Rationality.
706 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A feeling of harmony, peace and comfort enveloped my being as I rested. It was only when the brightness became too distracting that I finally, opened my eyes.

As I watched the clouds in the celestial firmament in a state of convalescence from such a deep sleep. It was then that memories and feelings began to return to my mind as if a movie was taking place.

Forests and mountains destroyed in seconds before the implacable power that the transformation gave me.

Rivers of blood from hundreds of bodies lying inert in the wild and destroyed field. Craters where only ashes remained of those hit and vaporized by my attacks.

The smell of death, fear and blood was still impregnated in my nose while my eyes opened like saucers before what happened.

The memories of how powerful and liberated I felt made such horrifying memories have a different tinge. My human mind and reasoning wanted to judge what I did and lived.

But I simply closed my eyes and tried to take a deep breath. Still appalled by what happened, I could not allow myself to focus on the negative.

I was a Saiyan now, and my most urgent need was power and survival. There would be time to contemplate the violent nature of who I became.

Trying to recall the incredible power I wielded during those hours, I tried to focus on remembering how easy was for the transformation to control ki.

It was amazing to think that such a wild transformation allowed such ease of using ki, it was like a second nature just like breathing. So I tried to replicate my achievements of the night before.

I sat there while I tried to get that almighty feeling coursing through my body. Thus, I managed to feel my body floating slowly as energy made it's way through every space of my body. Without leaving even a small crane of my body untraveled.

Although the powerful feeling I felt was still far away, the doors were open, 'It seems that the transformation to oozaru is necessary for the saiyans and their continued growth of power.' I thought to myself after analyzing and comparing the results.

The ease of moving the energy in my body had shot through the roof, it was as if I had previously clogged pipes full of garbage, and now I could move it without any kind of obstruction.

Opening my eyes again, I tried to keep controlling my ki in different ways, be it projecting my energy to my palm and fingers while preventing the energy from shooting out.

Although I failed miserably in the first few attempts, I did not allow myself to break from my current concentration as I noticed that I was in 'the zone' and tried to make the most of this moment of enlightenment.

Thanks to this, I was finally able to project two balls of energy into my palms while moving them in coordination with my movements as I tried different fighting postures.

Dazzled by my accomplishment, I avoided thinking about the terrible hunger I was feeling at that moment as I continued my ki training. Although I was oblivious to the depths of the nature of ki itself, I tried in my mind to get an idea of what it represented. Thanks to this I was able to get a basic idea that I was able to understand as I found silence and peace. 

In one hand there was the aspect of physical ki, which was what gave me strength. And on the other, the one I felt. Which was nourished by emotions. The latter was something I noticed when I was in my oozaru transformation, when it seemed that my ki increased tenfolds as I became more powerful in moments where rage and anger consumed me.

There was also another nature of ki, but I was really unable at this point to discern its nature, so I did not delved deeper and proceeded to venture further into my enlightenment.

'I should try to perceive the ki of others,' I thought to myself, as I forced a part of my ki outward and tried to perceive my surroundings.

However, all I received was an enormous amount of information that caused me to lose not only my concentration, but also my awareness.

It wasn't until several hours later that I woke up again, and this time it was Rucule's familiar voice. As he was glad to found me.

During the whole ordeal, most of us separate with each other after fighting off, Seleri and I went to one side while Rucule, Ramela and Aprit went to other.

Thus, with all of us passing out it took almost a day for Rucule to use his scouter and pick us all. Luckily we flew fast back towards our campment, although what was once a green and lush forest, was now a barren wasteland filled with craters and devoid of all life.

During the flight I was able to notice the sheer amount of destruction caused by us and I was left rendered speechless. Only some spare pieces of grass was left behind as dozens of kilometers around were flattened and utterly destroyed.

Seeing this, we decided to move away from the current campement as there wasn't any hiding spot to hide ourselves while we grow up.

We then spent the whole night moving away from the original location and built a cave in one faraway mountain to remain as our home. While at the same time to prevent another full moon incident.

After getting the information of the next full moon for the computer on board, I draw on the cave walls a calendar with the days that we should avoid to look outside, much to Rucule's surprise.

Although I was asked in regards of how I was able to read and write. I simply shrugged off while I continue training.

However, our little incident seemed to create enormous shockwaves throughout the planet, as we had to many times watch with concern various armies and warbands scouting our previous campments while seemingly powerful figures emerged to search for us.

Although I was able to recognize the humans on some of these warbands, I paid little regards as I acknowledge the menace we currently were.

Luckily It was during this time that I finally was able to talk, although with some slurred words, Rucule was more than happy to have someone to chat with and with me able to influence directly his decisions, we finally saw advances in our goals and objectives.

Unbeknownst to us, however, the wheel of destiny had begun to turn, as our first interaction with this world set off a domino effect that would forever change the fate of this galaxy, and with it, the power of the Saiyan race made it first appearance on stage.

...

"The total loss of fertile land has reached nearly fifteen percent, which will undoubtedly affect our production for the tithe. And that's not counting the various cities and artisans lost in the attacks." A stern voice, belonging to a woman, echoed through the high ceilings of the vast chamber. 

