Chapter 8: DEMACIAAAAA!!!
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a quick F-key to the top lane, which was pretty close to my current position, I realized that Marius was in the middle of a fight with Renekton. Both were about 50% HP as Camille decided to engage. Shooting her 'Hookshot' onto a wall, she slid across the ground, until landing in front of Renekton's face, piercing her metal foot's tip right into his eye.

Renekton was roaring in pain. Camille then kept on lacerating upon him with a ferocity that mirrored the crocodile's wild nature. But Renekton didn't give in. He started countering her attacks, as rhythmic clashing of blades played out like a symphony – a chaotic dance on the island that was top-lane.

It looked like Camille was about to end this battle, channelling up her empowered 'Precision Protocol'-kick. But Renekton's raging war-cry made her hesitate. A red whirling storm of fury surrounded him, immediately abusing the false security of his opponent and charging at her with carnivorous blood-lust.
He threw her to the ground, as blood streamed all over her face.

No, it can't be... Marius almost had him...

The sound of flesh and skin being ripped of her bones mixed with the ongoing toxic chatter of my team mates echoed through my head.
Why did I even care so much about this? In the end it was just a game – a scrim game. But something inside of me – an insatiable hunger for winning – had taken over.

“Keep fighting Marius!”, against all my inner fears of speaking my mind, I shouted encouragingly from the bottom of my heart.

As I glansed to the side, a smile came over his face. “I would never surrender.”

In an insanely stylish way, somewhat reminiscent of a break dance coreography, Camille whirled around, slicing through Renekton's body and tearing him apart into pieces. Afterwards she landed on her feet majestically, blowing a hair strane out of her face.

I felt as if I could hear Renekton's tilting voice – or rather that of the player pioliting him.
Finally something went in our way. Maybe we could win after all. Marius was a great player, I was sure about that by now.

“Leeeet's go!”, Marius shouted in excitement, then looking at me – Lux, who was still running for her life.
Even though I felt his kick of dopamine flowing through my body aswell, I knew that it wasn't over yet.

"Maokai is chasing me, I need help" I called out, hoping my team would finally heed my please. But the debate continued.

“Now my Mid's running it down aswell, hahaha!” Veezer's 'banter' made me doubt myself for a moment. Maybe I should've just staid quiet.

“I'm low, but I will try to help you!” Hearing Marius' voice, the negative thoughts got pushed aside.
It was almost like we were 2 different teams. One that was playing to win and the other was just having a talk, if you could even call it such.

Maokai, with an unsettling precision, tossed a sapling right onto my path out of the darkness.
The relentless botanical creature flew through the air and chased right after me, emitting eerie squeaks.
It had the same vibe as a horror movie. Just don't look back and run for your life.

Then it exploded just behind me, the shockwave barely missing me. I stumbled but swiftly regained my footing.

A quick glance backward revealed Maokai preparing to unleash his ultimate ability 'Nature's Grasp'.
Enormous roots surged from the ground, resembling Mother Nature's fury unleashed upon the careless.
I sprinted, feeling the ground tremble beneath me as the roots pursued, their colossal forms threatening to ensnare me.

„Block the ult,“ I said, since I wouldn't be able to survive the damage awaiting me during the root.
I didn't know if Marius could take the damage either, but was just hoping that his 'Adaptive Defense' would be off cooldown by now. The magic shield he would be granted, might just be enough to tank it up for me. Afterwards he could retreat with another 'Hookshot'.

As I saw Marius' hesitation, I tried to encourage him once again. „It's only Mao-“ But as I was talking I heard a familar voice. Viktor's laughter and the swifting sounds of a freshly activated 'Ghost' popped through my ears.

No way he was that fast just because of ghost! He must've flashed over the wall immediately, confidentally knowing he would reach me in time...all the way up on the riverside of top lane.

The unexpected change of events completely blurred my mind. I couldn't get a singled word out anymore.

„We can turn,“ Marius' voice was calm and pulled me back into reality.

„Y-yea!“

„Go for Viktor!“ Hiding behind a wall, Camille leaped forward with an incredibly smooth wall dive, flying directly at Viktor. As she was about to hit him, Marius screamed in excitement. „I got him!“

But a bad feeling lingered within me. This wasn't the first time I doubted myself. Would I also start doubting my team mates now? Even the one's that were much better than me? I wanted to believe in Marius...and also in myself. Suddenly a familiar sound appeared.

Maokai used his flash, which during all the time he had patientally held. At first I thought he was going at me. Trading one for one by letting Viktor fall. But I was wrong. Instead of chasing me down, Maokai flashed in front of Viktor, blocking Camille's engage.

Fuck, if Marius can't reach Viktor, they will just win the fron to back and turn it around. We're both gonna die for nothing! ...I baited him into this, it's my fault! I should have just died without being a burden to him...

As the root's from Maokai's ultimate were about to seal the deal on Camille, Marius made an incredible play.

„GOGOGO!!!“ His screaming voice, filled with determination, pulled me back into reality. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Who was this guy?!

Despite the unbelieveably tiny time window, he had reacted to Maokai's flash. Even though the tree was basically already inside of him at that point Camille just flashed right thorugh him.

Camille kicked Viktor right into his face. Then locking him up in 'The Hextech Ultimatum.' Viktor was in pain. Not only from the damage that he had just received, but also from the utter display of skill, leaving him as shook as myself.

My fingers went tingling, as I realized the tides had turned once again. Now it was my time to shine. It was time... to unleash the 'Final Spark'.

Lux levitated up from the ground, gathering all the power of light surrounding her. Then releasing a deadly beam of illumination.

„DEMACIAAAAA!!!"

1