Prolog
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dark Guardians, that's what everyone calls them.

Wherever they went, that nickname would always follow them wherever they went.

Argani, the fifth Dark Guardian who occupied the odd numbered position, pondered silently in the moonlight

"Why me? This must be a mistake."

His mind was always filled with doubt, doubting the decisions that had led him to this dark role. He felt this was his own fault for the path he had chosen, as part of the Dark Guard.

However, there comes a time when Argani begins to uncover long-hidden secrets. Hidden facts surfaced, enlightening his understanding of the role and true purpose of the Dark Guardians. With this newfound truth, the doubts he once felt began to slowly erode.

"Can I become stronger?"

Although his strength was almost comparable to that of an ordinary human, Argani had a slight edge in terms of physical strength, and his wounds healed at a higher rate than usual. However, other parts of him were not much different from ordinary humans.

Whenever Argani was injured, he watched in awe as his body healed in an incredible way. His body's ability to recover quickly made him look unshakable despite being constantly on the front lines of battle.

"They never differentiate between each other. Isn't that so? That's what this tomb was built for."

Although the tasks he performed were very different from one another, he realized that in the end, they all had something in common in their responsibilities as Dark Guardians.

For many people, including their fellow Dark Guardians, they saw themselves as people who had made mistakes in their lives. Their gruesome work in this dark world is seen as an attempt to atone for their past sins. And while each action they take may have a unique background, Argani realizes that essentially they are all trying to seek redemption.

"Some of us never asked for more, and I can't blame them for that choice."

However, although some of them saw their work as Dark Guardians as a quick way to earn money, a realization began to dawn on them.

In the midst of earning an abundant income, they realize that the financial rewards they receive are not equivalent to the moral price they have to pay. When faced with the consequences of their crimes, many of them begin to feel empty and caught in an ever-creeping moral trap.

"I thought being a logger was one of the most dangerous jobs, but I was wrong. Even that was nothing compared to the fate we had to live with."

Difficult choices haunted Argani's mind. The dangerous work that restricted the Dark Guardians from living their lives as usual made him feel trapped in a role he might never have chosen.

Under the shadow of having to sacrifice his life and feeling bound by the protection of the clan, Argani pondered his decision. Although he wanted to be free from these limitations, the reality was that he felt he had no adequate alternative. In his heart, he probably understood that becoming a Dark Guardian was the only path available to him.

Should someone say that he had no other choice?

Argani suddenly felt the presence of someone behind him, and when he turned his head, he saw a mysterious figure that was familiar to him. It was the figure of Pocong, a tall skeleton wearing a shroud, and the Celurit in his hand seemed to reflect the darkness that enveloped him.

"Then what is your purpose in joining them, sir?" asked the figure with a serious look on his face. 

"Not because I wanted to, but since childhood I was destined to be like this."

0