Life & Death
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the bed, Dante's eyes shined for a moment.

I have Successfully passed the spiritual trial and I have control over the emotions of fear and anger..

Passing the spiritual trial has also gifted me a new technique... That robe looks really cool and help me control the flames effectively.. It also protects my body... It's a perfect combination of offense and defense.

I also need a chant to activate the technique... How do I know this information? Is this due to the Will of Origin?...Challenges are awarded equally... As expected of the Will of Origin that maintains the balance of the World.

What should be the chant?.... Engulf? .. That sounds okay...

Suddenly at this moment, a bright red mark appeared on Dante's Solar plexus region. This mark was a triangle, which had a brightly shining star in the middle.

This strange phenomenon was noticed by Dante as he raised his shirt and gazed at the mark.

This.... Is this the symbol that activates the technique I received after passing the trial?...maybe.

Thinking about the technique...What should I name it?...Pheonix wraith? It does sounds cool and the robe make me look like a pheonix... Although I don't have any wings to fly..

Dante laughed a little and gazed at the night sky outside that was full of stars that stretched across. They were brightly shining on the kingdom making a beautiful scene.

It's night time already.. Time flows faster in that dimension...

Dante paused for a moment.

Tomorrow is my entrance exam for the academy. I have opened my Ignifer Nexus' Node and have gained a new technique. This would increase my chances of entering the academy.. I just have to be extremely careful in the exam...

Knock

In the midst of Dante's thoughts, a knocking sound was heard. Dante slowly stood up and composed himself as he opened the door.

The man at the door was a middle aged man wearing black clothes.

" Dinner is ready sir. "

He calmly said while bowing a little at Dante.

Dante nodded slightly before leaving the room with him.

He then ate the dinner which consisted Meat, egg, salad and Sunset sprytz beverage.

After the dinner, Dante arrived at his room, sat on the chair comfortably and looked at his right palm that had an imprint of moon.

I have the exam Tomorrow. I should divinate about it.... My question would be ' How would my exam go? '

He then closed his eyes and felt of becoming one with the moon as he repeated his question.

Suddenly, he arrived at a new space that was devoid of any Vitralis Essence. He opened his eyes to look around.

In front of him was a small tree that was resilient against the storms and tsunami! The roots of the tree were almost breaking apart but at this moment, the scene shattered!

Dante then found himself in his room.

A tree struggling against storms and tsunami means struggling... I would face some struggle and would be on verge of losing.. Would I lose? I don't know anything about that as the scene shattered before anything could happen. But it seems I would struggle in Tommorow's exam..

Suddenly, he felt weakness all over his body as he jumped on the bed and fell asleep.

.....

Chirp Chirp

The chirping of birds woke up Dante who slowly stood up.

Yawn... That was a good sleep. I am refreshed and healthy again...

After that thought, Dante stretched his body for a while before going for a shower. After showering, he wore the ivory-colored tuxedo jacket paired with black trousers and a black hat.

He stuffed all of his belonging in the spirit ring and left the inn.

The exam would be starting at 1 pm. It's currently 11:45 am. I still have 1 hours and 15 minutes left. I should buy a small pocket watch...

After a few minutes of walking, Dante found a shop that was selling hanging clocks and pocket watches. He bought a silver pocket watch that costed a single Luminal Shard.

It's 11:55 currently.. I still have little over an hours remaining. I should head towards the academy beforehand. It would take 10-15 minutes to reach the academy.. In the meantime, I would survey the surroundings of the academy..

Dante then starts to head towards the academy using the map that he bought before. The academy was situated in the far upper right side of the Solar square. This was due to the kingdom being made on a mountain.

Dante slowly walked upwards with the stairs and finally reached in the front area of the academy after 20 minutes.

The academy was like the churches from his previous life but the academy was many times wider and bigger than them!

The top part of the academy had ' Solarius Sanctum ' written in a bold and beautiful black font.

The academy was made of a perfect blend of the grey, dark red and silver colour. There were intricate designs on the walls of the academy along with the insignia at the centre of the academy.

The insignia consisted of a radiating circle at the centre and around it was an encircling quill. At the top of the insignia was a bright golden crown embedded with several gems.

Surrounding the academy were grasses, Trees, flowers and pathwaya composed of grey marbles. The flowers made the area look beautiful and peaceful.

At the grasslands, along with flowers and pathways, there were several fountains that were made of white marble.

The grasslands inside the academy was filled with hundreds of people.

