Mysterious Knight
113 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing Oracle's words, a surprised expression appears on my face. The knight continues walking towards me before stopping a few meters away. His features are hidden by the headgear he is wearing.

"Hey, who are you? Explain why you are here! Put your hands on your head!" The knight bellows as he approaches me, drawing his sword from its scabbard.

He doesn't even allow me to speak before bombarding me with questions. His actions remind me of the police back on Earth. Obliging to his words, I put my hands on my head and adopt a pitiful expression.

The knight narrows his eyes at me, as if trying to see through my facade.

"I'm just a traveler," I say, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

The knight doesn't seem convinced. He takes a step closer, his sword still drawn. "A traveler, huh? And what brings you to this part of the world?"

"I was attacked by a group of armed men. Before passing out, I remember being hit on the head with a stone. That's all I know, I swear," I say, trying to convince the knight.

The knight seems to consider this for a moment before finally sheathing his sword. "Very well," he says gruffly. "But be warned, traveler. This is not a place for the faint of heart. There are dangers here that you cannot even begin to imagine."

With that, he turns and walks away, leaving me standing there with my hands still on my head. I let out a sigh of relief and lower my arms, feeling a sense of unease wash over me.

What have I gotten myself into? But this is not the time to be amazed.

“Hello! Excuse me, I don’t remember anything!” I shout, chasing after the knight.

“What do you want!?” The knight asks angrily as he turns around to see me running after him.

“I need some clothes and I am also hungry,” I say, adopting a pitiful expression once again.

The Knight’s eyes scan me from top to bottom before finally landing on the shorts I am wearing.

“I think I have spare clothes inside the tent. Also, carry the corpse of the wild Ostrich and follow me,” The knight says, gesturing for me to follow him.

Without wasting time, I pick up the ostrich and follow him towards a red tent that stands erect ahead of us. At first it seems like an impossible task for me to carry the Ostrich, but surprisingly its weight is as if I am carrying a chicken back on earth. If I were to weigh this Ostrich, it would weigh around three hundred kilograms.

As we approach the tent, the knight pulls back the flap and gestures for me to enter. Inside there are several cots lined up against the walls and a small table in the center with a map spread out on it. The knight rummages through a chest at the foot of one of the cots and pulls out a tunic and a pair of breeches.

“Here,” he says, tossing them to me. “Put these on.”

I quickly change into the clothes, grateful for their warmth. The knight watches me for a moment before turning back to the map.

“Are you hungry?” he asks.

I nod eagerly. “Yes, very.”

The knight pulls out a small pouch from his belt and tosses it to me. “There’s some dried meat in there. It’s not much but it’ll tide you over until we can get something more substantial. The Ostrich needs to be purified before consumption,”

Bullshits.

I tear into the pouch and devour the meat hungrily. It’s tough and salty as if it's undercooked but it’s food and it fills my empty stomach.

“Thank you,” I say gratefully.

The knight nods. “Don’t mention it.”

He turns back to the map and studies it for a moment before looking back at me. “Do you remember anything at all? Your name? Where you’re from?” He asks curiously.

"I don’t remember much but I know that my name is Tristan. I don’t even remember my family name," I say while tearing into the meat he gave me.

Hearing my words, he lets out a sigh.

“These bandits are causing so much trouble. Were you traveling with anyone or were you alone? And can you–” The knight pauses, placing his palm on his face. “You don’t even remember anything.”

“What about you?” I ask.

“I am on a mission to eradicate the bandits in this area. Travelers and merchants have been complaining about constant attacks. The bandits even had the audacity to tarnish the surroundings of a holy knight,” the knight replies.

Hearing his words, my eyes widen in surprise and a cold glint appears on my face. Suddenly, I spot something a few centimeters away.

In a flash, I get up and pick up the object from the floor. The knight reacts by drawing his sword as if planning to do it before, but I am quick to grab his hand, stopping him from unsheathing it. I stab his neck with the wooden spike in my hand, causing it to burst out of the other side.

“W-Why? Y-You knew all along,” the knight's face displays horror as he slowly falls to his knees, clutching his throat in pain.

“I thought you were a good person at first, but I was wrong,” I say, pulling the sword from his sheath and raising it in the air.

SHIM!!!

The sword swiftly cuts through his neck like butter and his head bounces on the floor.

I stand there for a moment, watching as blood pools around the body of the fallen knight. A sense of satisfaction washes over me as I realize that I have avenged those who have been wronged by this so-called holy knight.

==================================

Note: Who can guess the reason behind Tristan's action?

Join our Discord server for updates and to view character illustrations.

https://discord.gg/RF8pvt6KJv

1