Prologue
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon the ashen plain of Tivaria, Randia embraced his dearest sibling. The devastating war left them nothing but each other. However, even that will soon be torn apart by the death who has been knocking on the door.

"Ran . . . the blessing persists. Their voices remain the same."

"Stop talking, Asmar. We need to cure your wounds."

Randia knows that the time will soon come for his brother. The beating of his heart is weakened, and his skin turns uncoloured. No matter how many healing mantras and medical techniques he tried, they cannot make anything better. Slowly but surely, he is starting to accept the inevitable. Heavier than the gathering dark clouds, tears begin to flow as the spirit has been bested.

"Ah, I see . . . I have failed. It is not over yet."

"NO! You know that's impossible! We WON!"

Asmar slowly takes off his necklace and pushes it against his brother.

"Won? There is no victory in war, brother. Only pain . . . Only deaths remain."

The dying man coughed and a bucket of blood poured into the ground.

". . . Nevertheless, you have to carry on. All life must pass . . . and today, I'm afraid it's mine."

"Come on! Work! Work, you fucker!"

As the older brother caresses the little one's cheek for one last time, his vision turns darker and darker with each passing second. He is worried about the look in Randia's eyes, but there's nothing left that he can do. He only hopes that time will do its magic, and mend everything to what it was like it has always been.

"You're going to send me off with that face, big boy?" Asmar chuckled.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, brother. I don't know what to do. I just can't . . . ."

"It's okay. You know there's no way I can hate you. And I'm sure the others will also understand your choice."

Asmar slowly clenches his fist and bumps it into Randia's chest. It's weak and as fragile as a baby.

"Be strong, Randia. For the sake of children and a brighter dawn."

"Asmar! I need you!"

"Even the darkest chasm has its path, brother . . . May we be reunited in a much kinder world . . . Asla gracia."

The soul of Asmar ascends along with his last breath, leaving Randia alone with a storm of anger and grief in his heart. He cursed the gods and goddesses, the folded and unfolded fate, and everything in between.

Hence, begin the path of the ghost of The Eastern Front, its sole survivor and the witness of the Silent Twilight.

1