At the outskirts of the academy was a wall with a total of four entrances in the North, South, East and West directions.

The entrance wad strictly guarded by guards. On the side of the entrance, were small counters on which a person was sitting leisurely with a thick register and a golden quill.

The entrance wasn't empty but had a small line of people who were standing quietly, waiting for their turn.

Dante nodded slightly before joining the line.

...

After some time, it was his turn.

" Here for the entrance exam? "

The man at the counter asked in a low voice without looking at him. His face was full of wrinkles and had glasses that rested upon his pointy nose. He was wearing a formal grey suit. 

"Yes."

"Name? "

"Dante Marcellus. "

He then straightened his back and replied with a flat voice.

" Show me your identity card. "

"I am an outsider. I don't have any identity card. "

He slowly gazed towards Dante and nodded slightly before he began turning his register and stopped on a page on top of which 'Outsiders ' was written in bold font.

He then began searching and only after did he find Dante's name with his face, did he nodded again.

" What stage and which Nodes have you purified? "

" Stage 1 Neophyte and have currently purified the Ignifer Nexus' Nodes. "

The man at the counter nodded and noted it down. He then allowed Dante to pass forward.

Dante was then greeted with a guard who checked his full body and his spirit ring. After the inspection, Dante was finally granted permission to be inside.

I am here. I didn't expected the officials to have my face on the register... But it is not over surprising. If they didn't record faces, then it would be very easy for anyone to infiltrate. But what if someone has abilities that allow him to change his face?

Suddenly, the image of the circle that had several symbols come up on his mind.

That circle at the top of entrance... It might be there to prevent that... But how? I don't know. I don't even know if I am even true... I really overthink a lot ...

Dante let out a small chuckle before he went ahead and leaned on the bark of the tree.

It's already 12:45. Only 15 minutes remains before the test begins.

Dante thought for a moment before stuffing the pocket watch in his pocket. He gazed at his surrounding to see large amount of people. Some of them were sitting leisurely, some of them standing quietly while some were walking around.

He slightly closed his eyes, while remaining on guard.

After some time of waiting, finally something happened. At the top of Academy, a bluish swirl of energy suddenly came into existence, from which a group of people came out.

Dante slowly opened his eyes at the sudden spike of Essence and gazed at the top of the academy.

It's time..

The group of people were wearing a robe that was a mixture of blue and red with black pants. They were 7 people out of which 5 were men and 2 were women.

Suddenly, a man with dark hair and white skin walked forward and spoke with a voice that was heard by all people.

"Welcome to the Solarius Sanctum of Nodesmiths, Examinees. "

"My name is Alraic Terranis. I am the headmaster of the Academy and the one responsible for overseeing the Entrance Exam. "

"Due to some circumstances that occurred in the last year, this exam would be different from the last few years. "

"We have discussed with the officials of the Royals for their permission also to conduct this year's exam. "

After saying this much, he stopped for a while before a scary smile appeared on his face.

"This year's exam is going to be Survival! All of you people are going to be transported to a space that is made by me and others. You have to survive 3 days in that place. "

" We will not save you if you die in that place. If you are unwilling, then you can leave the academy and go to some other academy. "

"I am giving you 5 Minutes to leave the Academy. After that, the Exam will begun! "

With that, he became quiet and stood there with a smile.

Dante's eyes twitched slightly at this new development.

This... Exam of Survival. Survive in the space constructed by the headmaster and his helpers... What should I do?

The dream I had last night meant that I would face struggle and would be on verge of losing.... The scene ended before something happened to the tree...

Should I take the risk?.... The other academies are not at all suitable for me. Their exam is also couple of months away... I will waste a lot of time...

I also attracted the attention of some powerhouse... Who knows if he does something to me in the meantime..

Being in the academy would atleast help me establish some connection and get some help while increasing my strength at the same time...

After a few moments of thinking, Dante came to a conclusion.

I will take the exam and survive. I will be extremely careful there. High risk-High reward. Risk is my life and the reward is the guarantee of my life.. Count me in.

Dante composed himself as he stood straight and gazed at the people leaving the academy.

After 5 minutes, there were not that many people like before. Before were almost thousand people, but now there were almost 200 or 300 people only.

The headmaster seeing this, nodded as he walked forward again,

" Let the fun begin! "

He flicked his finger as a giant magic circle was conjured below the academy, teleporting all of the people!

The exam of Life and Death, hence begins!!

0