Chapter 2: Ancient World of Vikings
58 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Ancient World of Vikings

"Viking Online is literally the best VRMMORPG I've ever played in my entire life. Comparing other VRMMORPGs with this one is like comparing a toddler to an adult.

When first playing this game, I felt as if I was teleported to an entirely different world. The sensations stimulated in your body while playing this game...

Though as a game, some parts of it at times feel unrealistic, like leveling up, increasing stats, HP.

But simply standing on the ground, feeling the cold breeze brush past your skin, feet touching the ground—the magical feeling invoked within one is absolutely fantastic.

Many of you were also concerned about pain. Well, good news, there's something called a pain bar within the game. It is adjustable; upon adjusting the bar to 0%, which is the lowest, a person would feel no pain. Meanwhile, when a player keeps the bar at 1%, there'll just be a slight numbing sensation.

And yes, adjusting the bar to 100% and getting hurt is akin to feeling pain in real life. This is something that the BizzarTech company doesn't wish for, as it can somewhat leave a person traumatized...

In conclusion, yes, every single penny spent on this game is fucking worth it!"

Currently, Marcus had visited one of those forums dedicated to Viking Online, specifically the one in which a beta tester had commented. Silently, he read many more posts.

"Is it really that realistic? If it is, then I might actually have fun while playing the game." As he thought this, his eyes fell on the time.

[09:38 AM]

"I guess I should quickly move my ass now." He stood up, grabbed the VR helmet, and carefully walked towards the door. Due to his fragility, a single toe stub would hurt like hell.

'Thankfully those two devils are out...' The image of both his cousins entered his mind. He walked out of his room, went down the staircase, and headed to the exit.

His uncle and aunt just gave him a cold stare, ignoring him. Marcus had already grown monotonous to those stares, learning to ignore them.

Walking out of the mansion, he quickly exited the neighborhood through the main gate.

"Hello, Mr. Marcus." The cab he had booked soon appeared. With a smile, the cab driver questioned as he looked at Marcus.

"Yes," Marcus nodded. He quickly entered the cab. The cab sped up as Marcus looked outside the window. At night, this city looked even more beautiful with its multiple lights flashing. A few pillars of light were also radiated by some skyscrapers. In the middle of the city was the headquarters of BizzarTech, the company that created the game Viking Online.

Marcus's eyes clearly reflected quite an amount of fatigue, but a few sparks of energy were present amid. His brown eyes had already lost their brightness, looking dim. Though this weirdly contributed to his charm, his face was still more than enough to make the norm of girls scream in excitement.

Soon, the cab stopped at a red light. Marcus could see multiple people on their hoverbikes also waiting for the red light to turn green.

Marcus patiently waited for the light to turn green. In a few seconds, the red light turned yellow and then green.

'Viking Online, eh?'

...

[HypnoPod[Viking Online] Renting Center]

This shop appeared in Marcus's sight. Paying the cab driver 10 UAD, he walked towards the door of the shop, which automatically opened.

'160 for renting the pod IRL, 150 for the helmet, 10 for the cab...' He sighed as he looked at the wristwatch.

Balance: 44.5 UAD

'Yeah, 0.5 UAD for cup noodles.'

Walking towards the receptionist, he flashed the reservation on the device.

"4 hours in IRL..."

Four hours in real life were equivalent to 12 hours in the game. He felt that this was more than enough as he would even need to clear his bladder and bowels in the game.

[11:20 PM]

Accepting the access card to one of the version 1 VR pods, he sat on the bench.

Though his eyelids were heavy, he did not dare to sleep.

Ring!

The alarm rang from the wristwatch as 11:50 PM popped out. Marcus, who almost slept immediately, leaped off the bench.

Walking towards the VR pod assigned to him, he swiped the card on the giant egg-like VR pod. It released steam as the top section of the VR pod opened.

A few seconds after Marcus entered the VR pod and wore the helmet, the VR pod closed. The cushion within the VR pod was so soft and relaxing that Marcus almost slept.

But his brain was ordering him to stay awake. If he really did sleep, then his wallet would cry till no tears came out.

After filling in his personal details, Marcus anticipated what would happen next.

'Let's see if it's as realistic as people make it out to be.'

Within a second, he felt as if his consciousness was slipping. The moment he regained his consciousness, he appeared in a white room.

Ding!

But then the next second, like a fleeting cloud Marcus felt as if his body was passing through multiple universes.

The white room immediately disappeared as his body finally appeared on a grassy field.

Ding!

[Welcome player! Choose your name]

《Player Interface》

-Alias: ???                《Player Image》

-Level: 1

-Class: [Locked]

-Talent: ???

-Title: [None]

-Exp: 0/10

-HP: 100%

-Pain Bar: 1%

- Vik: 10

《Attributes》

{Stat points: 0}

»Strength: 0.2

»Perception: 2

»Agility: 0.3

»Dexterity: 2

»Stamina: 0.3/0.3

»Intelligence: 6 

»Vitality: 0.6

»Charm: 25

《Map》

. . .

《Inventory》

[None]

《Skills》

[None]

《Weapon Arts》

[None]

《Soul Weapons》

[None]

《Historical Artifacts》

[None]

《Log out》

"Ha..." Marcus clenched his fist as he felt the breeze touching his skin. He expected this game to feel great, but never so hyper-realistic. Such a game only costs 150 UAD? Even if there was an additional 160 UAD for temporary gameplay, he still felt it was worth it.

"Though I still feel so weak. And it appears like we can't change our face within the game; a mask indeed is necessary." Marcus said as he looked at the image on the status screen.

Pursuing his lips he said in a low voice jokingly "Alias: Narcissist"

Ding!

Name accepted.

Huh?

How was this name unclaimed?

Wait! No, no, no! I don't want it!

The name he blurted out jokingly was Fucking accepted!

[Welcome Player Narcissist.]

[The Ancient World of Viking's awaits you.]

3