19 – In a Relationship
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elsa looked up at Chris with only her eyes moving while kneeling. Chris on the other hand started sweating as he held his breath. He has been trying to control not only his desire but his wolf’s instinct as well the whole day.

Her scent was already distracting enough and now her proximity only added to his suffering. If only his mate was a werewolf like him, he is sure that they have already jumped at each other. But Elsa is a human and he would surely want to take his time in getting her trust first.

“Stop squirming. I am trying to check your stomach,” Elsa uttered.

“Uhm… I think I will be much more okay if you will keep your distance,” Chris said.

Elsa frowned and let go of Chris, “Are you perhaps afraid of doctors? If I can remember clearly, you can’t keep your hands and mouth to yourself.”

[I told you she wants it!] Yakobo excitedly exclaimed.

‘Shut up, you are distracting me too!’ Chris said to his wolf.

He quickly pulled Elsa towards him, to make her fall to his lap. What he was planning didn’t happen because she quickly used both her hands to push him on the chest. 

The unexpected reaction of Elsa made Chris fall back on the bed, bringing Elsa with her. She safely landed on top of him. Chris quickly grasped her firmly on her waist, preventing her from standing up.

Chris laughed at how they were positioned on the bed before asking, “Is this better now, Princess? If you like my hands to be on you all the time, you can just simply say so. No need to make excuses. I would be happy to touch your whole body.”

“OH MY GOD! So you two are really in a relationship? Gosh, close the door if you plan to do some lovey-dovey, you have guests you know.” Nadel exclaimed.

“It’s not–” Nadel forcefully closed Chris’ door before Elsa could reason with her. She quickly stood up and went out. But Nadel was already almost at the end of the hallway.

“Where are you going?” Elsa shouts out.

“Kitchen. Don’t follow me, please continue,” Nadel replied before climbing down the stairs.

Elsa was about to follow Nadel but she heard Chris retching behind her. So, she quickly went to Chris’ side, “You’re not okay. Come on, don’t vomit here, let’s go to the bathroom.”

The two rushed over to the room’s en suite and Chris immediately threw up into the toilet as soon as Elsa lifted the cover.

Elsa rubbed and patted Chris’ back as he spewed out everything in his gut. And when he was done, Elsa helped him clean up.

“You are so pale, you should lie down.” Elsa lifted Chris' arm and put it around her shoulder as she helped him walk.

“Gosh you’re heavy,” Elsa commented as they walked towards the bed.

“Only when I’m sick, but not in bed,” Chris jested.

‘So he can still joke around huh? Maybe he is not that sick after all.’ Elsa thought as she rolled her eyes. 

“What did you eat? As far as I can remember we ate the same food today,” Elsa asked as she helped Chris lie down on the bed.

“Except for the coffee that your friend ordered. She put something in it. Werewolves like me don’t easily get sick, so I am sure she put something in it. That was supposed to be yours, and I just saved you from it,” Chris stated in a serious tone.

“She wouldn’t do that, she’s a doctor. We took an oath to not harm people.”

“But I told you she’s not entirely human. She’s only pretending to be–”

They suddenly heard the sound of scratching on the door. Elsa opened it and Nuri quickly went to Chris and stared at him.

Chris did the same puzzling Elsa, and after a few seconds, Chris stood up, “What’s in your shed?”

With a confused look, Elsa tilted her head and asked, “My stuff and my mom’s.”

“I thought you got adopted after your mom died? I saw it from your dad’s memory,” he asked.

“Yeah, that’s right. But my Dad was able to buy it back from the couple who purchased our old house. Luckily, most of them were still in their basement. Why did you ask and how did you know we have a shed?” Elsa was completely bewildered by Chris’ question. This man just keeps on surprising her with the information that he knows and his unpredictable mood.

“Nadel is in there. Stay here, I will check.”

“But you don’t know where it is. It’s deep in the woody part of the property. I’ll go with you,” Elsa was also curious if what Chris was saying was true. Perhaps a part of her wanted to prove to Chris that Nadel wasn’t someone that he was suspecting her to be.

“But are you sure you can already walk straight?” Elsa added.

“Yes, Princess. Like I said, I heal fast. I was able to expel most of the poison and my body will take care of the rest,” Chris then started walking towards the door, and Elsa swiftly followed. 

“How did you know that Nadel is in there?” Elsa can’t help but ask as they head to the shed. She wondered if it was one of his abilities too.

“I will tell you someday, my informants are not ready to show themselves.”

“You have informants?”

“Shh… Let’s not speak from this point. Nadel might hear us. Stay close to me,” Chris clasped Elsa’s hand without asking first. And to his surprise, she did not argue or object. She just kept her gaze towards the dark path ahead.

“Are you scared?” Chris asked.

“I wouldn’t say scared, just cautious. Places like this remind me of my dreams, where a man in black leather armor is running after me. Then I woke up in a cave with food and a bonfire.”

Chris' eyes widened and abruptly stopped, making Elsa hit her head against his back.

0