20
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the vast expanse of the cosmos, where stars glimmered like distant beacons, a cosmic spectacle of unparalleled proportions was unfolding—an ethereal stage where bets had been placed within the very fabric of the universe. It was a magnificent display of celestial gambles, a drama that transcended time and space.

Once-potent beings of immense power and celestial influence, driven by their competitive spirits, were now grappling with the overwhelming weight of defeat.

 Their wagers had cost them the very essence of their existence, and the magnitude of their loss echoed through the farthest corners of the cosmos.

The stakes had been unfathomable, beyond the mortal matters of life or death. They symbolized triumph and prestige, the ultimate validation of their powers. 

Yet, in this moment of defeat, they stood as a stark reminder of their fallibility. Amidst the remnants of their once-vibrant energy, conversations of remorse and self-reflection reverberated through the cosmic void.

Thousands of beings were assembled, each one a formidable entity in its own right. They exchanged anxious murmurs and speculative glances as discussions about the unexpected results took center stage.

[I never anticipated such a loss. Is this an error?]

[I lost half of my Divine Energy.]

[Higher Gods should know something, right?]

An undercurrent of anxiety and uncertainty pervaded the gathering. Many beings voiced their concerns, pondering the mysterious variable that had caused this unforeseen outcome. 

They instinctively looked towards the Higher Ups, hoping for guidance or a shred of insight. However, fear and reverence kept them from speaking up, for they knew challenging the Higher Powers was no trivial matter.

Unbeknownst to them, the Higher Ups were in a state of deep contemplation and disbelief themselves.

[How could this have happened, Elysarra?]

[I made sure it was incurable in this world.]

[It doesn't matter. There seems to be a variable we missed.]

[Agreed. We have lost an unacceptable amount of Divine Energy.]

[Check what the first Karmic Vessel is doing.]

And then, like a cosmic revelation, twelve eyes tore through the very fabric of the cosmos, focusing on a seemingly inconspicuous boy wandering a desolate road, stealthily pilfering something to satiate his hunger.

'Haa... guess I survived. That old man really has stamina,' Ling Feng thought as he deftly escaped the clutches of the elderly man from whom he had snatched the meatballs.

*thud*

"Look straight, young man," a bearded old man said to Ling Feng, who widened his eyes in surprise. It was indeed the same old man from whom he had snatched the meatballs.

"Wait, don't beat me. Here, you can have it."

The man glanced at the malnourished boy, feigning nonchalance as he extended his hands, ostensibly about to take the meatballs. In a swift movement, the old man grasped the boy's wrist and felt his pulse, his eyes widening in realization, followed by a maniacal laughter that echoed through the desolate road.

"HOHOHOHO... I finally found my successor. Boy, be glad. From now on, you are my disciple."

The words reverberated in Ling Feng's mind, leaving him in a state of shock. He stumbled backward, unable to comprehend what had just transpired, only to receive a kick from the old man. The force sent him hurtling into a mysterious portal that had materialized behind him. The old man followed suit, disappearing into the same enigmatic gateway. Bystanders paid no heed, following the unwritten rule of the cultivation world—ignoring the suffering of others.

Unbeknownst to everyone present, twelve observing eyes were fixed on this extraordinary occurrence. The old man reveled in finding a disciple with a one-in-a-million talent.

[Things seem to be unfolding according to destiny. I suspect the woman held more than the anticipated time.]

[Fetch that woman's soul.]

As if the surrounding particles started to congeal, undergoing a transformation akin to an extraction of energy, it appeared as though the very essence, awaiting its reincarnation, was being drawn out of the dimension it belonged to.

The celestial gathering of particles merged into a mesmerizing display, forming a vortex that pulsed with an otherworldly glow. It was a spectacle that blurred the lines between the fabric of existence and the ethereal unknown, as a ethereal light ball appeared.

'Where am I?'

[You know what you did, puny ant.]

The voice thundered, a relentless force that made the soul kneel in submission. Fluctuations trembled through the very essence of being, as if existence itself teetered on the edge of annihilation. Another voice intervened, temporarily halting the soul's dissolution.

[Vanishing is a small punishment.]

[Agreed. You pathetic ant should understand the weight of your deeds. You will be reborn without losing your memories, cursed by a cruel fate.]

These words bore the gravity of cosmic laws, and the forces of nature responded, hurling the woman's essence through the void without granting a glimpse of the beings who had pronounced judgment. The plea went unheard, callously disregarded in the grand tapestry of existence.

[From now on, we have to be more cautious with our bets.]

[Agreed.]

[The next Karmic Vessel candidate should be yours, right, Mordessa?]

[Yes, but I have chosen not to take unnecessary risks.]

Mordessa, an entity of ethereal beauty, spoke, channeling a significant amount of Divine Energy to manipulate reality.

[It is not valid, Mordessa.]

[If there are any alterations to the destiny of the world, then that would be invalid, not the Vessel itself.]

[What have you done?]

[I simply gave her future memories. I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.]

[Let's observe how things unfold.]

......

In the everlasting night, a shroud of quiet intimacy enveloped the room. The woman, with her cascading blonde hair and mesmerizing emerald eyes, nestled in the man's embrace, feeling the comforting warmth he offered. Their unspoken decision to become one after their impending marriage added to the anticipation, fueling the tenderness of their shared moments.

The man with his silent actions, needed no words to convey his intentions. His meticulous plans were already set in motion, orchestrating a carefully calculated move towards his goals. The night wore on, the shared warmth an affirmation of their trust and commitment.

As the hours passed and exhaustion began to claim them, the allure of sleep beckoned. They succumbed to its embrace, finding a tranquil slumber amidst the shadows of the room.

