Chapter 1 – Chance Encounter
242 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This story is meant to be fairly wholesome and for most viewers. However…
*There are numerous LGBTQ characters in this story.
*There is an affirming transgender transformation in this piece.
*Mild profane language is used.

Becoming a Dream – Chapter 1
Chance Encounter

Roland rubbed Ariel’s shoulder. He could feel her incredible, raw power from across a room, never mind being right there next to her. And yet, she was so vulnerable, so human. He knew she had become an Angelic Genie months before she had appeared before him just an hour ago. She clearly had a hard time with how long it had been since she last saw them. She blamed herself for not reaching out sooner.

But Roland, with help from Kaylee and Andrea (their other friends), had come to understand what it meant for Ariel to be an Angelic Genie. He couldn’t blame her for being swept off her feet by the power and responsibility she now had. And through it all, he could feel the nudges Ariel’s magic had given her recently to bring her back to her friends. (It felt like her power was trying to convey that to him – something that he was struggling to comprehend.) He wanted Ariel to feel better, any way he could.

It was working; that shroud of hers seemed to convey her mood, and the more sparkly it was, the better she seemed to feel. She looked at him and smiled. He smiled back.

“So… How DID you know I was an Angelic Genie already?” Ariel asked.

“Agent Terrance,” he replied. “Andrea is going through her own strange magic transformation right now, actually. When we were talking, he popped up and told us he met an Ariel Hope – you – months ago.”

“Wow, really!?”

Roland smiled. “Andrea can’t wait to show you what she looks like now! She’s AMAZINGLY beautiful!”

“Gosh, I need to get my chat profile back up, don’t I?” Ariel sighed. “I really should have done that some time-“

“You were busy learning what you needed to for…”

“Heather.”

“Heather, huh? Nice name. Glad it’s not mine anymore,” Roland joked, alluding to his deadname.

Ariel instantly perked up, like her senses were on high alert.

“Woah, what is it, Ariel?”

Ariel’s eyes were locked onto a man passing by on the other side of the street. “Her…” Ariel muttered.

“Uh…” Roland muttered, trying to comprehend what Ariel was picking up on.

Ariel’s mind flashed through millions of possibilities in a fraction of a second, landing on one she thought would work. Roland watched as Ariel put her hands behind her back. Sky blue sparkles collected into a form, materializing into a metallic pink bracelet.

“Hang on, I’ll be right back! Someone needs my help!” Ariel exclaimed as she darted across the street.

“Uh, okay…” the dumbfounded Roland muttered, his words not reaching his magical friend.

Ariel tapped the sad-looking man on the shoulder. “Hey, you doing okay?”

“Uh… No, not really.” He was struggling to comprehend why it was so easy to talk to the young, odd-looking woman before him. “I just feel kinda miserable. Dreams I don’t feel like I’ll ever achieve. Just pushing through life…”

“Aww, I’m so sorry… I know how you feel. Been there myself. But no matter how silly or impossible the dream is, there’s always the chance it can come true…” Ariel handed him the metallic pink bracelet that she conjured up moments earlier. “Here. Think about that while you wear this. I think you’ll like it!”

The man stood there for a moment. He looked into her eyes. Then down at the bracelet. It was so enticingly feminine. He looked back into her eyes. Those amethyst eyes conveyed a sense of warmth and kindness he’d never seen before. Whoever this was, she wasn’t there to judge or hurt him. In fact, she felt like a warm hug for the soul – although how that was possible, he couldn’t figure out.

He slowly grabbed the bracelet and slipped it on. It felt warm and reassuring. A blush took over his face as some gender euphoria washed over him. He felt tingly all over. He looked at Ariel, who was smiling earnestly. He smiled back.

“Thank you, ma’am!” he said to her.

“You’re welcome…” Ariel leaned in close to whisper something he needed to hear.

“Miss!”

The man was startled and blushed a deep crimson. “H-how!?”

“Don’t worry about a thing! I won’t tell anyone. That’s your story. Good luck, girl!”

A small smile could be seen on the “man’s” face. “Th-thanks!”

