Outer Tournament ( First Part )
138 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Disciple of a Gate Elder ?!" Exclaimed Jian. Even geniuses would need to work hard to become disciples of Gate Elders, and yet Li Kuo succeeded so easily. This Zero King Sutra must truly be incredible. Gate Elders weren't like normal Elders. 

In the Poisonous Raja Sect, there were tree types of Elders. Normal Elders, Gate Elders and Founding Elders. The Treasure Elder per example was a Founding Elder and had much more privilege than Hou Fei.

" Yeah you heard it ! So you are his dog, right ?!" Asked the older disciples. It was quite visible on his face, his patience was drawing thin. 

" Of course not ! We were friend, weren't you able to see this with your dog eyes ?!" Asked Jian, who was getting angry too. 

" What, I am the dog now ?! You have some balls brat !" Said the much older disciple. Jian could also tell the man was just as strong as he was, however he was alone and the older disciples was surrounded by his friends. 

" You are the one who called me a dog first, don't be surprised if I insult you back." Said Jian stubbornly. The older disciples were a bit surprised since Jian wasn't being supressed by their numbers, but then again some of them knew he was one stubborn kid.

The much older disciple cocked back his fist, ready to punch Jian. However just as he was about to destroy Jian's face, a palm stopped him. It didn't just stop him, it broke his hand. 

" Arggh ! Who dared to break my hand ?! Guys, kill that fucker !" Yelled the man. Yet the others didn't move, so he turned around and saw something that poured a bucket of ice on him.

" T-Tian Zhou ?!" Said the man, his eyes widening. Tian Zhou was one of East Gate Elder Hou Fei's disciples. He wasn't someone he could even look in the eyes. However Tian Zhou wasn't the one who broke his hand. No that person was Peng Fu, Huang Lei's follower. 

Since two Inner disciples were present, which wasn't supposed to be the case, the older disciples looked like they to flee as fast as they could. 

Snorting, Tian Zhou got in front of Jian, while Peng Fu did the same and they both yelled.

" Jian is under...Jin Wang's protection !" Yelled Tian Zhou.

" Huang Lei's protection !" Yelled Peng fu at the same time. 

They both glared at each other, while Jian was stunned. He knew he was supposed to be Huang Lei's little brother now, however he was quite surprised to hear that he was also under Jin Wang's protection. 

Hearing this, the older disciples dropped their jaws on the ground, before a glare from Tian Zhou had them running away. 

" It is quite an unpleasant surprise to hear that Jin Wang is interested in my Boss' younger brother." Said Peng Fu, holding his sleeve over his mouth while chuckling. Tian Zhou merely snorted and looked at Jian. Now looking at the boy closer, Tian Zhou could somewhat understand why his Boss was interested in him.

" Jin Wang is much more powerful than Huang Lei could ever hope to be. That beggar better stay out of my Boss' way." Said Tian Zhou before walking away. Peng Fu shook his head and looked at Jian.

" Well dear Jian, looks like you are quite good at getting into troubles." Said the snake-like man. 

" Pfff ! They are just dumbasses. As if I am Li Kuo's dog, we are friends. " Huffed Jian in slight anger. Peng Fu nodded and reached into his sleeve. 

" Why....Why do you have a snake in your sleeve ?!" Screamed Jian, jumping away from the man. 

" Oh that ? I am quite good with animals, so I can communicate with them. Snakes are easy to hide in my robe, so I put a few inside. I use them as messengers." He said, bringing the snake to his mouth, murmuring something to it before he threw it away. The snake slithered away while Jian was in complete awe. 

" You are a Beast tamer ?" He asked, his voice full of excitation.

" Oh oh, I wouldn't dare to call myself that. I am merely someone who is good with those little creatures. Anyway, I have some business to attend to at the Inner Court. I will see you at the Outer Tournament." Said Peng Fu before he too, walked away. 

" That was quite strange, but now that I have the protection of those two, no one should mess with me. " Said Jian before he walked back home.

*******************

( Three days later)

The day of the Outer Tournament had come. Since this was just a normal event, there wasn't any decorations or anything of the sort, but one could feel the excitation coming off from the disciples. 

While the disciples were walking to the Arena, they were talking to each other. 

" You heard what they said ?! Not only will a Gate  Elder be present, there will also be an Elite Disciple coming !" Said a disciple, stunning the others around him.

" You're serious ?! Usually Inner Disciples and Elders only come for some entertainment, but if an Elite Disciple came....Maybe that means this Elite will select someone become his or her junior !" Saud another disciple. Hearing this, the disciples were even more pumped up. 

