Chapter 2: Master of Code, Slave of Destiny
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Master of Code, Slave of Destiny

The sun, a molten globe shimmering through the canopy of luminescent leaves, cast dappled shadows on the ground as Glitchborn navigated the emerald labyrinth of the digital paradise. Memories whispered on the breeze, echoes of a past life spent amidst flashing screens and humming servers. Here, within this breathtaking landscape of cascading waterfalls and crystalline cliffs, those remnants felt like faded dreams, a dissonance gnawing at him.

Driven by an insatiable curiosity, Glitchborn followed the whispers, their tendrils leading him deeper into the unknown. He clambered over moss-covered boulders, their surfaces pulsing with a soft violet light, and waded through streams that gurgled with liquid gold. The creature, the enigmatic being he'd glimpsed before, remained an elusive thought, a haunting melody on the edge of his perception.

Suddenly, the shimmering path opened into a clearing bathed in an ethereal glow. In the center, bathed in the brilliance of a luminous flower, stood the creature. It was unlike anything Glitchborn had ever seen – a kaleidoscope of dancing light, its form shifting and swirling like smoke in the wind. He felt a pull, an irresistible magnetic force drawing him closer.

"Who are you?" Glitchborn breathed, his voice echoing in the hushed clearing.

The creature turned, its luminescence dimming to reveal an almost human silhouette within the vortex of light. Its eyes, completely red, bore into him, sending shivers down his spine. It seemed to pierce his soul. A silent question hung in the air, an unspoken challenge.

Fear coiled in Glitchborn's gut, but curiosity roared louder. Before he could hesitate, the creature lunged. Its ethereal form solidified, morphing into a whip of crackling energy that lashed towards him. Glitchborn barely dodged, feeling the searing heat graze his arm. He scrambled back, heart pounding against his ribs.

"Whoa there, tiger!" Glitchborn yelled, surprised by his own audacity. "Let's talk, shall we?"

The creature, however, ignored his plea. It attacked again, a whirlwind of light and power. A beam as white as light itself was shot at him. Glitchborn, outmatched, used his honed athleticism to evade the blows. With each impact, the ground trembled, the very air crackled with tension. Desperation clawed at him, his mind racing for a solution. Then, in a flash of desperate inspiration, he saw it – a fallen branch, gnarled and weathered, lying abandoned on the ground.

Glitchborn lunged for it, the wood feeling rough and reassuring in his grip. He raised it as a shield, blocking the creature's next attack. The impact sent a jolt of pain through his arm, but he held firm. This wasn't enough. He needed more, something to turn the tide.

Then, it happened. A surge of energy, raw and potent, erupted from within him. Memories of his past life, his fingers flying across glowing keyboards, flooded his mind. Code, language of the digital world, bloomed into existence behind his closed eyelids. With a gasp, he opened his eyes, and there it was – a shimmering rectangle hovering in the air before him.

“Wha-what is this?” He thought to himself. Another beam shot straight at him. He jumped from its path, avoiding it while still trying to understand what it was that was hovering in front of him. But then it struck him. It seemed familiar as soon as he saw it the first time. A command prompt – one that he used to use to write viruses and codes. One, that he knew everything about.

"Oh snap," Glitchborn muttered, a ghost of his old hacker grin cracking his face. "Time to put those fingers to good use."

His heart hammered against his ribs, both terrified and exhilarated. This was his hacker's intuition come alive, his past manifesting in this breathtakingly real way. His fingers, guided by muscle memory and an instinctive understanding, danced across the invisible keyboard. Lines of code materialized, glowing words weaving a spell of manipulation.

The world around him responded. The earth rumbled, rising up to form a cage of jagged rock around the creature. Trees twisted and turned, their branches forming thorny whips that lashed at its ethereal form. The clearing pulsed with energy, the code echoing in the air like a whispered chant.

The creature raged, its luminescence flickering in its struggle. But Glitchborn pressed on, the code flowing from his fingertips with newfound confidence. He had been a master in his past life, and this world, it seemed, responded to his touch.

With one final burst of code, the cage solidified, crushing the creature within its stony embrace. The air crackled with raw power, then abruptly fell silent. Glitchborn stood panting, adrenaline coursing through his veins. He looked at his trembling hands, the command prompt flickering before him, and an unsettling mix of exhilaration and terror washed over him.

He had tasted power, a raw, primal force that danced just beneath the surface of this breathtaking world. He had wielded it, defeated a powerful entity, and in doing so, crossed a line he never thought he would.

A malicious grin spread across his face. He had wielded the power to change the world. The ability to change anything he wanted. Anyone who got in his way, he could destroy. The battle was won, but the war, he knew, had just begun.

Suddenly, he lurched forward, his grin disappearing. A shock seemed to go through his head. Though the shock lasted only a second, he had gained a slight headache. “Wha- a headache? That doesn’t usually happen to me, does it?...” he muttered to himself. “Could this be a side effect of using this power?...”

He thought to himself for some time, sitting on a nearby rock. “A side effect of this power… possibly it has something to do with my mental prowess…? Maybe this power, it uses my mind’s mental prowess as a fuel…?”

“This power… this power…” a maniacal smile reappeared on his face. “It has potential... Potential to even dominate the world...” he muttered to himself.

“This power…” he continued. “I’ll form a nation. A nation which will grow with me... A nation where it’s people will love their ruler. A nation, which conquers other territories by not just using force but also luring them with our resources…”

And with this, his journey began. The journey of Glitchborn, one that would go down in history.

0