The trans woman continued her trek, now standing a little taller with a small smile on her face. Ariel, meanwhile, returned to Roland.

“What was that all about?” he asked.

“Hehe, someone is going to wake up a very happy girl tomorrow…” Ariel hinted.

=======

She wouldn’t take the bracelet off. That kind girl’s gesture and knowing she was trans… There’s just no way any of that happened. But it did!

Not a soul knew. She wasn’t out online. She just kept it in for years. But… She knew what she always wanted, and she always wished it would one day happen. She just didn’t know how she was ever going to reach it. It always felt so far away…

She slipped into her usual shorts and shirt for bed. But the pretty bracelet was still on her wrist. The only thing that was feminine that she ever owned… Something about it put her at such ease. Unlike normal, she quickly drifted to sleep…

Ariel knew what she was doing. She sensed the overwhelming desire the transwoman had. She didn’t have a name for herself yet, but this bracelet’s magic was going to fix that – and a whole lot more!

It reached inward, sensing the girl’s tremendous desire. Ariel’s magic then began compiling all the thoughts and feelings she had into something coherent. Flashes of self-images came together, names surged by as the right one pieced together from years of yearning.

Melody. Among more names than she realized had passed through her mind in a fraction of a second, this one brought her the most euphoria – and a smile to her face.

“Your name is Melody now…” a voice called out from within her.

“I like the sound of that…” she sleepily muttered, not fully aware of the changes that were now taking place. Her ID on the end table next to her now reflected the name.

But this was far from over. Melody needed a body to match. It was here that Ariel’s divine magic stopped for a moment. Her ideal self… Was an anime girl. Large breasts, small body, natural brightly colored hair. This was really what Melody wanted? It wasn’t realistic at all, and yet… That’s where her depression came from. She knew it wasn’t feasible either. She convinced herself she could never be her ideal girl self, so she should never say it to anyone or pursue it…

The magic floated throughout her body. Would she really be happy if she was just a normal girl? There was only one answer…

Melody’s hair began to cascade downward, hot pink flowing through her strands like water. Not just there, but everywhere where she was still going to have hair. Her brows shifted, also matching her hair. Similarly, her ID changed to reflect this.

Melody shifted onto her side as her chest surged, massive weight from natural f-cups adorning her now slowly shrinking body. Under her shirt, magic flowed outward to give her chest needed support in the form of a bra. Her shirt sank inward as her waist caved inward, giving her sides increasing curves as her hips widened in tandem. She blushed as she slept, not understanding the feelings she was experiencing in the deepest sleep of her life. But something felt wonderful about it all. Her face became more rounded and softer. Her nose shrank. It was still human, but almost half the size it was before, a cute little button by comparison.

Her ID now showed crimson eyes, as well as her official designation of “Female.” She also looked happier in the new photo, a reflection of Melody’s changed life.

She’d never been a strong man before, but her new form was inspired by anime heroines. Her muscles strengthened and became more toned, while preserving her smooth appearance. She was now easily ten times as strong as she was before!

Magic then spread out from her. In particular, it reached for her clothes, giving her all the regular day to day outfits she’d love to wear… As well as some more exotic fare that could have come from the anime she now clearly could have come from herself.

Finally, the clothes she was wearing shifted, albeit only slightly, with her shorts tightening into a more womanly fit, and her shirt shrinking to match her new body – but still loose.

With everything changed, there was still some remaining magic left over… Not everything was yet satisfied, but there was nothing more it could do for now. It retreated into the bracelet once more.

What else changed, Melody would have to figure out when she woke up…

=======

Sunlight brushed against Melody’s face. She slowly stirred up and stretched. Nothing to do on a weekend, and some of the best sleep she ever had. She sat up…

And that’s when it started getting strange. Immediately, a cascade of hair blinded her!

“Pfft! Ack, what the!?” she sputtered out, spitting hair out of her mouth. But as she brushed the hair aside, she realized her voice had changed drastically. “Wait… Hello? Hello?” She realized the light voice was coming from her own throat!

