Chapter 26 – The Demons’ Bout (3)
208 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofreader: Me (Enjoy the first time appearance of Uriel's POV.)

Cooling myself down from my enraged stupor, I mustered all the strength left in my body. With this surge of energy, I dashed into the insane Carlos. 

“There it is,” My eyes locked onto the red spot on his waist. Within the bleeding gap in his body, that my repeated strikes created, was a weak point.

He stepped backwards, escaping my sword’s range. His instincts improved yet again. In response, I threw my sword at his head and leapt forward to not let him escape. It stuck itself in his eye, with him yelling in pain. He rampaged further, losing sight of where I was. Seeing his fading humanity, I tensed my legs to leap one final time.

I enhanced the gravity around me to land exactly right under his nose. As if I held a ball of rotating energy, I thrust my arm forward. Dead centre into the red circle. Such was the power of the [Enigmatic Chance].

“This is it, you weak-minded fucker!”

My last magic missile was released at last. 

[Critical Hit!]

Uaaagghh!”

His body propelled backwards at a neck-breaking speed. Carlos was unable to stand, lying there motionless on the grass carved out by an orc-like body.

“Hahaha! Look, I win!” I raised my arms into the air, celebrating. “Head on a pike! Head on a pike!”

Everything I trained for in the past days was worth it. Erin and her demonic training saved me in the end…

“Luke!” Rodney yelled my name again, “Luke! Behind!”

Huh-

Black streams of mana stretched out toward my face. I tried to move out of the way but it was too late. My limbs had lost all feeling.

Whoosh!

A magic barrier materialised in front of me, coloured with a violet hue. 

“Serina?” Rodney mumbled. 

A warrior protagonist made their haggard appearance, “Hah… hah… Everyone’s been scrambling for you two since Rodney broke into the senior’s room.”

Reacting to the increasing presence, Carlos’ body convulsed even further.

Bzzt! Bzzzzz!

My surroundings turned chaotic, with his body radiating some kind of black energy. All of which had been sublimated into a hostile stream of darkness.

“Run away!” My remaining stamina had been sapped entirely.

The self-destruct process was beginning despite my efforts. I watched the energy multiply before me multiply, becoming larger and larger. 

“These fucking Demon fanatics man…”  I was simply a viewer of my death.

I could only pray that the others would-

“Luke!” A voice I hadn’t heard in a day called out. “G- get up, please! I’m here now!”

“Y-yeah…”Even though I was in tatters, she shook my body in her panic. The world began to spin as the only thing left to do was pass out.

“Eh- wait! Don’t die!”

Such were the last words I heard.

-x-

Uriel’s POV

“Wake up!” I grasped my saviour’s collapsed body regardless of the circumstances around me. “You’re not allowed to die!”

Ron found me tucked away in the room of the senior, passed out and tied up. Only to bring me here in my confusion, yet why…? Why was Luke fighting? Grief struck my heart, seeing the fall of the monster which removed the foreign energy in my body. 

It was then, that I knew that he had saved me.

“That’s why- you’re not allowed to!-“ 

“Stop that,” A hand touched my shoulder. “He’s fine- well, mostly. Let the guy rest.”

I refuted, “But Ron!”

“Just look at his face,” My childhood friend’s face had a sympathetic look.

“Ah…” Luke’s face had lost colour, his eyes open but with only whites showing. 

“Uri, aren’t you the saint?” He asked me. “Heal him already.”

“I… I- I am!” 

I called upon the graces of the Lord Astria, gathering all of my holy energy into one great ceremony. I lowered myself, looking at the floor and grasping my hands together.

An immersive white world of the divine had lent its power to my vessel. This process, this way of praying, gave me the strength to create a miracle.

Ron uttered quietly, “Every time I see this, it never gets old.”

Vaguely, the sense of holiness had descended upon me.  Granting me white, feathery wings, I rose from my prayer. I raised my hands over Luke’s body.

‘[Miracle of the Divine: Mortal Ascendance]’

Of the three miracles, I decided on one which would restore him to his peak condition, while removing all the impurities in the area.

As if Heaven itself came to resurrect the fallen, Luke’s body rose from the floor bathing in a divine light. All wounds had subsided, leaving nothing but the will to remove all evil in the vicinity. Carlos’ body had ceased convulsing altogether once the light spread out across the damaged field.

“Hah… hah…” My breath became haggard, with the hasty absence of holy energy leaving my body.

“Well done saint!” A clap could be heard not too far away from us. “I was curious as to how you would fare, but this was more than enough. I’ll take care of our student here, and patch him all up.”

Professor Clarisse arrived by herself, without the presence of the other staff. Even if classes were running, why did they only send one person?

“Luke’s already fine!” I clenched his unconscious body tighter.

Oh- not him, but your senior.”

Carlos was wrapped in a physical projection of the professor’s mana, showing a level of skill that students couldn’t hope to reach. 

“Tell Luke the Headmaster wishes to meet him before the Dungeon Expedition tomorrow. Also, bring him to the infirmary… and… you two need to report your situation to both the Head of Security and the Vice Headmaster,” Clarisse rapidly fired instructions towards us.

“Eh-“ The situation moved faster than I could think. “W- Why is the expedition s- still happening?”

“No one was affected besides you four, so no problem.” She waved her hands, getting ready to leave, “Anyways, bye!”

She flew off literally, leaving me and Ron stumped.

“Well, I can take Luke to the infirmary, and you can go back to report on this-“

“No!” I firmly rejected his idea. “I’ll take him myself, you do it!”

“Hahaha!” He chuckled seeing my harsh response, “That’s fine, just don’t caught up in anything scandalous.”

“Hah!?” My entire head filled with an immense heat. “W- w- what do you mean!?”

“I’ll see you later,” He waved goodbye with one hand.

“Why are you ignoring me!” 

Ron walked away, not saying anything back.

“Whew…”My head cooled down listening to the soft breaths of Luke, who was resting on my lap. Around us were the remains of a hard-fought battleground, but it was strangely relaxing.

He didn’t look like it, but to me, he was already a hero. Even before this, he was the first person to take me seriously besides Rodney. I was always told that I was too nervous for a saint, so the archbishop believed that I was not yet fit to be a saint. Luke had noticed that and had encouraged me rather than poke fun at me out of jealousy for my position.

“Thank you,” I whispered above him. “But…”

He may have done a couple more than infuriating things. I remembered the time he picked me up and ran at full speed…. despite my anger then, it was fun looking back at it now.

“Okay!” I fist-bumped the air with newfound determination. “I’ll take you to the infirmary myself!”

“…”

How could I carry him with my body, nor without any holy power left?

“Luke! And… uhhh… Uriel!” It was Fen, looking at the lap pillow I was currently giving. I forgot he was here completely.

Ron’s words came back to bite me immediately… Did Lord Astria truly forsake me?

“It’s fine…?” He seemed to recognise my embarrassment. “Well I came to help with the aftermath, but all seems okay.”

“What do you mean ‘Okay?’” I was wondering what he meant until I faced upwards.

Violet hair was dangling from the sky, revealing the Rosemary’s most promising child.

“H- how long has she been there?” I stammered while shaking, “A- and why does she look so mad?”

“Beats me, I saw her the moment I arrived.”

“Eh- s- so that, that means…!” 

“She’s been watching you the whole time,” Fen shrugged, “I guess her stalker behaviour continues.”

“Uwaaaahhhhhhh!” 

An immeasurable amount of heat surged up around my cheeks. My mind losing its cool completely, shut off.

I'm probably not gonna upload until wednesday or thursday to catch up on chapters, etc. :>

11