15
115 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aren't you overreacting, dear Lisia?"

The woman felt the comforting embrace and the soothing voice, causing her tears to flow even as she clung tightly to the man. Despite her broken and pitiful state, she endured the pain, finding strength in her devotion to him.

"Ha...haa... I heard you ingested poison." 

Gasping for breath, she locked eyes with the man, her gaze red from tears and her face contorted in anguish. 

The news of his poison consumption had sent her mind reeling back to that fateful night when he had cried in his sleep, instilling fear in her heart.

"You really haven't been taking care of yourself, Lisia," 

The man softly remarked, a tender expression on his face. Lifting her gently in a princess carry, he laid her down on the bed and promptly summoned the doctors to attend to her ailing health.

"It's okay, nothing will happen to me,"

The woman weakly reassured, her face pallid as she struggled to catch her breath. She sought solace in the man's gentle gaze. 

She was determined to survive, to live for him, and if she couldn't, she would strive to fulfill his wish for her to endure another week.

"We've administered the necessary medications and hope she won't exert herself like this again; it's perilous for her," 

The doctor informed the man. 

Holding the woman's hand,Man gestured towards all remaining ones to leave the room as both man and woman looked into each other's eyes.

After others left, he sat in silence on the bed, not sparing a word or a glance towards the woman, who was visibly weak. 

She patiently waited for him to speak, but after an hour had passed, she couldn't contain her curiosity and gently asked, "Um... are you not going to sleep?"

"I am, but promise me not to do anything like that again, understood?"

 The man's voice carried a mix of concern and admonition as he lay down beside the woman, wrapping his arms around her.

Her eyes widened briefly before she softly replied, "Okay..."

...

In the midnight, the man's obsidian eyes fluttered open. He found himself in the midst of a dream, facing a mocking dozen figures,Helpless.

He suddenly felt a presence lying on his chest. It was a woman with blonde hair, her gentle breaths revealing her weakened state.

Turning his gaze, he noticed a cat lounging on a sofa nearby

'Do you know what's the most impossible thing to achieve in this world?'

Though the cat perked its ears at the words, it chose not to respond as it remained it's eyes closed, as if waiting for man's answer. 

' It's loyalty '

 The man answered his own question, waiting for the cat to join in, but it remained silent.

As he gently stroked the woman's hair, she snuggled closer, finding solace in his touch, lost in a deep slumber.

[I can just tweak their memories. Why go through the trouble for loyalty]

The cat casually remarked, stating facts. But when it noticed the man's astonished expression, that seemed to ask, 'Why didn't you mention this earlier?' before it continued

 [For mortals like them, it's a challenge. Their brains not only store memories but also the emotions tied to them. That makes it difficult to maintain a consistent state of brainwashing]

Understanding dawned on the man as he recalled cases of memory loss where patients were advised to revisit familiar places. This gave him a clearer perspective on the cat's insights.

'What about me'

The man inquired, stealing a quick glance at the woman while continuing to gently stroke her head.

[Human, you already know the answer]

The cat replied as it closed it's eyes and gone back to sleep.

'And what about her son?'

The man asked, a slight smile playing on his face. 

The cat perked it's ear as again turned it's head towards man then looked towards woman it's eyes mirrored the glint, responding.

[Now, that's piqued my curiosity ]

The woman was deeply asleep, blissfully unaware of what awaited her. She felt the comforting warmth of an embrace, as cozy as the sun's gentle rays.

'Guess, it have to wait'

Man said as he closed his Eyes and hugged the woman before falling into sleep. 

......

A man with dark, flowing hair sat beside a frail woman, offering fruits. She weakly whispered, sapping her strength as each day took a toll on her health.

"No more, I'm already full," she softly said.

"Alright, just let me know if you need anything," the man replied.

The woman, her face pale, nodded slightly and leaned on the man, surprising him. He offered his shoulder for her comfort.

"I... I'll fight to endure," she murmured.

Those words pierced the man's heart, awakening a deep memory. He heard the woman, with her delicate voice, sing:

"In your essence, I find my tether 🎶

Every breath dedicated, we're together.

To part from you, a desolate void🎶

In your embrace, my true essence enjoyed."

The weight of emotions echoed in her song, conveying a profound depth of love and longing.

As the man sat in quiet reflection, memories bubbled up from within. Emotions tugged at him, trying to pull him into their whirlwind, yet he held on tight, reminiscing about the reasons behind his reserved demeanor. Those challenging moments in his past, the very experiences that had molded him - they all came rushing back. 

This time, he made a silent promise to himself: those wicked forces wouldn't triumph. No matter how small, he was resolute on standing against them. 

Aiming to save the woman before him would serve as his first step towards the inevitable defeat of those ominous beings.

"Your voice is really sweet, Lisia"

Man said as gentle rubbed his fingers on her palm as woman suddenly remembered something as she said 

"I used to sang lullaby for my child"

As man heard these words his heart skipped a beat, before getting relaxed after what woman said next 

"Hope I will meet him soon after waking up from this dream" 

Man then realised until now this woman was in thought that this whole thing was part of her dream.

" What if I say, if you survived even a minute more than the time I asked for, this dream will become reality"

As man spoke firmly holding woman's hands he saw woman slightly flinch before got relax as weak smile adorned her face.

" I.... will.... try "

.....

After arranging for all the doctors and maids to care for Lisia, the man stormed out of the mansion, fueled by anger from a haunting past that surfaced once again making him remember his pathetic state infront of those. 

"Anastasia, are there any underground gangs or businesses in this area known for criminal activities?"

The man, fueled by his growing anger and determination, swiftly removed his coat, the fabric rustling as it slipped off his shoulders. 

He tossed it aside as a bodyguard catched it, revealing a well-fitted shirt underneath. With a deliberate calmness, he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, one by one, exposing his forearms and loosened his ties. 

"There's a loan shark named Jacob in Section 13 of the city," 

His secretary informed, rushing over to share the details as she felt something a miss after seeing her boss face angered yet remained to her profession. 

"Hey you! Give me a pair of karambit knives," he commanded, his voice laced with urgency and fury.

He glanced at one of his bodyguards, who stammered, "S-sir, if you want, I can accompany you."

*Thud*

The man, already struggling to contain his raging emotions, erupted, delivering a powerful punch that sent the guard flying nearly 10 meters, propelled by the enhanced strength from consuming the Elixirs.

"Anyone dares to follow, and it will be your last day," he warned, his eyes blazing with an intensity they had never witnessed before. The typically composed and calculating boss had unleashed a side they had never seen.

"Where are the damn keys!" he shouted, seizing the knives from the bodyguard. He swiftly snatched the keys to the Bugatti Chiron 300+ model, flung open the car doors, and seated himself. With no time to waste, he stomped on the accelerator.

*BROOM*

The gatekeepers watched in awe as the high-speed car raced toward them from a kilometer away, highlighting the grandeur and opulence of the mansion. Frantic, they hastily swung th

e gates open, the speeding car showing no regard for the distance, painting a picture of sheer luxury and determination.

1