She grabbed the suddenly longer hair and took a good look at it. Hot pink. A light tug assured her that it was attached to her scalp. And her hands! So petite, and yet, she could feel the firm grip they could give. And a simple glance down… There they were, a sight to behold for the trans girl, a chest of considerable size. She realized she felt them, and their weight, but somehow it didn’t bother her. And she realized a bra had somehow materialized under it all, giving them support! (But even she knew that this couldn’t be all of the reason she didn’t feel like they were tugging on her back…)

She jumped out of the bed and patted herself all over, feeling every inch of her new body. “N-no way! This is real!? I’m… I’m the girl I always wanted to be!”

Her girlfriend, Alex, who had been in the bathroom, had heard something going on in the adjacent room and came around the corner, still brushing her teeth. She had turned the corner and heard Melody’s last quip at the same time. She froze, shocked, trying to comprehend what she was seeing.

Melody didn’t notice and started looking in the mirror. She was indeed a girl. But her proportions… The decently wide hips, the massive chest, and the narrow waist… And the hair! The crimson eyes! She looked like a flesh and blood anime girl!

She leaned forward and placed a hand on the mirror. “Oh… My… This is me now? I-I look like the anime girl I always wanted to be! How is this possible?” That’s when her eyes met the bracelet on her outstretched arm. She pulled it back and took a closer look. As she did, her new name was being inscribed on it in real time: Melody.

“That lady… She knew I was trans, and she gave me a magic bracelet to make it possible…” she said, a few tears forming. “I wonder what Alex will think about all… Of…” Melody had turned to face her girlfriend, still standing there, frozen, with a toothbrush in her hand and mouth. Or at least, that’s where it was until it dropped to the floor.

“Uh, hello, Alex! Err, how long have you been standing there?”

Alex blinked. “A while.” She put her hands to her head, likely to keep it from exploding. “HOLY SHIT! What happened to you!?”

“I don’t know! I put on this bracelet a friendly lady gave me out of nowhere, and when I woke up, I was this! I think my name is Melody now or something… But you still remember I was-“

“Yeah. But if this is who you really were… Maybe it’d be best to not let that name slip out again… Melody.”

Melody blushed. Alex smiled. She was bi, which Melody knew already, so having a girlfriend where her “boyfriend” was didn’t bother her one bit. “It’ll take some getting used to, but if you’re happy with it, I’m happy with it!”

“Th-thanks, Alex!”

Alex walked up and gave Melody a hug around the waist. “Woah, you really do have anime girl proportions! And..." Alex patted down Melody's midsection. She was curious. “Do you mind if I lift your shirt a little, see what’s going on here?”

“Sure, I probably want to see myself. Feels pretty solid down there…”

Alex lifted the shirt up to show them Melody’s abdomen. She had toned, muscular abs, a genuine six pack! “Damn, girl, you’re ripped!” Alex remarked.

“You’re right! I feel like I could bench press an elephant…” Melody remarked. They both chuckled.

“But I gotta hand it to you, you look amazing…” Alex remarked as she buried her chin into Melody’s shoulder.

“I feel amazing…” Melody leaned her head into Alex’s.

Alex looked off to the side and saw the changed ID. “Woah, wait a minute, look at this! Your ID! It reflects you! I mean, girl you!” She handed it to Melody.

“So… My past changed too? But then how do you remember me?”

“That’s a good question… Maybe we can see who knows and who doesn’t by making some calls?”

“It might be awkward, but let’s give it a shot!” Melody agreed.

=======

They quickly got to work. Right away, Melody’s contact list had changed drastically, only one or two male friends still on her list. Looking them over, Alex realized the ones that stayed were ones she was fond of. Even Melody admitted some of her other friends were toxic. Good riddance, they agreed.

