New Destiny
129 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I open my eyes, I find myself standing in a desolate, otherworldly landscape. It's empty, devoid of life, and the air feels heavy. The sky above is a deep crimson, a stark contrast to the world I knew.

"Where the heck am I...?" I mutter as I start walking forward, my body resembling its earthly form, prompting a sigh to escape my lips.

The notifications I saw earlier were terrifying, and the strange sensations I felt were all too real. There was nothing like that in the game's manual. But if what I witnessed was genuine, then I suppose I have nothing to lose. After all, I was a loser back on Earth.

Suddenly, a voice echoes in my mind, sending shivers down my spine with its powerful resonance.

[Welcome, Milf_Hunter, to the realm of Afterlife Online. You have been chosen by Draegan Vossen, the great Asura. Embrace your destiny and conquer this world.]

As the initial shock wears off, a mix of excitement and apprehension fills me. I have no clue what lies ahead in this new reality, but I'm determined to make the most of it. I've always yearned for a world where I could be someone greater than the loser I believed myself to be.

With renewed purpose, I take a deep breath and step forward, ready to embark on the epic adventure that awaits me. However, considering I'm inside the game, can I still be called a player when the AI mentioned that my real body would be killed on Earth?

But right now, the most important thing is to find Draegan Vossen–

Suddenly, in the midst of my thoughts, a large dark vortex opens up in the sky, crackling with blue lightning. It rapidly expands, engulfing a substantial portion of the area.

Fear tightens its grip on me as I struggle to decide which way to run. Moreover, even if I do run, my obese stature would betray me.

Gradually, an obscure figure emerges from the vortex. Levitating in the air, the figure is enveloped in blue lightning. It materializes before my eyes, revealing a tall man standing about seven feet tall. He wears a simple black garment, and his handsome face is complemented by jet-black hair and an alluring pointed nose.

Yet, what's odd about him is his red skin, unlike that of a human, and the god-like aura surrounding him.

At the sight of this figure, fear compels me to back away. But my intuition tells me that this is the person I've been seeking.

"Hey!" The man speaks, his deep voice striking terror deep within my heart...

It's at this moment that I realize how insignificant I am compared to this seven-foot-tall man.

Without warning, the man halts in front of me, flashing a bright smile. The aura surrounding him dissipates, and the vortex vanishes as if it was never there.

"Ah, I've been waiting for you," the man says, his smile widening.

"Y-You're Draegan Vossen, right?" I ask in a shaky voice, unable to shake off the feeling that this man could end my life with a mere swipe of his hand.

"Correct! I am Draegan Vossen, the mighty Asura. I've been anticipating your arrival, Tristan, or should I say Milf_Hunter?" Draegan responds, a sly smile forming on his face.

"J-Just call me Tristan. But can you explain what the heck is happening right now? I'm already going insane," I say, my voice betraying my panic.

Upon hearing my words, a serious expression takes over Draegan's face.

"Of course, I'll gladly explain everything to you, Tristan," Draegan replies.

"Firstly, let me tell you about myself before revealing the reason why you are here. You see, there's a race called Asura, just like how you humans are called humans. Asuras are an ancient race that has coexisted with the gods and has grown stronger over time. We Asuras became so powerful that the balance of power between us and the gods became divided.

The gods, outraged by the fact that mere mortals could threaten them, began hunting down Asuras. Witnessing the unjust slaughter of our brethren, we fought back, leading to a war between the gods and Asuras. I, the strongest Asura, personally slew hundreds of gods, while my fellow Asuras took down thousands. Slowly, we gained the upper hand.

However, everything changed when three gods emerged: Luldir, the God of Life & Death; Odreus, the God of Hell; and Cades, the God of Destruction. These three gods were a menace, and they killed countless Asuras. I held my ground against them and was slowly gaining the upper hand. But as if that wasn't enough, Astar, the God of Thunder, joined their ranks. Together, they unleashed a devastating attack that killed me and wiped out my entire race. That's why Asuras no longer exist today. I'm unsure if any Asuras survived the onslaught," Draegan explains, his voice filled with pain and a deep grudge.

"That's incredibly tragic, and I empathize with your pain," I say, feigning sympathy. After all, I can't simply pity a random individual who dragged me into this place.

Draegan moves closer to me suddenly.

"After my death, my soul did not fade away. I sought different means to exact revenge on the gods. Fortunately, I formed an alliance with a god who had always been ostracized by the others. This god aided me by creating a video game-like dimension in another plane, which would help me find a successor.

The reason I couldn't pass on my powers to anyone in this world is due to the unique life signatures present here. None of the people I encountered from this plane were compatible with me. But luckily, I found you," Draegan says, a smile spreading across his face.

"Okay, so what do you need me for?" I ask, curiosity bubbling within me.

"I'm glad to see you've accepted the situation without berating me. You must have experienced much hardship in your world. Now, I will explain the reason behind summoning you here," Draegan continues.

===================================

Join our Discord server for updates and to view character illustrations.

https://discord.gg/RF8pvt6KJv

1