Chapter 1: First Job
97 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Melissa give me the files of the applicants." A handsome man said with a serious expression. He looked like he was in his mid-20s, hair fixed to be prim and proper, dressed in a smart looking suit and tie.

"Right away sir," Melissa said with a smile and a nod. She then stepped out of the room and gently closed the door.

CEO White was looking at his computer thinking of the new employees needed for each department. He was creasing his brows trying to figure out what would be the best way to distribute the employees to the different team leaders for a more effective and functional group development.

He gave a sigh, closed his eyes and rest his head on his chair while doing so Melissa gave a soft knock on the door to announce that she was coming in. She handed the files to CEO White and placed a cup of coffee on the table, she was aware that her boss would be doing overtime again today.

CEO White flipped the pages of the applicants looking at their qualifications. He was always hands-on with the employees ever since he became the CEO of the company. Although the files he was holding went through a preliminary cut he could still see that some were not qualified for the positions needed. His head ached as he wondered how the people from the HR department picked these people.

He made 2 piles from the files, those who he thought were qualified and those who he should remove entirely from the list. He was left with a couple more files applicants when his hands suddenly stopped on a specific applicant resume.

He looked at the picture of the applicant and felt that her face was familiar and as he looked at the name his eyes opened wide with excitement then followed by a grin on his handsome face. It was an amazing sight to behold, the way he was looking intensely at a piece of paper that can be considered as an art piece in a museum. If women who knew him saw him right now they would be surprised and speechless at the same time.

"I finally found you, Mia." He said as he started to form a smile and his eyes sparkled like twinkling stars in the night sky. It was as if he found the most amazing treasure in a pile of garbage.

You can hear the sound of laughter from inside the CEO's office.

...

[Mia's point of view]

Today is my first day at my job. I looked at the majestic building in front of me. I was not so sure how I was able to be accepted in such a big company but it does not matter because once my parents found out they were so happy that we had a small celebration. They were so proud that they even brag to our relatives and their friends. It made me embarrassed but also proud of myself for accomplishing such a feat.

It was a known fact that this company does not accept just anyone. I was so shocked when I first received the news from the company that I asked again and again if it was really my information that they received and not just a mistake on their part.

I was relieved when I found out that it was really my name and information that they are holding. The other person on the line might even think that I'm a retarded person for asking the same question again and again but it does not matter. I wanted to make sure that it was not a case of mistaken identity or if it was just a scam. Scams are a scary thing and once they get you then your future would surely fall in the gutters.

I was aware that I graduated from a mediocre school with no honors or special mentions to my name. My face is as simple and normal as it can be so I know they did not take into account my look which is at best average. I have no special skills that I have mentioned in my application so the worry about being accepted is quite founded.

However, I had to take this first step into society with my head held up high because my first job is in this company "WW Technologies." Today I was wearing formal attire with a simple black blazer on top of my white blouse. My hair was in a simple ponytail that was being held tightly with a styling gel, not a single hair was out of place because I made sure it was intact. I tapped my simple eyeglasses which were sliding to my nose to make sure it was in place.

"This is the moment of truth Mia, I am now going to become a mature and independent adult as I step into society, Fighting!" I said this to myself while clenching my fist to pump up my spirits while going inside the automated door.

0