Ebony marble floors and walls carved with various motifs, statues and figures adorned the chamber, while a large chandelier of exceptional craftsmanship displayed the luxury and wealth of its owner.

In the centre of the chamber lay a large black table of fine and exquisite wood, above it an artifact that revealed the image of a refined and beautiful woman. 

Seated, watching her from his imported armchair was a middle-aged man, the silver hair on the sides hinted that his age was certainly advanced, yet the jet black of his remaining hair, as well as his moustache and beard, showed that even in his age, this man enjoyed vitality.

Accentuated by his elegant and refined surroundings, the man was dressed in fine fabrics that revealed a remarkable sophistication in fashion.

"I will call for help, this is far beyond what the planet's defences can do, the ruinous powers may be the ones who have brought or summoned such beasts." The man's deep, raspy voice answered the woman, his tone strident but weary.

"Be that as it may, we cannot let this situation continue forward, even more so when I ignored the plague problem of those filthy xenos."At the thought of the ork invasion his planet was suffering, the man could not help but form an expression of disgust and contempt.

"As you command my lord, I will try to keep you informed." The woman's voice echoed once more so that the image was lost and silence buried the room.

For a long moment the man stood frowning at his desk in silence as different thoughts ran through his head.

Letting out a long sigh, the man shook his head and muttered to himself "Let's hope we get a quick response from the Administratum, after all the Imperial Tithe will be affected by this."

And like an oracle sorcerer, the man was to be ignorant of how real his concern would be.

.....

Time flew by as Bann and the others accommodated to their lives. With their daily routine of training, fighting, eating and sleeping the kids grew stronger and healthy as the months passed by.

It was during this time that Bann began to take a strong interest in learning what he could about saiyan technology. The need for a recovery capsule was a priority for him if he wanted to further improve his training results.

However, the more Bann learned, the more he realised how difficult the situation he found himself in was. Without someone with Bulma's intellect at his side, it was going to take not only time, but patience and luck for him to replicate the technology.

Not only that, but also the fact that the most basic materials for the manufacture of the basic tools required a process that Bann himself acknowledged he was incapable of producing.

It was then that, seeing such a difficult situation, he listened to the orders given again by the computer in command and found the solution to the problem.

The same saiyans who were with him should each take a role so that they could make progress. It was then that he asked Rucule about the instructions they had been given and what orders they had.

And the answer was simple and effective.

"Each member of the team has a responsibility and an order to make technological and social progress. Understand this to mean taking on a role and fulfilling the duty to reproduce and repopulate our specie."

With order in hand, Bann began to teach Rucule as much as he could about what was most necessary for the future of the team. Not letting the little boy fall into his frequent depressive episodes, Bann forced him to listen to the military organisation of the Saiyans, the training they received on the planet Vegeta and the different types of martial arts they used.

It was there that they also heard the message that Rucule's father had left Rucule about how to control the Oozaru transformation and maintain rationality in order to squeeze the most out of its power.

With such important knowledge in consideration, the two began to train their minds to become stronger mentally. However, this training was complicated and required a great deal of discipline, which although Rucule had plenty of at his young age, it was not enough to overshadow his normal nature, for he was, after all, a mere child.

However, even with the slow progress in controlling the Oozaru transformation, the children never stopped growing. Within the first year of arriving on the planet, Bann had seen his fighting power rise to 140 units. While Rucule had seen his grow to a respectable 410 units.

However, even so, Rucule still couldn't avoid be overtaken by Seleri, who remained the strongest among them with 426 units. Although the little girl was not the one who was training the most with Bann and Rucule, the fact that she was constantly fighting with someone at Rucule's level and flying almost all day long, was enough for the talented baby to keep her advantage so far.

On the other hand, Ramela and Aprit, being the last to join the training and fights, improved the least, with both coming in at 307 and 306 respectively.

Even so, these two still had a level of power that Bann could only hope to reach in another few months or years, depending on how successful his approach to training was.

As the months passed, the growth of the small squadron of saiyans increased even more, while the world around them was thrown into change and chaos.

Bann and Rucule watched the changes and events closely. After all, this world would be the springboard that would propel the saiyans into the future, and though they were still in the shadows learning and growing, they did not remain ignorant of their surroundings.

Growing up observant of the world around them and of Bann's guiding figure, the rest of the children learned to speak. The cave they lived in was filled with talk, laughter and play. 

Bann and Rucule took on the de facto role of father and/or older brother to their peers, with the former even overlapping Rucule's role as trainer by his fifth year on the planet and never losing it ever since.

Although over the years it became much more complicated to keep the group still in the shadows and observant, the squadron of saiyans remained patient. Waiting for the day when they could finally show themselves in all their splendour.

However, it was during the twelfth year that every plan made by Bann and Rucule was affected. And that the planet Faradras finally got the help they asked for more than a decade ago.

The full amount of the Imperial Tribute had failed for over twelve years, and finally the empire had sent not only an emissary to account, but a fleet to attend to the cataclysm that occurred.

It was time to pay.

33