On the flip side, she had quite a few of Alex’s friends now. As they each called, they learned more about the new past they had together. All of their friends thought they were the cutest couple around, not batting an eye to Melody’s unusual appearance, which they learned were considered “genetic rarities.” Melody fell into warm, natural conversations with these “new” friends, feeling like she was recalling times they had spent together. Alex saw this and wondered if “being a guy” had ever held Melody back. There was something about her that really shined now…

As they made calls, they decided to look through Melody’s new wardrobe. They were bewildered by the 34F bras that she now wore. And the assortment was wildly mixed: some clothes looked like what she had before, with a more feminine fit, others were clearly genuine women’s clothes, like dresses and high heels, and some looked like armor and outfits straight out of an anime. Trying some of these on, some even started glowing in places, reacting to Melody’s body heat or energy.

Much of the Sunday was spent making calls and having Melody trying on her new outfits. The sky was already orange with a few more to go…

Alex was just finishing a call with her parents – who, on the other end of this strange spectrum, didn’t know Melody had become a girl until they checked the pictures they had of the two of them together! But seeing how much happier they were in the new pictures, they wholeheartedly approved!

“… I love you guys too! I’ll talk to you later! Bye-bye!” Alex hung up.

She turned to see Melody, who had just finished a call with her parents, smiling, but also crying. “Th-they accepted me for who I am…” she stammered, clearly choked up by her emotions. “B-but, yeah, they didn’t know I had been Melody either.”

“So, it seems like the closer they are to you – and the more accepting they are – the more they remember of the old you. That’s… Really specific.”

“But, you know, it feels good! I’ll take it…” She shifted around in her armor-that-isn’t outfit, which had slits in the sides showing the sides of her waist. “As well as these neat anime outfits! I never have to worry about costumes for conventions again!”

“Hehe!” Alex looked at the closet. There was another anime-style armor outfit in the closet. But a sparkle caught her eye: a sky-blue flash drive that hung from one of the arm pads. “Huh? What’s this?” She plucked it and handed it to Melody.

She examined it. “You know, it looks a bit like the weird girl I saw yesterday. Same sky blue as her dress, and the sparkly bits are like her cape thingy…”

“Maybe it’s from her?”

“Maybe? Let’s check it out.”

Alex pulled up a chair to Melody’s work desk while Melody plugged the drive into her laptop. It immediately booted up a chat app, signing Melody into a temporary profile of some kind.

“Huh, maybe it’s trying to reach her somehow…” Alex remarked as she sat down.

There was a single name on the friend list, “Ariel.” It suddenly flared to life, and a message popped up: “Give me a minute, I got to get some dust off this profile…”

They looked at each other for a moment before a video call invite popped up. Melody clicked it on… And there she was! The young woman from the day before!

“Oh my gosh, it’s you!” Melody squealed.

“Woah, my gosh, that’s what you wanted to be? You’re so pretty!” said the “Ariel” on the other end.

Melody blushed.

“Just who – or what – are you?” Alex asked.

“Well, I’m a genie! An ‘Angelic Genie,’ for that matter. My name is Ariel! And you two are?”

“I’m Alex, and this anime girl next to me is my former boyfriend, now girlfriend, Melody,” Alex replied for them.

“Melody is such a sweet name, it’s nice to meet you both!” Ariel replied with an earnest smile. “Now, my time right now is dedicated to another, but she had a pretty energetic day, so she’s already asleep now. I should be fine to answer your questions.”

“Okay… Well, I guess the biggest question is why? Why do this for me?” Melody asked.

“Are you happy?”

“Of course I am! It’s a dream come true!”

“Well, that’s why! I felt that you were really depressed. I also sensed you were a trans girl at heart. So, I created that bracelet so you could see your dream come true! I… I don’t like seeing anyone in pain, so I generally try to help when I can.”

Melody was choked up. “Th-thank you! I… I never wanted to start, because I thought it was impossible to get, well, this! But I guess you’re magic, so that doesn’t matter in the end.”

“And Alex, you’re okay with Melody the way she is?”

“I am! She’s beautiful, and, well, I’m bi. Maybe even a little fem-leaning, if I’ll be honest. She was so good of a person before, but now she really shines…” And I’m a little envious of her, if I’m honest… Alex thought to herself.