However a small commotion broke out when a young disciple arrived. For some reasons that puzzled the other disciples, he appeared to be even younger than when he first arrived at the Sect. This disciple was of course Jian.

He was walking around, looking in front of him and not giving any attention to the disciples who were making way for him. 

" Hey isn't that Jian ?!" 

" Who ?"

" Jian you dumbass ! That dude became quite known in the Outer Court those last few days. He's under Jin Wang and Huang Lei's protection, not only that but he was friend with that Li Kuo. You know, the guy who became North Gate Elder's disciple for some mysterious reasons. Some people said he uses a powerful Unique Technique, but those are only rumors." Said a disciple. His words made the others around him look at Jian weirdly. This kid was actually such a troublesome figure !

While people were gossiping, Jian was actually talking to the system.

' System, since I couldn't breakthrough the Third Step during those last few days, do you think I can get into the top 10 ? Apparently Zhao Shu should be the strongest disciple around, but I am  not really sure. ' Thought the young boy. 

[ Getting into the Top 10 would be easy with the sword, however as you already know Master, showing this sword to all the disciples could get you some unwanted attention. However you have that trump card, it may help you get into Top 3. Top 10 shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't face Zhao Shu at the start.]

' That's what I thought. I can fight endleslly, or at least I should be able to last for a long time. During my previous training I discovered that the Venerable Immortal Body has a limit. A limit I can surpass as long as I can higher realms. However with it, I have a huge advantage over the other disciples.'

Since the tournament was about to commence, most of the disciples were already there. Jian sat on one of the stone steps and watched as someone announced the start of the Tournament. He had never saw this person.

" Hey isn't that Huang Lei ? You know the guy who never shows his real strengh ?" Said a disciple who was behind Jian. 

Jian's eyes widened as he looked at Huang Lei who smiled at him. The man had a somewhat normal face , he wasn't overly handsome like Jin Wang. However he had short spiky hair and multiple scars on his forehead. He looked like a veteran who had gone through numerous wars. He also had a muscular body, which was rare for a disciple of a Sect. 

After Huang Lei finished talking, he got on the side of the arena since he was the referee and said two names. The disciples in question climbed on the arena and started fighting as soon as Huang Lei yelled ' Start '. 

The first fights were somewhat boring, though Jian paid attention to them since he wanted gauge the level of the other disciples. He was so focused, he missed the way Zhao Shu who was sitting not far away from him, was looking at him.  At first the man's eyes burned with  disdain, but then for some reasons he started to smile, which freaked out everyone around him. 

Wei Fang and Lu'er were also there, looking at the arena while they were sitting on chairs. They were the only ones who had chairs. Even Jin Wang was sitting on the stone steps. Talking about Jin Wang, he and Huang Lei weren't the only Inner Disciples who had come. After all Inner Disciples always came to the Outer Tournament to recruit some followers. Jin Wang on the other hand was only looking at Jian and Zhao Shu, since in his eyes they were the only ones who had potential. 

He was soon proved wrong.

" WOAH ! Did that guy just used Fire ?!" Screamed a disciple as he watched someone in the arena shoot fire from his fist. Wei Fang's eyes who were closed till now suddenly opened, as Lu'er looked at rhe disciple who had used fire with greed in her eyes.

' How is that possible ?! A Qi Core Realm Cultivators isn't supposed to be able to use Elements, unless...' Thought Jian. 

Suddenly the disciple in question spread his arms and smiled cruelly at his adversary. 

" Come out, Hell Fire Lion !" Yelled the disciple. All of a sudden, the arena was filled with flames and a Lion made out of purple fire jumped out from the disciple's back.

" This....This is a rare Martial Spirit !" Exclaimed Wei Fang. 

' Hell Fire Lion.....It's a young one so it's only at the Qi Core 4th Step. However those things can step into the Mortal Realm. Interesting....' Thought Jin Wang. 

' The Hell Fire Lion is a Demonic Beast. This disciple either had it sealed inside his body, or he can use Demonic Qi...I do hope it's the latter.' Thought Wei Fang. In this Mortal World, no one really cared about the danger Demonic Cultivators represented, and a Sect like the Poisonous Raja Sect would do anything to have one. 

' This guy is sure to become a prized disciple. I wonder why he never showed his Martial Spirit before.' Thought Jian.

Of course now that the Martial Spirit was out, the fight had already ended. The Hell Fire Lion shot a fire ball at his prey and it nearly killed the disciple. Huang Lei saved him before he died and threw him away. 

" I declare Zhao Yun as the winner of this fight !" Yelled Huang Lei.

' Z-Zhao ?!!!'

2