The woman's heart was at peace, knowing she wouldn't have to part ways with the man she deeply loved.

On the other hand, the man's spirit soared, marking this night as the first step towards the vengeance he sought.

With the arrival of morning, the sun cast its tender rays into the room, painting a portrait of ethereal beauty. The woman's golden locks seemed to come alive in the sunlight, exuding a heavenly glow. Meanwhile, the man stirred, his eyes adjusting to the gentle invasion of light.

Man as opened his Obsedian eyes found cat jumping inside room from the window,'Where were you? And why did it take five hours?'

[Human, I went to in a graveyard,] 

'What were you doing in the graveyard?'

Confusion laced the man's words as he grappled with the revelation.

[You know, after the bet is over, the first thing those Beings will do is find the reason and track you by identifying the soul of the woman whom you replaced.]

Realization struck the man hard, a surge of frustration coursing through him. He clenched his fists, the injuries from the previous night's trials protesting the pressure. Blood welled up anew, a physical reminder of the stakes involved.

[Calm down, Human. Why do you think I went there?] The cat, seemingly unperturbed, licked its paws, a glint of wisdom in its feline gaze.

[They can't remember every puny soul they send into the world. That's why they put a mark on their souls. I already told you about it. I just took this woman's mark and placed it on that dead body.]

Understanding dawned on the man, mingling with a sense of relief. He sighed, grateful for the cat's resourcefulness, "I owe you one."

The cat held his gaze for a moment, their whole relationship is based on partnership, as both needed each other for profit, Zyrglax needed him for accumulating Divine Energy and He needed him for His Vengeance. 

The cat settled into its spot on the sofa, seemingly drifting into a slumber. 

Man noticed his hands ,where his injuries from night has renewed and seeing it , a slight smile formed on his face as he shifted his attention to the enchanting figure lying beside him.

He drew closer, he noticed her deep in peaceful sleep, oblivious to the man's unusual morning demeanor. He leaned closer to her ear and began to enact a charade.

"Aahhhh, it hurts."

The words reached the woman's ears, stirring her from her slumber. Startled, she woke up swiftly, her eyes widening at the sight of blood seeping from the man's hands, unnoticed the night before due to exhaustion.

"H-how? You're really reckless!"

Panic laced her voice as she hurriedly fetched a first aid kit and began tending to his wounds. Carefully tying the bandage and pushing her disheveled hair behind her ears, she heard the man's voice.

"Guess you've become smarter, opting for first aid before panicking like you usually do."

In response, she tightened the knot slightly, causing the man to wince. "Hey, it hurts."

"It's good if it hurts," she retorted, pouting.

"Is it really that good for me to get hurt?" 

The man's words made the woman flinch slightly, but she realized he was still play-acting. She chose to not react and simply nestled into his chest.

"Today is our marriage, right?"

"Yes, it is. I can't wait for the night to come,"

 The woman blushed, much to his satisfaction. After enhancing the woman's intellect and manipulating her memories to prevent complications, he needed to create such memories to keep her in his control. 

But For that innocent woman who had already fallen under his influence, this moment was the happiest for her, even though she had no idea about the truth.

After their sweet quarrel, the woman made her way to the bathroom, only to be caught by the man.

"If you want, I can accompany you," 

The woman's face blushed, and before she could reply, she heard the man speak again, "Sorry, but today is an important day. See you."

He hurriedly stood and left the room, grabbing his shirt from the sofa, leaving the woman surprised. A determined thought formed in her mind: she was determined to not let him escape tonight.

.....

Man left his room and arrived at the Big hall where his secretary was waiting for him while wearing a knee length dreen with cross shoulder, enhancing her beauty more. 

"Anastasia, I am marrying Lisia today. Invite all the guests you need to," 

The man instructed, putting on his shirt.

 His secretary seemed taken aback, struggling to comprehend the sudden urgency, but due to her being a professional in her Job, she composed herself. 

"Do you really mean it, sir? I'll inform Albert urgently; he will handle the invitations. As for the venue, it should be a grand event befitting the name Croceus. I hope to—" she began, trying to explain and plan.

"Stop it. Don't tell me these useless details. Talk to my wife; she will handle everything from now on. You will be appointed as her secretary to help her understand all the details."

 The man interrupted, adding to the flood of urgent information, as if not giving it any thoughts as he closed last button of his shirt. 

The secretary found herself overwhelmed, struggling to grasp the sudden turn of events. Was she dreaming? It seemed too abrupt. The man looked at her blankly, as if saying, 'Again?'—a reminder of her earlier trance-like behavior. Reminded of her previous reactions, she left for the man's room to meet her soon-to-be new boss.

[Human, aren't your decisions too quick?]

The man smiled slightly, then explained to the cat, 'I don't have time to handle these business matters. I need to gather strength, and for that, I need more money, resources, and also 'we' have to prepare for the next bet. As for Lisia being a variable, she's not going to slip from my grasp that easily,and I will make sure of it.'

"Sir, I heard you're getting married today," remarked Albert, his demeanor respectful and composed.

Avendial looked towards Albert and nodded, acknowledging the efficiency of his trusted secretary. "Yes, you heard right. Send invitations to all the necessary guests," he instructed before he heard Albert add, "Sir, I hope you will take a moment to prepare yourself."

Realizing that he hadn't taken a bath since yesterday, Albert respectfully addressed the concern, ensuring his Master would be at his best for the significant event. He immediately bowed, comprehending Avendial's urgency. To guarantee Avendial was in impeccable form for the upcoming celebration, he wasted no time and promptly ordered the servants to prepare a fitting and luxurious bath

1