“I’m so glad! I left the magic in the bracelet to you to figure out what was best for you and those around you,” Ariel explained.

“That explains the family and friends having different memories. Kinda neat it’s still warm and fuzzy feeling…” Melody remarked.

Ariel tilted her head. “It is? It should have run out of magic on you… Unless…” Ariel slowly stared in the direction of Alex, who wasn’t making eye contact anymore. “Uh, you okay, there?”

“Alex?”

Alex’s face reddened. “I-it’s not like I’m envious of my anime girlfriend at all or anything…”

“Uh, that’s not what I asked…” Ariel muttered.

“No… I knew it! You loved anime too! I thought you seemed interested in me telling you about all the ones I watched!”

“Gaaaaah… Fine! Yes, I’ve dreamed of being an anime girl too, damnit! All my life, I wanted to be one! And now I have an adorable anime girlfriend, but I’m still regular old Alex…”

Ariel smiled. “That’s why the bracelet still has magic. It’s for Alex too!”

“WHAT!?” both of them exclaimed at the same time.

“Well, if Alex is going to be too envious of Melody, then the relationship might not last. So, my magic is trying to protect your relationship by giving Alex her wish too! Hehe, I can only imagine, a couple of anime girls! You two will be so cute together!”

Melody and Alex blushed hard at the same time.

“So, I just wear Melody’s bracelet, then?”

“I think so… Why don’t you try it out?” Ariel suggested.

Melody pulled off the bracelet. She offered it to Alex, who grabbed for it. But when she did and tried to take it away, she instead pulled a carbon-copy of it away! Only this one was inscribed with her name instead of Melody’s.

“Woah, that’s actually kinda cool…” Alex remarked.

“I wasn’t expecting that!” Ariel exclaimed.

“Oh, now mine feels like a normal metal bracelet now…” Melody noted.

“Alex’s has the remaining magic now. How did it work for you, Melody?”

“I slept with it on, and I think I transformed overnight,” Melody answered.

“That’s likely how it’ll work for Alex. Best guess, anyway.”

“Well, you’re the expert here. I’ll take the doctor’s prescription!” Alex joked, getting them all to chuckle.

“Well, I think that should cover everything, you two. I’m working on getting my account here up to date. If you need me again, it might not be a bad idea to make this profile yours later so you can keep in touch!” Ariel suggested.

“Not a bad idea, and if I may, you seem friendly enough. Maybe we can both get on here and talk with you every now and then?” Melody asked.

“Hmm, not a bad idea! But I got some catching up to do with some friends I haven’t seen since I became a genie. Maybe if we talk more, I can introduce you to them? Anyway, see you, girls!” Ariel said, waving.

“Goodbye!” the two replied back in unison. Ariel disconnected shortly after, leaving the two of them looking at their matching bracelets.

“Th-this is kinda exciting… My chance to be an anime girl, right here, in the palm of my hands…” Alex remarked, her heart racing.

Melody looked out the window. The sun had set by the time they were done with Ariel. “How do you want to handle this?” Melody asked her.

Alex slipped the bracelet on. She felt a warmth flood her body. She smiled contently. “Well, that first, obviously! Then... Maybe we should just take a day to ourselves? Sleep in, enjoy our new bodies?”

“I’d have to call my boss first – not sure how that’s going to go, but I should get the day off.”

“I’ll do the same, and I should get the time off too. Anything else?”

“We still have a little time. How about we set up our profiles?”

“Sounds boring.”

“Might be a good way to make us both sleepy.”

“Heh, fair point! Sure, let’s do it, then!”

In the last hour of their day, they got to work getting their chores out of the way. Both of them got Monday off (Melody learning her boss assumed she was always a girl), and they set up their profiles – making sure to friend each other after.

Melody slipped on a new nightgown she now owned while Alex similarly got comfy.

“Uh, Melody? Do you mind… Sleeping with me tonight?” Alex asked hesitantly.

“Why not? You’re my soon-to-be anime girlfriend, after all! Might be an experience to be there as you become the girl you want to be!” Melody replied, smiling.

