Death Game Pt.1
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Death Game Pt.1

It was a late afternoon and kids were being called up for lunch. Like any other day, the kids sluggishly went to the lunch room and sat down in their respective spots. However, unlike before, no fights broke out. After a few weeks of being in the facility, they learned to just listen to what they were told. 

Atlas sat down at the farthest table away from everyone else. It was the only table that was empty in the entire lunch room. He stared blankly at the tabletop and sighed. "Ever since Ryan disappeared, stuff has been quite boring." He said to himself. As a tray was placed in front of Atlas, something caught his eye. 

He turned to look at what looked like a person entering the lunch room. Atlas's eyes shot wide open as he realized it was Ryan. He waved his hand up high to get his attention. Ryan turned his gaze towards Atlas and began walking in his direction. 

"Hey, where have you been?" Altas asked. "I'm not sure, all I remember is waking up inside the cell with no one inside it," Ryan responded in return to his question. Atlas's gaze turned into confusion but in turn, decided to shrug it off. "Well anyways we probably should eat up, I heard that there's going to be an announcement after lunch," Atlas informed.

A guard placed a tray in front of Ryan and proceeded to spit on him. Confused, Ryan looks up at the guard and realizes it's the one who attacked the kid in the lunch room. Ryan sighed and proceeded to grab the spoon off his tray and clench it with all his might. Noticing this Atlas placed his hand on Ryan's shoulder.

Ryan's gaze switched from the guard to Atlas. "No" Atlas spoke. "Sorry," Ryan muttered. He loosened his grip on the spoon and placed it into the bowl of soup. Later after they finished their meal, the speakers turned on with a small screech noise, reminiscent of a mic being dropped. "As you all must know, there is going to be something special we have in store for you," he said, his voice somewhat low-pitched.

"We are well aware that there is potential in you all and that will be tested for the rest of this month," he said. Ryan looked at Atlas, his expression filled with concern. "Get into a group of two and I will tell you the rest from there."

Atlas looked at Ryan and put up a fist. Ryan smirked and fist-bumped Atlas. As the kids finished getting into pairs, the intercoms turned on."Two teams each will enter a room and fight until both of the opposing team members are unable to fight back whether unconscious or exhausted but DO NOT KILL or there will be consequences." they said with a slight growl in their voice. "Once a team has been beaten, the winners shall agree on choosing someone from the team that lost to join them."

Hearing this, Ryan nervously swallowed his saliva. "Finally, the guards will lead each of you to your respective rooms to fight." A loud beep shot out of the speakers signaling the guards to direct the kids to the rooms. The guard from earlier walked up to Ryan and pushed him and Atlas forward. 

They walked into a massive elevator and quickly descended far below the earth's surface. As they stopped descending, big elevator doors opened to reveal a long hallway with doors on each side. Ryan's group alongside another group was forced into the first room to the left. The guard then shuts the door behind them. The speakers in the room turned on and the man began to speak once more. "One group go stand across the room so there is space between you," he ordered. Both Ryan and Atlas walked across the room and turned around to face the other kids.

"Begin." The speakers shut off and the other kids ran toward Ryan and Atlas. Not sure what else to do, Ryan raised his fist alongside Atlas. A kid with dark skin and yellow eyes ran at Ryan and punched him across the head knocking him down onto the ground.  Atlas seeing this, lets his guard down to go help Ryan just to get the wind knocked out of him by a girl.

"This is too easy," the kid said to Ryan. Being the hot-headed kid he is, Ryan growled and kicked the kid's shin causing him to stumble back a bit. Ryan then stood up and charged towards the kid. Seeing this, He crossed his arms to brace himself. Ryan tackled him to the ground and began punching at his arms trying to get through to his face.

Atlas stepped back, narrowly dodging the girl's punch. "I was told to never hit a girl," Atlas said. "Well grow a pair," she said in return. "Wait what's that supposed to mean?" he asked. The girl without hesitation kicked him in the nuts causing Atlas to yelp in pain and fall to the floor. The girl began kicking Atlas until his nose began to bleed. Tears ran down his face as her shoe collided with his face.

Ryan finally got through the boy's arms and decked him in the face a few times until he was knocked out. Ryan stood up and looked over at Atlas. Seeing him be brutally kicked made a believable type of anger boil up inside his body. Ryan in a trance-like state proceeded to walk toward the girl. Hearing footsteps behind her, she stopped kicking Atlas and swung her fist around getting ready to punch Ryan.

Seeing her body move, Ryan instinctively ducked under her fist and quickly dispatched her with a clean uppercut. The girl fell to the ground and held her jaw. She waved her hand signaling she gave up. Ryan looked over her with an emotionless gaze while reeling back his arm preparing to finish her off. Suddenly a hand placed itself on Ryan's shoulder. "It's okay, it's over" a familiar voice spoke. Ryan turned his gaze towards the voice to see Atlas with a bloody nose and bruised face.

"Oh," he said as he broke out of his trance-like state. "Well, it looks like we have to choose someone," Atlas said as looked at the girl and then the boy. "I think the girl-" Atlas stopped when Ryan shook his head. "The boy has more strength and seems to be more durable, he is more useful," Ryan said. Ryan walked over to the boy and reached out his hand. The boy slowly opened his eyes to see Ryan standing in front of him. 

"Get up, You're not done yet." Ryan declared.

a young boy with black hair/blue eyes lending his hand out while looking down with a serious expression/ gritty aesthetic/black background with light shining in from the top/ downwards angle/ black t-shirt// webtoon

0