01- Falling
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Falling.

' Yes, I really feel like I'm falling. And I have to emphasize that I've felt this way for hours!'

' Well, what I think is hours after all, I feel on some kind of bed of wind that sways slightly.'

' I can't tell how long I've been here. Its confortable.'

' I feel like it's getting a little chilly now… maybe it's because of that open sky… wait!

'HEAVEN, I'M FALLING!'

Puff.

'It wasn't a big fall!'

Suddenly, my entire body feels in pain, almost as if my legs and arms are broken…

[UNAUTHORIZED SOUL DETECTED]

'Fuck!!...me-'

I can't speak or move, I just feel pain, my calves are on fire and the muscles in my shoulders feel dislocated or torn. From time to time my body spasms. When that happens it hurts more, but the worst...

The worst thing is the difficulty breathing. I try with all my might to breathe, but success only comes rarely. I'm dizzy and I want to vomit, is this what someone who has been hit by a truck feels like?

[STARTING SOUL PURGE]

 

[ … ]

 

[ERROR]

'AAAAGRRRR, when will this pain go away?''

[ SEARCHING SOLUTION ]

 

[...]

 

[ ANALYSIS OF VARIABLES COMPLETED ]

' Variables is my dick! FUCKING shoulder'

I still can't move.

[RESULT:]
A human body without a soul.
An unknown humanoid soul.
Primordial essence level by 30%

 

[HUMAN BODY]
Male gender
Age: 144,199 hours
Class: Spiritualist
Titles: The last of his clan!
Special Notes: Descendant of the Gods

 

State
Physical at  75.00%
Mental at 0.00%
Soul by 0.00%

 

[HUMANOID SOUL]
Genre: N/h
Age: o hours
Class: Simple soul
Titles: N/h
Special Notes: Unknown

  

State
Memory at 88.00%
Emotions at 66.00%
Soul at 99.00%

 

[SOUL + BODY FUSION IN PROGRESS]

'Shit! I think this is going to hurt...'

[CONCLUDED]

'Just that? I didn't even feel anything.'

I try to move again, despite the pain, this time my limbs react. I get enough strength to sit up.

Now I realize that the cold feeling is because it is raining.

'Haven't I seen stars? Huh?!! Wait... how high did I fall from?!?'

Looking around, I appear to be at the bottom of a narrow canyon with small bushes and grasses growing on its walls. The walls are very high, as high as a 10-story building in my old town.

The raindrops start to get bigger, it seems like the heavens are not happy with me here.

I place my hands on the wet, muddy ground and struggle to stand up. All I can do is drag one of my legs and squat.

'Now that I realize, what is that red thing on the floor? Blood? Is it mine, I mean this body?'

Mixed with the muddy water and running everywhere on the floor were large pools of blood. Mixed with rainwater, it seemed to form a red and macabre river.

The darkness formed by the black clouds in the sky and the flickering light of occasional lightning only helped to make everything even more sinister.

Finally I stand, as standing as I can.

Anyone who looked at the shape I am in my old city would say I was a drunk or a beggar.

[EXPERIMENTAL SOLUTION 42826 ON THE GO]

 

[REMOVE QUARANTINE AREA]

 

[SUCCESS]

I hear a strange sound and I feel my ears popping as if I were climbing a mountain and the pressure was increasing. Then something like an invisible hand grabs my head and pulls it back as I scream. Then he loosens his grip, allowing me to breathe normally again.

  After a few minutes, when my heart stopped beating like a drum in my chest, my mind cleared. There was no pain, no exhaustion, just the throbbing sensation of a sore neck, but other than that nothing changed. My clothes were still dirty and wet and the smell of grass and blood was still strong in my nostrils. But… the blood… I'm sure there was blood on my hands, face, legs, and the rest of me when I fell.

[CURES ALL SIDE EFFECTS OF SHIPPING COMPLETED]

 

[TIME-SPACE POSITION ADJUSTMENT COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY]

 

[THE SYSTEM INTERFERED IN THE WORLD THROUGH CERVICAL DYSTONIA]

 

[PHYSICAL INTEGRITY AT 98% DUE TO DAMAGE DUE TO MISMANAGEMENT OF 42826]

'Ah, so that pull was it.' I stand up and stretch.

‘Okay, so all of this in my mind right now are the memories of this body…’

Gradually a stream of information, images and memories are emerging in my mind. Apparently the world where I am, or as far as it was known, was called Gaia. A world full of mysteries, legends and magic. It was a mixture of intelligent cultures and races living in a pseudo middle age, with many facilities, as magic was used by almost everyone, in lesser or greater quantities.

The name of the former owner of this body was Lucius of the Corvinus clan. His clan is, or was judging by the blood stuffed in this place, the defenders of the steppe of the island of Anthers. A place where magic was taught in the form of a goddess cult. The matriarch and supreme commander of Anthers was the Lady of the Lake, precisely because the island is in a lake. There were other clans and other organizations, religious or not, like this one in this world, but the former owner of this body had no knowledge of what they were like... he only knew that they existed.

Horse noises began to be heard, and a slight tremor could be felt in the earth.

Right at the end of the gorge, which ended in a forest, as if they were Valkyries in search of souls, eight strangely dressed women appeared riding towards me. They rode in a triangular shape, with the woman in front riding a larger, completely black horse. She wore a blue dress and had long black hair that was flowing loose.

The other women were like warriors dressed in leather corsets and other strange clothing. They had weapons like swords on their waists and some others that I didn't recognize.

The black horse advanced and came within a few centimeters of my face.

******************************

The woman on the horse looked with narrowed eyes, as if she was trying to read my thoughts and intentions. Her eyes moved to Lucius, and his face paled slightly. He remained frozen until she said…

“Lucius.”

  He immediately turned around and ran towards the canyon wall. As soon as he reached the edge, he jumped.

The woman was startled slightly and turned her face towards the other women around her.

“That was…unexpected.’”

0