SPECIAL BONUS CHAPTER: Happiness Happens Happily.
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The setting was perfect. The Wasteland we expected was instead full of flowers and trees... I guess 400 years in Cryo was enough to allow nature time to heal...

So it was that the young Man stood, nervously, By the President of his country, who was legally Ordained the moment He was sworn into office, Heart pounding, as he watched his beautiful Bride Coming Toward him, across a field of flowers, escorted by her Family... there were no fancy clothes, no music, No Cake... but Still... it was perfect.

And when the president said "you may now kiss the bride" He didn't even hesitate a second...

Breaking the kiss, Red looked into the Eyes of the woman he loved... And Knew this was just the beginning... Happiness Waited 100 fold in their future.

_______________________________________

Months later, Candy POV

It was hard, at times, but worth it... As I Lay here in the Bunkers med-room, Holding This Tiny Person to my breast, a smile on my face... Hope. That was her name. And she was our hope. She turned one Eye toward me, that sparkling Golden color, and I smiled harder... my baby. My Angel... my Precious Hope... Mama will always protect you.

To my side, Red started singing... A beautiful lullaby... Familiar yet Unknown. And I knew then... My life would only get better.

_______________________________________

Many Years later, Hope POV.

Mama was Going now. Papa had Gone the year before, and I knew Mama had held on just long enough to meet Him... Her  Great-Grandson... Sean. Mama named him. We had a City now, I'd watched it Grow my entire life... nearly 5000 people now... I Sar here, Holding Mama's Hand... And she looked at me...

"Hope... My Angel... Sing The Song for me, dear. One last time..."

"Okay, Mama." She started singing, the sweet lullaby Her Papa always sang to her, and her siblings and children... who all joined in... And Hope watched a Single Tear run down her mother's cheek... And the light fade from her eyes, as she breathed her last breath... 

Candy POV 

I was old... Nearly 102... I'd had a good, long life... But I didn't look it. Neither Red, the other two, Nor I seemed to physically Age... but age we did... our bodies kept young looking by the nanoswarm, But eventually even the Best looking Bodies run Down. Red left me a year ago... and now, I was following in my own grandmothers footsteps, bowing out on a high note, after naming a new generation... I hoped Sean grew up Strong, Healthy, and without the Issues I'd had... I smiled, hearing my entire family, over 30 Strong at this point, Singing That Lullaby I'd heard for the first time on the day of Hope's birth...

<Candy.> Andy's Voice sounded tired... I understood perfectly. <It's time to go... To follow Our Loves into the Abyss... Are you ready?>

I smiled... And shed a single tear... as the world faded away...

<Once more into the darkness we go, old friend... Together. They'll be fine. After all...> They have Hope... I finished the thought... And I faded away... To be met by Strong arms around my waist, and my beautiful lover embracing me tightly... "I was Waiting for you! Come, my love... to Eternity." I allowed myself to be led forward, hoping this Eternity would be a good one... And it Was...

-FIN.

This chapter was newly written... a nice little wrap up... Candy had a good life, in the post-apocalyse...

The lullaby is something I wrote initially for Another story... and liked it so much I Want to share it here too.(my Little Nephews love it)

https://audio.com/matthew-rowlett/audio/voice-2023-11-13-12-52

Its got ONE tiny issue in verse 2, concerning Temperature, but it still SOUNDS good, so... minor Errors like that can be ignored, its a Lullaby. Give it a listen, tell me what you think... And Apologies for my voice.

Did you listen to the Lullaby?
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and i liked it Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Yes and i hated it Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1