Day 4
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some time before...

"If you want that child to obey you, just give him food. He will soon obey you like a pet."

Hearing that, Asih felt confusion and anxiety quickly overtake her as she heard it. The words struck her like a sudden bolt of lightning, bringing unexpected turmoil into the recesses of her heart about the fate of the child now sleeping in her arms.

"That bad?"

Karsa nodded her head with a very serious expression, "Losing the right to feel freedom, that's what happened. A child that small shouldn't have to feel the harshness of life. I trained them, and you gave them a place to live, but none of that changes the fact that we only used them as tools. They were never meant to be happy, Asih."

Once again, Asih felt slapped by the words that came out of the old man's mouth. She paused for a moment to reflect on Karsa's words that described the harsh reality she had to face.

"Forget my words. I found him not far from here, in a garbage dump. His body was limp, full of cuts and bruises. Don't worry, that was a month ago. Now he's no longer a weak and whiny child. He may still be innocent, but I'm sure someday you'll see him as someone very different." Karsa said it more carefully, implying that there was a secret hidden in it.

*****

Dor!

Dor!

Dor!

Explosion after explosion broke the stillness of the night, breaking the silence with something menacing. Nervously, Asih hurriedly grabbed the steering wheel of her car with her heart beating faster and faster in her chest. She felt panic spread throughout her body as her trembling hand pressed hard on the gas pedal. And as soon as the car's engine started, the roar of the engine immediately accompanied the speeding car, as if illustrating Asih's desperation to escape.

But in her panic, Asih understood the reason behind Karsa's reckless plan. She knew that Karsa was trying to attract the enemy's attention, create a distraction in the ongoing battle, and at the same time provide an opportunity for her to escape the threat behind her. A sense of apprehension grows along with this understanding, which illustrates how great a risk Karsa is facing in an endeavor that has not even the slightest guarantee of success.

Sring!

One of the pocong swung his weapon ferociously, implying a strong killing intent in front of the eyes of Karsa who kept trying to dodge every attack thrown at him. Karsa managed to dodge, but the attack left a wound on his right hand that held the machete. Despite the pain, Karsa was still strong enough to defend himself and continue the fight.

"Damn it!" Karsa cursed, enduring the pain that slowly began to radiate from the wound to his other limbs.

While Karsa continued to fight with unwavering spirit and determination, he knew that they had reached a critical point. The growing number of Pocong Celurit made the situation even more precarious, and Karsa realized that his chances of survival might be almost nonexistent.

0