Alex blushed and smiled. They both climbed into Alex’s bed, cuddled together, and drifted to sleep…

=======

Alex slowly opened her eyes. She was met with Melody’s crimson eyes and glowing smile.

“Morning, my blue-haired goddess! Sleep well?”

“Yeah, I – wait, blue hair?” Alex tugged a few strands before her eyes. They were a brilliant light blue! She sat up, feeling considerably more weight on her chest than before. Her whole body felt different, stronger!

She looked down at her own chest, just as massive as Melody’s now, jumping from mere b’s the day before. She grabbed them and felt around. Nothing artificial about them, they were one hundred percent real!

“Woah…” she muttered. “That magic really did the trick… These feel so much heavier now…”

“Well, you had some to start! I didn’t…”

“Is it just me, or does it feel like my body is capable of carrying all this around too?”

“Same, actually. I thought I’d throw my back out with these things, but it seems like our anime girl strength makes them tolerable!”

“Hehe, that’s what we’re calling it now?”

“Sure, why not?” They both started laughing.

Melody looked at Alex. It was strange; she was still recognizably Alex, and yet, various features about her were different. Her eyes were now a lighter blue, matching her hair. Her nose shrank to a similar size as Melody’s, but that was less of a change to begin with, as Alex already had a smaller nose. She had undergone similar changes to waist and hip size as Melody, too, but already being a girl to begin with, Alex didn’t technically change as much. But she was taller by a couple of inches, whereas the day before, they’d been the same height!

Still, Melody was falling in love with her girlfriend all over again!

“Oh, this is great! I wonder if I got any of that awesome anime girl stuff you got?” Alex wondered.

“Well, if you wanted it, you probably got it!” Melody replied, smiling. “Magic wanted both of us to be happy, so that’s why you got your wish too, after all!”

“Well, we probably didn’t get everything. After all, why would we get-“ As Alex sat up and started pushing herself off the bed, she felt a surge come from her hand. Melody leapt up with a yipe as her behind was assaulted by sheer cold. Alex’s bed was covered in a sheet of ice!

“Wait, I did that! I have ice powers!?” Alex exclaimed.

Melody simultaneously felt a warm surge inside her own body, and one of her hands burst into flames!

“WHAT THE!?” Melody yelped as she tried to shake the flames out. But it didn’t burn, and she could feel her command over the new power she had. She relaxed for a moment and was able to put out the flames herself. “Woah… That’s new… I didn’t have magic yesterday!”

“So, we’re magic anime girls! This really is a dream come true!” Alex exclaimed, jumping for joy.

“Fire and ice… That makes total sense,” Melody remarked. “And maybe we’re supposed to balance each other out, so that’s why I didn’t have mine yesterday…”

“It’s as logical as I think we’re going to get. Gonna need a new bed though…”

“Hang on…” Melody leaned down to the frozen bed and put her hand on it. “It’s so weird… I feel like I’ve been doing this all my life now…” Melody expertly controlled her powers, slowly unfreezing the bed without it being soaked by melted ice. In a few moments, it was back to normal!

“So, we don’t just have magic, but we know how to use it too…” Alex remarked.

“Looks like it!” Melody replied as she stood up. Then she remembered something Ariel told her on Saturday – a lifetime ago, in light of recent events. “’No matter how silly or impossible the dream is, there’s always the chance it can come true…’ Ariel said that to me when we first met. And look at us now…”

“Magical anime girls, both of us! I can’t even believe I used to call you my boyfriend!” Alex remarked. “Is this… Real?”

Melody walked up and hugged Alex. They locked lips passionately.

They stopped kissing, and Alex smiled, blushing. “Oh yeah, totally real!”

Melody nodded. “It’s not a dream anymore, it’s our reality now!”

They now looked forward to their future with high hopes! Both of them were who they wanted to be. They were the perfect pair for each other!

… But they, nor the genie who gave them their bodies and their magic, knew the darkness that surrounded them. Little did they know, a sleeping threat was about to stir…

END OF CHAPTER 1

By CrystalSeaDragon44

7