Yunxiao's strength was truly as rumored, easily defeating Wu Hao. Moreover, it was across tiers, showcasing his extraordinary talent in battle.

"Yue Ling, you're exaggerating," Lu Yunxiao smiled faintly and said, "Let's go back. Let Wu Hao recuperate properly. We still have a mission to execute this afternoon."

Wu Hao's injuries weren't severe. With some healing medicine and rest, he would be fine.

"Alright, let's go back then," Yue Ling responded, and the group headed back the way they came.

...

In the blink of an eye, it was the next day. After a night of flying on flying beasts, Lu Yunxiao and his team had crossed the primitive forest outside the Jia Nan Academy and arrived at Peace Town!

On the streets of Peace Town, a team of enforcement officers gathered, led by a senior Dou Shi, with Lu Yunxiao and Wu Hao among them.

Lu Yunxiao held his sword against his chest, his jet-black hair cascading over his shoulders, his face elegant and extraordinary. Wu Hao stood beside Lu Yunxiao, carrying a blood-red heavy sword on his back, his face cold, with a hint of killing intent lurking.

Among these enforcement officers, they were the youngest, but none of the team members underestimated them. Their names were well-known among the enforcement officers, and their displayed strength upon joining the team had earned them admiration; they were not to be underestimated.

"This time, we're responsible for patrolling the streets of the northeast district of Peace Town. Apart from me, there are nine members at the Dou Shi level in the team. Let's pair up; each pair will be accompanied by three Dou Zhe, responsible for a whole street. In case of any situation, signal each other, and the rest will arrive as soon as possible."

"Lin Ye, Cheng Yun, you two are a team!"

"Luo Feng, Jin Long, you two are a team!"

...

"Wu Hao, and Lu Yunxiao, although Lu Yunxiao is not a Dou Shi, he has the strength of a Dou Shi. You two are a team, accompanied by three Dou Zhe, responsible for the Luo'an Street. Is that okay?" The leading Dou Shi looked at the two.

"No problem, Captain Sun." Wu Hao and Lu Yunxiao glanced at each other and said in unison.

"Very well, let's proceed like this. Everyone, go to your designated patrol streets. This time, our mission lasts for three days. After three days, there will be a change of guards." Captain Sun said again.

"Understood!" Everyone responded in unison.

Accompanied by three other Dou Zhe, Lu Yunxiao and Wu Hao went to their designated patrol street, Luo'an Street. Although Luo'an Street was not as bustling as the central street, it was still quite lively.

As they walked, Lu Yunxiao observed the surrounding shops and pedestrians on the road. Compared to the streets outside the Jia Nan Academy, there were noticeably more fierce-looking individuals in Peace Town. Without surprise, these people should all come from the Black-Corner Region and have blood on their hands.

As Lu Yunxiao and his group passed by, some people on the street looked at their enforcement robes, with a hint of fear in their eyes. The existence of the enforcement team was the biggest reason these fierce individuals dared not cause trouble in Peace Town.

Of course, some fearless ones would still cause trouble in Peace Town. The primary responsibility of Lu Yunxiao and his enforcement team was to deal with these troublemakers.

Luo'an Street was not very long, but it wasn't short either. Lu Yunxiao and Wu Hao's group took about ten minutes to walk around. 

Arriving at the end of the street, Lu Yunxiao and the others found a place to sit down. Generally, they would patrol the entire street like this every half an hour. It was impossible to patrol every moment because they were human, not machines, and needed rest.

"How does it feel to patrol for the first time?" Wu Hao leaned lightly against a wooden pillar beside Lu Yunxiao and asked casually.

"It's alright, there are quite a few fierce characters, but it's still manageable," Lu Yunxiao said casually, flicking his fingers.

"That's the significance of our enforcement team's existence—to deter them. However, these people are still wild and difficult to control. It's quite common for them to cause trouble in Peace Town, so we can't let our guard down," Wu Hao's eyes blinked, and his cold voice slowly came out.

"I understand. But I hope someone causes trouble. I came here to kill," Lu Yunxiao smiled lightly. If it wasn't to shed blood, why would he join the enforcement team? He came here to experience real life-and-death battles.

Moreover, the people causing trouble here were all ruthless individuals. Even if he killed them, he wouldn't feel any psychological burden. Wasn't this a good place to train in the Dao of the Sword? After all, the Dao of the Sword was about killing. How could there be no bloodshed?

Upon hearing this, a stiff smile appeared on Wu Hao's cold face. "What you said is right. Coming here is indeed for killing."

One couldn't kill in the academy, so if one wanted to kill openly and righteously, this was the best place to do so. Not only could it cultivate one's combat will, but real life-and-death battles could also maximize one's potential and make greater progress.

At the same time, killing many people could also cultivate a killing aura, which had a considerable effect on battles. When ordinary people sensed a terrifying killing aura, they would already be intimidated before a fight even started.

1