Capture
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capture

The sun began to set as three kids played in the backyard of a red farmhouse. "Tag your it!" one of the boys shouted, his blue eyes glimmering with happiness. "Hey not fair!" another boy pouted.

"Come inside Ryan it's time for supper," a man said standing outside of the house. "But dad-" the boy pouted. "No buts you need to eat and tell your friends they can come over tomorrow," The man said firmly.

"Sorry guys my dad wants me to go eat but he said you can come back tomorrow," the boy said, his gaze now facing down at the bright green grass. The two other boys nodded and skurried on home.

Ryan waved his friends goodbye and quickly made his way inside the house. "why can't they ever stay over" he asked. "I'm sorry son, ever since you're mother passed, I've barely been able to keep a roof over our heads so I don't have the money to feed all you kids." The man's face filled with grief. 

Ryan who was only ten tilted his head with a confused gaze. "are we going to lose our home?" he asked. "I'm not sure but don't worry about that, go ahead and eat" the man smiled sheepishly as he walked over to the dinner table.

Ryan made his way over to the table and sat down. A bowl of warm soup sat on the table in front of him. "Soup again?" the boy said. "Sorry son that's all we have right now but I promise once I have enough money I'll buy some pizza," the father said with some doubt in his voice.

Ryan gazed at the soup for a few minutes before grabbing his spoon and digging in. The father stood up from his chair and fixated his gaze on his son. "I'm going to make a phone call real quick, don't leave the table until you're done eating," he said as he left the dining room. The boy nodded and continued to eat his soup.

The father made his way over to the bedroom down the hall. He pulled out a Motorola T191 from his pocket and dialed a number. "Yes hello, this is the Carnel family I..."

Ryan finished up his bowl of soup and burped. He picked up the bowl and brought it over to the sink. As he placed the bowl in the sink, he saw a few lights come from the woods. Ryan looked closer through the window and saw multiple men wearing all-black military gear all armed with rifles.

"Hey Dad, there's a bunch of people with guns heading towards the house!" the boy shouted. Ryan turned his gaze towards the hallway. "Dad?" he shouted once more. Receiving no answer, Ryan slowly made his way toward the hallway.

He grabbed his wrist tightly and slowly walked down the hall. "Dad?" he muttered. He soon reached the room his dad entered. He looked around but saw nothing besides a bed and closet. 

As he walked farther into the room, he heard a floorboard creek instinctively make him turn around. "Oh you scared me Dad where were" Before Ryan could finish, his dad grabbed him and covered his mouth with a rag. "I'm sorry son."

Ryan squirmed around as his dad tried knocking him out. He reeled his leg forward and quickly swung it back right into his dad's groin making him let go. Ryan landed on his feet and quickly ran out of the room and towards the front door. 

He opened the door as his dad shouted at him "I'M SORRY THAT IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY!" his dad's words rang through his ears as he ran down the dirt road. 

It wasn't long until he ran out of breath. His heart pounded as he dropped onto his knees. "Can't. stop." He said to himself, trying to get his breath back. Ryan stood up and started to jog. 

Suddenly he dropped back onto the ground, this time unable to move. "Why can't I move my body," he thought. "We got him." a man said as he picked Ryan up. He tried to make out the man's appearance but his vision started to fade,  Their voices began to sound like chatter.

"Help. me," he muttered before passing out. "Alright load him up in the truck and let's get a move on." another man spoke, his voice somewhat gravely. The man who had Ryan opened the back of an armored truck and threw him inside. The man slammed the doors shut and walked over to the passenger side of the truck. He hit the truck twice before getting in, letting them know they were ready to go.

"Hope this was worth it," the man said as they started to drive away. The man driving nodded his head as they drove off into the dark and gloomy night.

 

tired boy with black hair, blue eyes, black t-shirt, falling onto the dirt ground face first, night time, gloomy webtoon

0